NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Earn2Trade - Orianna Foucault (Director of Support) - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Earn2Trade with 172 posts (247 thanks)
    2. looks_two emini2000 with 30 posts (20 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 25 posts (64 thanks)
    4. looks_4 BertV with 23 posts (30 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 2.6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 2.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Earn2Trade with 1.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 BertV with 1.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 239,550 views
    2. thumb_up 693 thanks given
    3. group 1,068 followers
    1. forum 631 posts
    2. attach_file 20 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Earn2Trade - Orianna Foucault (Director of Support) - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

Earn2Trade 

Thanks Given: 9
Thanks Received: 299

Dear Traders,

This month, we’re introducing two exciting new features and an amazing deal on top!
  • End of Day Drawdown: The Gauntlet Mini™ minimum account balance will only be updated at the end of the trading day based on your closed trades. Find out how it works here.
  • Earn2Trade on Discord: You don’t have to face the futures market alone. Chat, chill and connect with other traders and fellow Gauntlet Mini™ candidates on our Discord server. Join here.

To top it off, we're also offering a 40% discount on all Gauntlet Mini™ accounts. Use the discount code "endofday40" or follow the link below to start your evaluation now. If you sign up this month, the 40% discount will be applied to your subscription every month until you pass, cancel or change your plan. The offer expires on July 31 at midnight CST, don't miss it!

Earn2Trade
www.earn2trade.com
Become a Professional Trader. Decisions That Can Change Your Life Forever.
Follow me on Twitter
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
34 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks
Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM
13 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
12 thanks
 dwt51 
Columbus, OH

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 763
Thanks Received: 56

Earn2Trade View Post

About your second question, the trader joins Helios as a limited member/partner of their trading firm. This means that at tax time, the trader receives a K1 statement where the trading PNL passes through with the normal benefits. For instance, on Futures, it's the 60/40 capital gains as normal. This sort of income is not normally subject to SE tax.

While Helios will issue you a K1 statement, they are not tax advisors, so please check with your CPA to ensure what is the specific situation for you.

And therein lies one of the biggest benefits for US taxpayers of going with E2T. To my knowledge every other of the popular futures trading prop firms treats the trader as a self employed contractor and their trading profits are considered ordinary income instead of capital gains. Capital gains treatment is clearly superior to ordinary income, which incurs self employment SS taxes and higher income tax rates.

dwt

Follow me on Twitter
Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,212
Thanks Received: 101,599

July 27th 2021 @ 4:30 PM ET US

A Transparent Glimpse Into a Prop Traders Life
Presented by: w/Chris Gray @ Earn2Trade

Join us for a transparent view into the mind of a funded/prop trader. Chris Gray of Earn 2 Trade covers his everyday processes as well as the tools that help him make more informed trading decisions. No holds barred, an honest view of what it is like being a professionally funded trader.

- Beginning at the beginning: Walking through a day in the life
- Tools: How I gain a competitive edge
- Honesty: Do I enjoy being a funded trader?

#inthelife, #tradingtools, #honestviews, #fundedtrader

Sponsored by: Earn2Trade

Earn2Trade is a Futures Trading education and evaluation company looking to fill a market gap in the futures trading industry.

While there were already several trading education companies on the market and a few firms with funded trading programs, we aimed to bring the two together in one place and do it better than anyone else.

Our goal is to offer an opportunity for futures traders and aspiring futures traders who know how to trade (or are interested in learning) but lack the capital to enter the market by themselves. We bring these traders together with proprietary trading firms willing to fund them if they can prove their skills. That’s our reason for creating our evaluation program, The Gauntlet Mini™.

The Gauntlet Mini™ is an intraday futures trading exam that guarantees a funding offer for a live trading account by our proprietary trading firm partner on successful completion. The program works on a paid subscription basis until the candidate meets the passing requirements without breaking the rules or until they cancel their plan.

Webinar Recording:

About Chris Gray:

Christopher Gray is a trading mentor and the Lead Education Coordinator at Earn2Trade. He graduated from Indian River State College with an A.S. in Finance and received a B.S. in Information systems management from Florida Atlantic University.

Chris is also a full-time professional trader with both his Series 3 (National Commodities Futures Examination) and Series 34 (Retail Off-Exchange Forex Examination) licenses. He owned and operated one of the most popular online Forex trading rooms and has been an active Futures, Forex, and Options trader for over 15 years. His trading style is firmly rooted in price action using candlestick charts. He analyzes the big picture by comparing several timeframes to execute an average of 2-5 trades a day.

Chris started writing financial articles for Futures, Forex, and Options traders back in 2010 and has contributed numerous lessons and videos to Earn2Trade's educational programs. Besides producing educational material, he also coaches traders from a beginner to a professional level.

Christopher Gray is a professional trader and a mentor at Earn2Trade, coaching traders from a beginner to a professional level

Earn2Trade is a Futures trading education and evaluation company, bringing traders together with prop firms willing to fund them.

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread
Thanked by:

David_R 
San Jose, Ca
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninja
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: Something moving
Thanks Given: 2,335
Thanks Received: 2,524

Not to be impatient, which I am, I'd like to ask a trading question. I assume this will be covered in the webinar, but I'll still ask. My fist curiosity is how does the prop trader trade? What I mean is, does he use indicators? I also assume he is profitable and am curious to know if he is profitable with the use of indicators or without.i won't get into why I'd like to know this, but if it's of importance to some I'm more than willing to share my thinking. Thanks!

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

Rrrracer 
On the road
Webinar Host
Trading Nomad

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TradingView
Broker: Oanda
Trading: FX
Thanks Given: 17,582
Thanks Received: 9,752

Very interested to know myself; I believe Chris is a solid guy and he won't hold anything back. Thanks @David_R, I will be sure to ask your question. Looking forward to the presentation

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

Rrrracer 
On the road
Webinar Host
Trading Nomad

And just like that, I totally spaced asking @David_R's question LOL... I'll reach out to Chris and see what he has to say.

Thanked by:
kevinio7
HENRICO Virginia/USA

Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 1

And what about my questions?

Rrrracer 
On the road
Webinar Host
Trading Nomad

@David_R, here is Chris' response:

"Prop traders in general are allowed to trade however they so choose as long as they adhere to their funding firms drawdown limitations generally speaking. Speaking for myself, I am strongly rooted in price action and generally use a very small number of indicators if any. I find higher degrees of success trading on naked charts than I do when I begin cluttering them with too many TA indicators, however, I do love using drawing tools to outline the store the price action is telling me. For me personally, less is more."

@kevinio7, I will post your questions shortly, I want everyone to see them along with the response.

Thanked by:

Rrrracer 
On the road
Webinar Host
Trading Nomad

@kevinio7's questions:

For equities, what data provider is good? Tick (trade) data. Order book. Depth of market at all levels.
Are you blowing smoke?
No genetic system building?
No Fourier analysis?
No Automated trading?

Personally, I don't know what you are looking for here... the second question seems inflammatory, and that's not how we roll... but it's easy to lose context over the internet. I will leave them here if @Earn2Trade decides they would like to respond.

Thanked by:

David_R 
San Jose, Ca
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninja
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: Something moving
Thanks Given: 2,335
Thanks Received: 2,524

Rrrracer View Post
@David_R, here is Chris' response:

"Prop traders in general are allowed to trade however they so choose as long as they adhere to their funding firms drawdown limitations generally speaking. Speaking for myself, I am strongly rooted in price action and generally use a very small number of indicators if any. I find higher degrees of success trading on naked charts than I do when I begin cluttering them with too many TA indicators, however, I do love using drawing tools to outline the store the price action is telling me. For me personally, less is more."

@kevinio7, I will post your questions shortly, I want everyone to see them along with the response.

Thank for getting the question answered. Appreciate it.

D

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on March 4, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts