NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Anyone using a gaming mouse for trading? Worth upgrading from Logitech Anywhere MX2?

Discussion in Tech Support

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Howard Roark with 5 posts (0 thanks)
    2. looks_two Jigsaw Trading with 2 posts (4 thanks)
    3. looks_3 TradingOgre with 2 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 marin with 1 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Jigsaw Trading with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Leon of Pizza with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 chartmojo2 with 2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 TradingOgre with 1.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 9,179 views
    2. thumb_up 14 thanks given
    3. group 11 followers
    1. forum 16 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

Anyone using a gaming mouse for trading? Worth upgrading from Logitech Anywhere MX2?

Howard Roark
Oslo Norway

Thanks Given: 389
Thanks Received: 529

Hello, guys,

So, I've mostly been using basic mouses, but felt I was stepping up my game when I invested in a Logitech Anywhere MX 2 Wireless earlier this year. Initially, I bought the Master, but it was a bit too clunky for my hands and somehow felt a little imprecise.

However, I was at a computer store this weekend and was able to try a wired gaming mouse. I think the model was ADX. I was surprised by how accurate it felt. Like it was an extension of my hand.

So, I'm now considering if it may be worth it to do an upgrade.

Any thoughts or experiences to share?

Thanks in advance.

Howard

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
26 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
25 thanks
The Program
17 thanks

TradingOgre 
Evans GA/USA
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage - Philip Capital
Trading: NQ,ES,6E,CL
Thanks Given: 908
Thanks Received: 1,672

I am using a Logitech G403 right now and really like it. It's about 43 USD here in the US. I switched from a wireless mouse just because I got tired of having to charge the batteries and like most things the battery would die when you needed it most.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Howard Roark
Oslo Norway

TradingOgre View Post
I am using a Logitech G403 right now and really like it. It's about 43 USD here in the US. I switched from a wireless mouse just because I got tired of having to charge the batteries and like most things the battery would die when you needed it most.

Hi, TradingOgre,

Interestingly, the G403 was one of the models I were considering as it was very highly rated in a test I came over.

Do you think I'll notice a difference from the Anywhere MX2 I'm currently using?

TradingOgre 
Evans GA/USA
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage - Philip Capital
Trading: NQ,ES,6E,CL
Thanks Given: 908
Thanks Received: 1,672

Howard Roark View Post
Hi, TradingOgre,

Interestingly, the G403 was one of the models I were considering as it was very highly rated in a test I came over.

Do you think I'll notice a difference from the Anywhere MX2 I'm currently using?

I am a rather tall person with big hands and the G403 felt the best when I tested it at the store. I didn't need one with 20 buttons on it like some of the gaming mice out there. Keep it simple. I like that I can click one button and change the sensitivity of the mouse. If I am doing something that I need to be very precise with I can click a button just behind the scroll wheel and change how fast the mouse responds to movement. Click it again a couple of times and I am back to a fast response.

My only complaint and it was a minor one is that the cord is a bit stiff. It has a cover over the cable that made it stiff. Over time it has loosened up and isn't a problem anymore. When I first got it, you could let go of the mouse and because the cord was so stiff it would push the mouse. More of a nuisance than anything. Doesn't do it anymore.

It looks similar to the MX2. It may be a bit bigger, hard to tell from pictures online. I think the LED's on the G403 make it go faster. LOL!

Thanked by:
Ozquant
Brisbane Queensland Australia

Thanks Given: 167
Thanks Received: 380

I use a logitech G302 gaming mouse , highly recommend it . You can turn up the speed/travel which is great for multi screen setups , wouldnt use another mouse now ...

Howard Roark
Oslo Norway

Sounds great, guys. Really appreciate the input.

I'm just curious if it would make a matter compared to my Anywhere MX2. I saw some guy online say that the MX2 was far more imprecise than an optical mouse, but that it might not matter much for regular office work. What we're doing is perhaps not quite regular office work.

I do a lot of scrolling both on charts, Excel and order entry, so precision is an advantage for sure. Not to say I feel I suffer currently. I just felt that when I tested that mouse in the store it was a bigger difference than I imagined it would be.

I will go back for more testing and see if I can find a Logitech.

marin 
Sonoma, CA, USA

Have been using a Rival 500 for about a year..& really like it...
9 programmable buttons...enough to include my most important Ninja hotkeys...
A touch heavy, but got used to it....great software also...most buttons easily reachable....

Have a SteelSeries Sensai 310 on another machine....only 5 programmable buttons...
...lighter weight than the rival 500 though....also a great mouse....

You know, you can run two mice at the same time on one machine....
...so 2 Rival 500s would give you 18 available hotkeys !!

jackbravo 
SF, CA/USA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: SC
Broker: Stage 5
Trading: NQ...uh..ES actually
Thanks Given: 4,362
Thanks Received: 2,400

There's a logitech g502 that's been updated for 2018 with their new sensor.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

"It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop." Confucius
Thanked by:

Jigsaw Trading  Jigsaw Trading is an official Site Sponsor

Thanks Given: 831
Thanks Received: 10,393

I use a Razer Deathadder Elite...

This is what happens when you send your teen son to the shops to get you a new mouse.

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io " Ask Me Anything" thread
Thanked by:
Howard Roark
Oslo Norway

Haven't found the time yet, but will most likely invest in this. I'm even considering a gaming keyboard, although that is probably less important for my needs...

DionysusToast View Post
I use a Razer Deathadder Elite...

This is what happens when you send your teen son to the shops to get you a new mouse.

Funny.

That particular model seems to be often mentioned and recommended. Are you happy with this one and feel it's an significant improvement over a 'regular' mouse?

Last Updated on January 25, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts