NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Earn2Trade - Orianna Foucault (Director of Support) - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Earn2Trade with 172 posts (247 thanks)
    2. looks_two emini2000 with 30 posts (20 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 25 posts (64 thanks)
    4. looks_4 BertV with 23 posts (30 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 2.6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two canoekoh with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Earn2Trade with 1.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 BertV with 1.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 234,937 views
    2. thumb_up 693 thanks given
    3. group 1,068 followers
    1. forum 631 posts
    2. attach_file 20 attachments

Earn2Trade - Orianna Foucault (Director of Support) - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

garyboy275 
wa/ usa

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Rithmic
Trading: "CL ES 6C 6E" NQ only nowadays
Thanks Given: 202
Thanks Received: 454

I just saw these above messages , cause I was about to ask the same question.

When data is released its fine-one minute before and 1 minute after, although excessive but I can understand you want to protect your capital.

BUT when FED speakers speak or when there are Fed minutes released how does one who is trading for your firm know when they are done. It might be listed to start speaking at 12 pm and Powell maynot start until 12.05 (like it was this past week) and he may continue till 12:15 pm or he might go on for 2 hours ? How is your trader supposed to know when he is done. This is a ridiculous catch and none of the other firms do this. Please look into it. You may not see it as such but this is clearly a TRAP.

And what about when you do miss to list an event. The trader has done his due diligence but if you are slacking on your side why is trader penalized ?

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

Earn2Trade 

Thanks Given: 9
Thanks Received: 299

garyboy275 View Post
I just saw these above messages , cause I was about to ask the same question.

When data is released its fine-one minute before and 1 minute after, although excessive but I can understand you want to protect your capital.

BUT when FED speakers speak or when there are Fed minutes released how does one who is trading for your firm know when they are done. It might be listed to start speaking at 12 pm and Powell maynot start until 12.05 (like it was this past week) and he may continue till 12:15 pm or he might go on for 2 hours ? How is your trader supposed to know when he is done. This is a ridiculous catch and none of the other firms do this. Please look into it. You may not see it as such but this is clearly a TRAP.

And what about when you do miss to list an event. The trader has done his due diligence but if you are slacking on your side why is trader penalized ?

Hey @garyboy275

You don't have to wait until they are done. Our approved times page clearly states that you must be flat 1min before the listed time until 1min after. Even if it's some speech that you don't know when it will end? In many cases, even if it's just a speech, they will deliver/post opening remarks at the beginning. Algo's can pick up on this and may cause movements. We don't tell you that you need to be flat during the whole speech, don't worry!

It's NEVER a case where there is some "open ended" end time you have to worry about. Everything is spelled out on our website, specific to asset and times, in advance.

If there is an event that is missing from our approved times list, you don't need to worry about it. If it was suppose to be there and we somehow missed it, you will NOT be penalized for it.

I hope that clears things up!

Earn2Trade
www.earn2trade.com
Become a Professional Trader. Decisions That Can Change Your Life Forever.
Follow me on Twitter
Thanked by:

garyboy275 
wa/ usa

Platform: Rithmic
Trading: "CL ES 6C 6E" NQ only nowadays
Thanks Given: 202
Thanks Received: 454

Ryan,
I just signed up for the mini. The ONLY reason is looks like you are an awesome person and care about your business. Your response has been topnotch.

One more suggestion for your website team if you can have the events calendar style instead of being a list like right now with current day being highlighted and next upcoming event highlighted. It would go a long ways to resolving the confusion people have regarding events and times.

Goodluck

Earn2Trade 

garyboy275 View Post
Ryan,
I just signed up for the mini. The ONLY reason is looks like you are an awesome person and care about your business. Your response has been topnotch.

One more suggestion for your website team if you can have the events calendar style instead of being a list like right now with current day being highlighted and next upcoming event highlighted. It would go a long ways to resolving the confusion people have regarding events and times.

Goodluck

Will absolutely send the feedback to the web team! thank you

Earn2Trade
www.earn2trade.com
Follow me on Twitter

WoodyFox 
Columbus, Ohio

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 196
Thanks Received: 876

I posted this under the Topstep thread and want to help all the desperate traders I can, so am posting it here. I wish futures.io would stop allowing these companies to target all the newbies that come here. I'm sure there is a lot. These companies make their masses off failing and uneducated traders. I find it more preditory than the so called educators.

"Please do not waste your money on these guys or any of the others. With the MICRO Futures there is no reason to use them anymore. Even if you can be profitable under their very tight parameters (It is doable), most traders are not always perfect and will make mistakes at some time in their career. Then you will go back to the beginning of the hamster wheel. I've heard peeps on this forum say "well I just want to build capital with them and just leave" No..Just use the micros. They even advertise "build your capital thing" themselves because they no the statistics. 95% of people that try to trade fail for life. The 5% that do become successful fail at some time during their education. They are making a killing with this stuff. Just 7000 new costumers a year and a few account resets and they bank a million. Who wouldn't bank the trades of a couple lucky suckers. LOL."

Knowing what I know now, and having made the turn. I have been there and done that. Unless you really know what your doing they will certainly take your money!

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Thanked by:

Earn2Trade 

WoodyFox View Post
I posted this under the Topstep thread and want to help all the desperate traders I can, so am posting it here. I wish futures.io would stop allowing these companies to target all the newbies that come here. I'm sure there is a lot. These companies make their masses off failing and uneducated traders. I find it more preditory than the so called educators.

"Please do not waste your money on these guys or any of the others. With the MICRO Futures there is no reason to use them anymore. Even if you can be profitable under their very tight parameters (It is doable), most traders are not always perfect and will make mistakes at some time in their career. Then you will go back to the beginning of the hamster wheel. I've heard peeps on this forum say "well I just want to build capital with them and just leave" No..Just use the micros. They even advertise "build your capital thing" themselves because they no the statistics. 95% of people that try to trade fail for life. The 5% that do become successful fail at some time during their education. They are making a killing with this stuff. Just 7000 new costumers a year and a few account resets and they bank a million. Who wouldn't bank the trades of a couple lucky suckers. LOL."

Knowing what I know now, and having made the turn. I have been there and done that. Unless you really know what your doing they will certainly take your money!

We wish you the best trying to kick start your career with micros.

Earn2Trade
www.earn2trade.com
Follow me on Twitter

MiniP 
USA,USA
Market Wizard

Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: ES,
Thanks Given: 1,109
Thanks Received: 2,943

WoodyFox View Post

its a business, the whole point of it is to make money,

I personally have not used any of these services but can see the appeal and it seems it might be more helpful then paying for a course that promises you make 7 figures in 4 months.

Can't blame someone who is trying to make money and also trying to help people. In this business people are always going to lose money its what we do.

-P

"Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie"-Miyamoto Musashi
Thanked by:

matthew28 
United Kingdom

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Bookmap
Broker: Stage 5, Rithmic
Trading: US Equity Index Futures
Thanks Given: 3,500
Thanks Received: 2,532

MiniP View Post
its a business, the whole point of it is to make money,

I personally have not used any of these services but can see the appeal and it seems it might be more helpful then paying for a course that promises you make 7 figures in 4 months.

Can't blame someone who is trying to make money and also trying to help people. In this business people are always going to lose money its what we do.

-P

Well said.
I have never used Earn2Trade, but have used TST (sorry Ryan ). Nobody forced me or anybody else to carefully go through these different companies rules then willingly choose the one that best suits them and purchase that service/product.

Trading is pure capitalism, simply about making money, and the whole resentment of other people doing so is ridiculous. The fact that these companies are run as serious profitable businesses are a positive if one is in effect trying to join them and be funded.

"Unless you really know what your doing they will certainly take your money!". They don't take your money, the trader chooses to pay them, and if they are not profitable with the company rules for the program they have chosen then they are also unlikely to be profitable trading their own funds.
If however a better trader is trading their own account making money then they are taking their profits from the "95% of people that try to trade fail for life." How is that better for the "newbies". They are still losing money and in my experience probably a lot more than the average $175 odd per month these trading companies charge.

You do not win as a trader, you just get to play again the next day. If that game doesn’t appeal to you then you should not trade. Gary Norden
Thanked by:

WoodyFox 
Columbus, Ohio

Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 196
Thanks Received: 876

Earn2Trade View Post
We wish you the best trying to kick start your career with micros.

With all do respect. That is the most ridiculous thing to say if one knows anything about trading and or is successful. I was not fortune to have the luxury of starting on the micros and became profitable regardless. If I would of had the opportunity to do so and knowing what I know now, it most certainly would have accelerated my career. Micros are the best thing that has come about for beginning traders. Also Great instrument to test new strategies on, and not break the bank. JMHO.

Thanked by:

Earn2Trade 

WoodyFox View Post
With all do respect. That is the most ridiculous thing to say if one knows anything about trading and or is successful. I was not fortune to have the luxury of starting on the micros and became profitable regardless. If I would of had the opportunity to do so and knowing what I know now, it most certainly would have accelerated my career. Micros are the best thing that has come about for beginning traders. Also Great instrument to test new strategies on, and not break the bank. JMHO.

I agree, my statement may have come off incorrectly. I'm sure adding a smiley or wording it differently would have changed the tone. We think micros are great and was trying to say that we really do wish you the best in your efforts to kick start your career with them! I believe we were the first firm to allow the use of Micros and in fact, we offer them in conjunction with the regular contracts. You don't have to use a "micro" challenge to trade the micros. We very much advocate for the usage of micros, they are great for risk purposes. I do however still believe that firms like ours, even with the introduction of futures, have a large benefit to traders.

Earn2Trade
www.earn2trade.com
Follow me on Twitter
Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 4, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts