NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Convergent Trading by FuturesTrader71 (Morad Askar) Reviews - convergenttrading.com

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one FuturesTrader71 with 8 posts (25 thanks)
    2. looks_two ss108 with 8 posts (10 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Oriole with 6 posts (4 thanks)
    4. looks_4 sureway with 4 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one benedmunds with 11 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Salao with 8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 FuturesTrader71 with 3.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 ss108 with 1.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 27,514 views
    2. thumb_up 89 thanks given
    3. group 24 followers
    1. forum 53 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

Convergent Trading by FuturesTrader71 (Morad Askar) Reviews - convergenttrading.com

Oriole 
Naples FLA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninja Trader 8
Broker: NinjaTrader
Trading: Currency Futures, RTY, ES, NQ
Thanks Given: 202
Thanks Received: 72

Grantx View Post
I have just subscribed. I look forward to watching, learning, and hopefully having something relevant to contribute.

I watched 2 of his (FT71) webinars and they were great. The one on trading alone and the ask me anything webinar. Really gave me a feel for his trading style to prepare for his room. I'm gonna watch a few more this week. Thank you.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Oriole 
Naples FLA

Platform: Ninja Trader 8
Broker: NinjaTrader
Trading: Currency Futures, RTY, ES, NQ
Thanks Given: 202
Thanks Received: 72

ss108 View Post
Apologies if that came across harshly, not my intention.
You are going to need to find an edge or several and this is far
from easy . It took me a decade to really figure things out.
You will need to be a fierce individualist, you must never rely on
anyone except yourself . Volume profile is useful and a must to learn in my opinion but it is hardly the be-all, end-all.

Axia has a useful course on volume profile (I have no affiliation with any trading/investing concern.)

PATs also has a good , fairly cheap course.

Check out Zunaa (zunaa2 ?) on YouTube , old videos but quite good
for idea generation .

Don't ever pay any so called mentor without seeing their actual
returns . Nobody will be able to produce them of course . Never pay
more than a grand for anything . Day Trading Academy and so forth
are complete rubbish. There are no magic indicators and I find simple stuff like trendlines and moving averages to be useful. Technical analysis is very over-rated imo.

Most books are crap too. Check out Adam Grimes, Toby Crabel and Laurentiu Damir. Brett Streenbarger has a site which has superb
emini related trading info, all free.

You don't need to daytrade either , I also utilize a simple trend-following system (Monthly time frame)
utilizing equity indice ETFs.

I just saved you a few years of searching and researching

No need to apologize. Your responding at all shows you care which is what this board is about. I'll look through every name and resource you noted and I very much appreciate your input. I did not mean my post to sound flippant and I positively realize the level of work and amount of commitment it takes to be a successful trader. I'm just trying to figure out what feels comfortable and then how to achieve it with the time I have to commit to the challenge.

ss108 
Chicago Illinois USA

Experience: None
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 190
Thanks Received: 43

Oriole View Post
No need to apologize. Your responding at all shows you care which is what this board is about. I'll look through every name and resource you noted and I very much appreciate your input. I did not mean my post to sound flippant and I positively realize the level of work and amount of commitment it takes to be a successful trader. I'm just trying to figure out what feels comfortable and then how to achieve it with the time I have to commit to the challenge.

See also portfoliovisualizer website
Read any book by Larry Swedroe and Anti Ilmanen

Sorry , I just realized I my messages are not in accord with the Thread Title .

I purchased FT71s inexpensive videos a while ago and they are good, he has a free video archive on an old website of his, maybe still in use ?

FuturesTrader71 

Thanks Given: 174
Thanks Received: 1,513

Oriole View Post
Hi @FuturesTrader71. NOOB here. Is your site, chat, methodology too advanced for a new guy to find his way? I'm looking for a trusted resource (you seemed to have earned that here) to learn and establish a trading methodology. I'll NEVER be a full-time trader, just a hobbyist wanting to become proficient making $250-$500 a day. Thank you.

Hi Oriole,

Thanks for asking.

Frankly, I can't answer this question for you as my answer has a conflict of interest built into it (I run Convergent). I also want you to know that I don't see myself as an educator or mentor. My vision is simply to build a strong community of focused traders who want to become career professionals. There are grander plans, but I will discuss those when they are implemented.

My advice to you is to ask around. Otherwise, commit to just 1 month before February 29th (prices will be adjusted as beta will end then). We don't provide specific setups or some written out plan. We discuss attacking the market from various angles, but you will ultimately have to find what makes sense to you and make it yours. This will take time and a lot of support. This is what we provide.

Best of luck!

Risk Disclaimer: Trading Futures is not suitable for all investors. Past Performance is not indicative of future results.

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io " Ask Me Anything" thread
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

FuturesTrader71 

Thanks Given: 174
Thanks Received: 1,513

Oriole View Post
$500 is the way over the top end goal. I’d be thrilled to make $100 a day consistently. I’m not a total noob trader, just newer to futures looking for a fresh start. By hobbyist, I mean semi retired looking to supplement income.
I appreciate the reprimand. I would never ever put retirement assets at risk and I’m pretty risk averse still trading micros.
Thank you.

I suggest you reframe how you measure success in this process. Your goal is going to be to gain complete control of your process and execution so that it is as perfect as it needs to be in order to achieve your edge (whatever that is). If successful, the money will follow and then it won't and then it will and then it won't all while putting risk first so that you can survive the times when money is lost (which is inevitable from time to time). Monetary goals are unrealistic and put unnecessary pressure on you.

Risk Disclaimer: Trading Futures is not suitable for all investors. Past Performance is not indicative of future results.

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io " Ask Me Anything" thread
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

Salao 
Los Angeles CA
Market Wizard

Platform: TradeStation
Broker: Tradestation
Trading: GC/MGC, MCL, MES
Thanks Given: 10,571
Thanks Received: 5,870

FuturesTrader71 View Post
Your goal is going to be to gain complete control of your process and execution so that it is as perfect as it needs to be in order to achieve your edge (whatever that is).

I loved this post. This sentence is going to stick with me for a long, long time! I used to have monetary goals, but ditched them when I realized I needed to focus on, as you put it, process and execution. The monetary goals were an extra, and unnecessary, layer of garbage and were counterproductive. I feel like this sentence very clearly articulates what I've been working toward. Clarity...I love it!

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 ss108 
Chicago Illinois USA

Experience: None
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 190
Thanks Received: 43

Salao View Post
I loved this post. This sentence is going to stick with me for a long, long time! I used to have monetary goals, but ditched them when I realized I needed to focus on, as you put it, process and execution. The monetary goals were an extra, and unnecessary, layer of garbage and were counterproductive. I feel like this sentence very clearly articulates what I've been working toward. Clarity...I love it!

I humbly suggest learning VP from FT71, guy is the master . But also check out the course from Axia, they go into specific set-ups which can be effective from personal experience but only after you are able to put your personal twist them.

Thanked by:
 Henning993 
Osnabrück, Germany

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Chart, Tastyworks
Broker: AMP, Tastyworks
Trading: (M)ES + (M)CL Futures, Options
Thanks Given: 25
Thanks Received: 48

Henning993 View Post
Thank you for your advice.
Would you be able to kindly share the link of that website?
All I could find so far was (rather old) content about trading psychology. Seems I oversaw something...
Thanks in advance.

@ss108:
unless you oversaw my post, as you did not reply to my question, I assume that there actually is no website by Brett Streenbarger with e-mini-related content then?

matthew28 
United Kingdom

Platform: Bookmap
Broker: Stage 5, Rithmic
Trading: US Equity Index Futures
Thanks Given: 3,500
Thanks Received: 2,532

Henning993 View Post
e-mini-related content then?

He's a trading psychologist who works with prop firms and institutions and has written some very good books. There is also a newer site for his most recent website based book.
He trades the ES and amongst the psychology are some Trading Technique posts, this is a link to the page that lists them.
TraderFeed: TOP TRADING TECHNIQUE POSTS

You do not win as a trader, you just get to play again the next day. If that game doesn’t appeal to you then you should not trade. Gary Norden

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,341
Thanks Received: 26,267

Henning993 View Post
All I could find so far was (rather old) content about trading psychology. Seems I oversaw something...

Dr. Steenbarger is focused principally on trading psychology, which some regard as more important than others do. To each his own on that question.

But you won't get trading calls and that sort of thing. Also, to each his own on whether that is a good or a bad thing.

He's well-known in the industry, and, of course, whether anyone finds his work valuable is an individual matter. @matthew28 has provided a link for anyone who wants to look into it.

But let's not let this thread get too far off-topic with discussions not related to Convergent.

Thanks.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on November 18, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts