NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Earn2Trade - Orianna Foucault (Director of Support) - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Earn2Trade with 172 posts (247 thanks)
    2. looks_two emini2000 with 30 posts (20 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 25 posts (64 thanks)
    4. looks_4 BertV with 23 posts (30 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 2.6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 2.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Earn2Trade with 1.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 BertV with 1.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 232,714 views
    2. thumb_up 693 thanks given
    3. group 1,068 followers
    1. forum 631 posts
    2. attach_file 20 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Earn2Trade - Orianna Foucault (Director of Support) - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

Earn2Trade 

Thanks Given: 9
Thanks Received: 299

Malthus View Post
@Earn2Trade

I have a question regarding the monthly withdrawal from Helios policy.

Since Helios withdraws 20%-40% of the money every month, in my opinion the growth of the account is harmed on the long run. It either forces the trader to also get their share (which returns the account to the start point every month and a bad streak could blow it) or never withdrawing money while Helios gets theirs, which doesn't seem fair.

Wouldn't be better in the long run if Helios only gets their share when the trader does like other companies? Or increase the withdrawal period to 3-6 months?

Even if one passes the Gauntlet, it would be like a new Gauntlet every month, since there is no buffer for bad streaks. Also the account will not grow and profits will remain low.

It’s about the prop firm protecting their capital. While other companies only withdraw when the trader does, they also trail the max loss, so eventually their risk is gone. With Helios, their risk does not go away until they can withdraw profits equal to their initial risk. No trailing drawdown necessitates the withdrawal.

Earn2Trade
www.earn2trade.com
Become a Professional Trader. Decisions That Can Change Your Life Forever.
Follow me on Twitter
The following 4 users say Thank You to Earn2Trade for this post:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Request for MACD with option to use different MAs for fa …
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Retail Trading As An Industry
67 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
48 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
47 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
32 thanks
What percentage per day is possible? [Poll]
31 thanks

Sheen
London UK

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 20

Malthus View Post
@Earn2Trade

I have a question regarding the monthly withdrawal from Helios policy.

Since Helios withdraws 20%-40% of the money every month, in my opinion the growth of the account is harmed on the long run. It either forces the trader to also get their share (which returns the account to the start point every month and a bad streak could blow it) or never withdrawing money while Helios gets theirs, which doesn't seem fair.

Wouldn't be better in the long run if Helios only gets their share when the trader does like other companies? Or increase the withdrawal period to 3-6 months?

Even if one passes the Gauntlet, it would be like a new Gauntlet every month, since there is no buffer for bad streaks. Also the account will not grow and profits will remain low.

Support this but with a slight modification - perhaps Helios could withdraw just a fixed amount each month (provided there is enough profit to draw from). For instance, with 20% split it could be $500 monthly or less if profit for the month is less than 500 / 0.2 = $2,500. Then the question arises - when to share the rest of profits?

On the other hand, if a trader withdraws regularly, it might be better as they will avoid the phenomenon of giving back the profits to the market which is probably trader's worst enemy

The following user says Thank You to Sheen for this post:

Earn2Trade 

Sheen View Post
Support this but with a slight modification - perhaps Helios could withdraw just a fixed amount each month (provided there is enough profit to draw from). For instance, with 20% split it could be $500 monthly or less if profit for the month is less than 500 / 0.2 = $2,500. Then the question arises - when to share the rest of profits?

On the other hand, if a trader withdraws regularly, it might be better as they will avoid the phenomenon of giving back the profits to the market which is probably trader's worst enemy

We will pass along the feedback!

Earn2Trade
www.earn2trade.com
Follow me on Twitter
The following user says Thank You to Earn2Trade for this post:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,143
Thanks Received: 101,476

Hey guys,

Some recent news from Earn2Trade to share (I am quoting their press release below):

Quoting 
We are happy to announce a partnership between Earn2Trade and Journalytix. Earn2Trade Gauntlet™ participants will now have access to Journalytix trade analytics to help them maximize the returns from their trading efforts.

The Gauntlet™ is a 60 day trader examination that leads to a funded account at Earn2Trade’s Proprietary firm partner. Traders must meet a 10% profit target without exceeding a 10% drawdown limitation in a 60 day trial and if successful go on to be given a funded trading account. The Gauntlet™ provides a flexible environment for traders by permitting trading at all times, including overnight trading, with no trailing drawdown restriction.

Journalytix is the next generation automated trade analytics and journaling tool with a built-in real- time news feed. The tools reveal patterns in trading data that help traders understand what’s working for them and what isn’t. Traders not only get up to the minute analytical information about their day in terms of both P&L and Risk, they also get a heads up in terms of both scheduled economic releases and market moving news, tailored to events that are likely to impact their trading.

This partnership is geared towards giving Earn2Trade Gauntlet™ candidates an increased probability of passing and earning a funded account. “By integrating Journalytix directly into the Gauntlet™ dashboard, our candidates will have an unprecedented level of analytics available at their fingertips, at no additional cost.” remarked Ryan Masten, Founder of Earn2Trade LLC.

This partnership will help candidates in terms of having the tools to recognize and maximize profitable trading behaviors, and also to avoid getting caught offside when the market switches from technical to news-driven. Peter Davies at Jigsaw commented “The Gauntlet™ is an amazing way for traders to disconnect themselves from the limitations of their own account balance. With this partnership, existing Journalytix users will benefit from continuity in their trading analytics as they move through the Gauntlet™ and beyond”.

To celebrate this event, Earn2Trade are offering a special 20% discount to Jigsaw/Journalytix customers. Simply click this link to learn more.

The link mentioned is here:
https://www.earn2trade.com/gauntlet?discount=jigsaw&a_pid=jigsaw

I think it sounds like a positive move for everyone. Both Earn2Trade and Jigsaw Trading (Journalytix) are site sponsors of futures io as well, and I'm glad to see them teaming up to encourage users to journal -- and by extension, improve their trading performance. As you guys know, I am a huge believer in journaling!

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread
The following 3 users say Thank You to Big Mike for this post:
 Fxfutures1976 
London

Experience: Advanced
Platform: cqg integrated,ninjatrade
Trading: Futures and forex
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 69

Earn2Trade View Post
Great question! Unfortunately we do not. We use the full exchange margin. This allows us to let clients trade during news and overnight. In addition, there are not any position limits other than what your balance can support with margin.

Seeing as you are also an educational business a few questions that anyone looking to join should be aware of.

Are the ''Teachers/mentors' actively, consistently Trading in profit.

Will they show there live trade records for proof.

I will not be participating in these programs, I just like to give advice for anyone who is thinking of doing so.
These basic questions should not be a problem to answer correctly.

kkfx 
Mumbai, India

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MT4, NT8,TradingView
Broker: AMP
Trading: Index,currencies
Thanks Given: 325
Thanks Received: 160

Hello,
I am currently doing a Gauntlet evaluation and trading NYMEX futures spreads as E2T allows for overnight holding of positions with no daily or weekly risk limits.

I want to point out a flaw in the RTrader pro platform to E2T as I proceed with my evaluation.
The RTrader pro platform calculates overall PnL at the current bid or ask levels. At market close, the market depth on DOM dries up so RTrader pro shows unrealised PnL at the DOM levels after market close. This way if the trader wants to hold the positions overnight, the DOM and platform shows huge unrealised PnL and hits the 10% drawdown level.
I am attaching a screenshot of my RTrader pro showing this issue. I was hodling 8 lots of NG calender spreads and at market close my position was in few ticks profit, however, after market close, the DOM calculated the PnL based on last bid-ask which is below my 10% drawdown levels.
Also the RTrder pro gets locked by itself and a request sent to the the support goes unanswered for a few hours during asian/EU session.
These issues in RTrader pro need attention.

The following user says Thank You to kkfx for this post:

Earn2Trade 

Fxfutures1976 View Post
Seeing as you are also an educational business a few questions that anyone looking to join should be aware of.

Are the ''Teachers/mentors' actively, consistently Trading in profit.

Will they show there live trade records for proof.

I will not be participating in these programs, I just like to give advice for anyone who is thinking of doing so.
These basic questions should not be a problem to answer correctly.

Hi,
Thank you for the question. Our mentors and I have been trading for well over a decade. All of our mentors have passed their Series 3 and Series 34 exams and I myself run a CTA as well as Earn2Trade concurrently, although trading activity in the CTA has reduced as Earn2Trade has grown.

As it pertains to sharing our trading record publicly, the public record of the CTA is available, however we don't believe it is relevant to what we are teaching. We are conservative traders and you can see that reflected in our record. Regardless, I'd understand the desire to see the record if we were trying to sell one specific strategy that we claim to be the 100% foul-proof method that will generate huge profits for everyone. That is not what we do and that is not what we claim.

What we are trying to do here is teach our students about the market, about formulating their own strategies, finding out what their weaknesses and strengths are and working them to their advantage. We try to help our customers work on their trading skills, knowledge, patience and the psychological aspect as well. Our personal history with the market bears little relevance to this, what you should be asking is probably feedback from our customers, people who have gone through the program and have become better traders through their own hard work and our coaching. You can find plenty of reviews here: https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.earn2trade.com

Earn2Trade
www.earn2trade.com
Follow me on Twitter

Earn2Trade 

indiantrader View Post
Hello,
I am currently doing a Gauntlet evaluation and trading NYMEX futures spreads as E2T allows for overnight holding of positions with no daily or weekly risk limits.

I want to point out a flaw in the RTrader pro platform to E2T as I proceed with my evaluation.
The RTrader pro platform calculates overall PnL at the current bid or ask levels. At market close, the market depth on DOM dries up so RTrader pro shows unrealised PnL at the DOM levels after market close. This way if the trader wants to hold the positions overnight, the DOM and platform shows huge unrealised PnL and hits the 10% drawdown level.
I am attaching a screenshot of my RTrader pro showing this issue. I was hodling 8 lots of NG calender spreads and at market close my position was in few ticks profit, however, after market close, the DOM calculated the PnL based on last bid-ask which is below my 10% drawdown levels.
Also the RTrder pro gets locked by itself and a request sent to the the support goes unanswered for a few hours during asian/EU session.
These issues in RTrader pro need attention.

Hello! Rithmic is aware of this. It won't affect your Gauntlet. In some instances the system might attempt to liquidate you but since the market is closed, those orders should not trigger. If somehow they do, we will absolutely correct your account and reinstate it back to where it was with the positions how they were. I personally spoke to Rithmic this morning and they stated they are working on adjusting their PNL to hopefully address this. Currently they have it set like this as during market hours, basing PNL on best bed/ask is going to be more accurate than last trade price since these are more accurate representations of what you might get if you closed the trade.

Earn2Trade
www.earn2trade.com
Follow me on Twitter
The following 4 users say Thank You to Earn2Trade for this post:

kkfx 
Mumbai, India

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MT4, NT8,TradingView
Broker: AMP
Trading: Index,currencies
Thanks Given: 325
Thanks Received: 160

Thanks for prompt reply. My issue with platform is resolved for now.

JalesaWyatt1
California

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 0

Hi Ryan, how many months of consistency do we have to show before Helios will give the trader an increase in capital? Also how do you determine how much capital you give the trader as an increase after they have showed consistency?

Closed Thread

Last Updated on March 4, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts