NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Earn2Trade - Orianna Foucault (Director of Support) - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Earn2Trade with 172 posts (247 thanks)
    2. looks_two emini2000 with 30 posts (20 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 25 posts (64 thanks)
    4. looks_4 BertV with 23 posts (30 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 2.6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 2.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Earn2Trade with 1.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 BertV with 1.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 240,441 views
    2. thumb_up 693 thanks given
    3. group 1,067 followers
    1. forum 631 posts
    2. attach_file 20 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Earn2Trade - Orianna Foucault (Director of Support) - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

NGtrader 
Burnaby, BC Canada

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: Ironbeam, Kinetick
Trading: ES, CL, RTY
Thanks Given: 758
Thanks Received: 201

My issue was different than yours but I figured out a way to connect by choose Rithmic Paper (out of Europe).

Are you sure you chose the right Rithmic server? Did you choose the Rithmic Paper Trading servers (either Chicago or Europe)?

Follow me on Twitter
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Quant vue
Trading Reviews and Vendors

Earn2Trade 

Thanks Given: 9
Thanks Received: 299

Hello Mark, the conversation is with management. They will respond to you when they are in office.

Earn2Trade
www.earn2trade.com
Become a Professional Trader. Decisions That Can Change Your Life Forever.
Follow me on Twitter

Earn2Trade 

Hi Mark - Don't worry. You won't be billed if you cancel as I stated in my DM to you. You'll receive your certificate on Monday! Congratulations!!

Earn2Trade
www.earn2trade.com
Follow me on Twitter
Thanked by:
 dwt51 
Columbus, OH

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 763
Thanks Received: 56

Earn2Trade View Post
Hello!

... You'd still need to place the trades on the provided Rithmic connection, but you can do your market data on your own. The downside to this i that you can't trade off your charts and wouldn't have real-time PNL with your trades (since the CME considers real-time PNL as market data)...

Earn2Trade View Post
NT didn't change their mind. You still need a valid license as mentioned in our FAQ (2014 or better) that allows for external Rithmic orders. Then you have to use the Rithmic Leader/Follower system, so you're actually trading into a paper account and then the orders get copied to the Helios account assigned to you.

These quotes were from Ryan from September, 2019, so they may be obsolete by now. That said, they raise a few questions, if I may:

1. Is is still possible to trade a funded Helios account on NinjaTrader 8 using an independent data source? I have a pre-2014 licensed NT8 multi-broker platform and another datafeed.

2. Does the "can't trade off your charts" quote from above still apply? If so, how can trades be placed on NT8 with a non-Helios datafeed?

3. Would Ninja not track P/L in real time on this account, as it does with all the other accounts I've logged in to? If not, will I receive daily statements from Helios detailing my trades, commissions & fees, and P/L? Are these data available online intraday?

4. How well does the Leader/Follower system work? What is the lag between a trade placed and executed on the NT8 platform and the same trade copied to the Helios account? Are we talking milliseconds or seconds of lag, please?

5. Practically speaking, is the "trade a Helios account on Ninja with a non-Helios datafeed" a sound solution (or is it a kluge that kinda works OK most of the time)?

6. Can you offer a sense of the percentage of funded Helios traders who use the Leader/Follower system with non-Helios data? Commonly used, or rarely tried?

Thank you in advance for your replies. I'm in a Gauntlet Mini now and expect to be funded soon enough. Better to ask these questions now rather than later.

Regards.

dwt51

Follow me on Twitter
emini2000
Atlanta GA USA

Thanks Given: 70
Thanks Received: 271

I am having problems connecting Rithmic to my Sierra Charts so I can trade off Sierra instead of the Rithmic DOM to actually trade during the Gauntlet. And if I pas and am funded I would like to do the same thing.

Here is a post I just made at Sierra help forums in the thread that deals with this issue. I am fully aware of the problems some have, but support told me at E2T that plenty of people use Sierra with Rithmic. I just can't get Rithmic to hook up with Sierra. E2T support sent me the link to the Sierra forum that deals with this issue, but I still haven't been able to get it to work. Here is my post:

Is there anyone out there who has gotten this to work help me out? I would like to use my Sierra charts/chart trader to trade the Gauntlet (and my funded account if I pass) with Earn2Trade instead of using Rithmic's DOM. I love my Sierra charts but I might have to go to NT if I can't figure this out. I even contacted Rithmic and they couldn't help.

I got the original error, so I created the Rim folder as required, installed the files, reinstalled the software so as to install other files, etc. That didn't help. All it did was change the error message I got. I also ran the bridge program outside Sierra and got the error I was supposed to for that ("Port number not specified. Will exit."). So all is fine there.

I have tried to connect with sim mode checked in Sierra, and sim mode unchecked, which if I was using my CQG would connect me with my live/real trading account. Still get the same new error.

So I am posting this as an appeal for help from someone who fixed the issue who still had problems after they did the primary fix of reinstalling Sierra with the appropriate box checked for additional files, and also created the Rim folder and installed those files.

I asked E2T if they could hook me up with someone who got it fixed, but they won't hook my up with any of their users due to privacy.

I really want to use Sierra and the chart trader. Help!

Edit: If I ever get this hooked up, how do I check to make sure that E2T is getting the trades for my live Gauntlet account? If I have 'sim trading' checked in Sierra then it will be sim with E2T too, and if I have it unchecked the trades will be going to E2T for the live Gauntlet? Or is Sierra only live trading and still have to use the DOM for the sim account?

Edit 2: The new error message after doing everything in the Sierra help thread is:

Connection error message from service: Rithmic Trading|Logon error received from server

Thanked by:
emini2000
Atlanta GA USA

emini2000 View Post
I am having problems connecting Rithmic to my Sierra Charts so I can trade off Sierra instead of the Rithmic DOM to actually trade during the Gauntlet. And if I pas and am funded I would like to do the same thing.

Here is a post I just made at Sierra help forums in the thread that deals with this issue. I am fully aware of the problems some have, but support told me at E2T that plenty of people use Sierra with Rithmic. I just can't get Rithmic to hook up with Sierra. E2T support sent me the link to the Sierra forum that deals with this issue, but I still haven't been able to get it to work. Here is my post:

Is there anyone out there who has gotten this to work help me out? I would like to use my Sierra charts/chart trader to trade the Gauntlet (and my funded account if I pass) with Earn2Trade instead of using Rithmic's DOM. I love my Sierra charts but I might have to go to NT if I can't figure this out. I even contacted Rithmic and they couldn't help.

I got the original error, so I created the Rim folder as required, installed the files, reinstalled the software so as to install other files, etc. That didn't help. All it did was change the error message I got. I also ran the bridge program outside Sierra and got the error I was supposed to for that ("Port number not specified. Will exit."). So all is fine there.

I have tried to connect with sim mode checked in Sierra, and sim mode unchecked, which if I was using my CQG would connect me with my live/real trading account. Still get the same new error.

So I am posting this as an appeal for help from someone who fixed the issue who still had problems after they did the primary fix of reinstalling Sierra with the appropriate box checked for additional files, and also created the Rim folder and installed those files.

I asked E2T if they could hook me up with someone who got it fixed, but they won't hook my up with any of their users due to privacy.

Edit: If I ever get this hooked up, how do I check to make sure that E2T is getting the trades for my live Gauntlet account? If I have 'sim trading' checked in Sierra then it will be sim with E2T too, and if I have it unchecked the trades will be going to E2T for the live Gauntlet? Or is Sierra only live trading and still have to use the DOM for the sim account?

Edit 2: The new error message after doing everything in the Sierra help thread is:

Connection error message from service: Rithmic Trading|Logon error received from server

A Sierra engineer did answer my post on their help forum. He thought it may be AMP locking out my Rithmic feed, so they reactivated my original Sierra login for my demo with them before I got AMP to see if I could login that way. Unfortunately I got the same error message that I do when I'm logged into Sierra with my AMP login. That was Friday so haven't heard anything else from them and don't know if I will.

EDIT: Well I did have one final reply from Sierra:

okay and this is just further confirmation why it is we are not continuing with support for Rithmic. We are not going to waste our lives on this garbage.

@Earn2Trade Maybe you could put me in contact with one of your users that has made this work? Maybe you could ask a few if they would contact me or I could contact them?

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: ChartNexus
Trading: Stocks, Commodities, Futures
Thanks Given: 3,658
Thanks Received: 3,097

I am using the same setup, successfully, on @Earn2Trade.

Steps I followed:

1. Installed Sierra with 'Optional Components' checked. Thus you get the RIM folder.

2. Go to https://www.sierrachart.com/SupportBoard.php?ThreadID=52647

3. Download RithmicBridgeFilesForSierraChart.zip and extract to the RIM folder e.g. C:\SierraChart\Rim

4. Login to SierraChart, go to Global Settings -> Data/Trade settings and enter your Rithmic username / credentials. These are the ones sent to you by Earn2Trade. Select 'Rithmic Paper Trading' from the options.

5. Click on File -> Connect to data feed

6. Make sure the gauntlet account shows up in Trade -> Account Balances window

7. Use correct symbol e.g. for ES use ESU0-CME intraday chart.

DONT's:

1. Do not use Simulation Mode (Trade -> Trade simulation mode off)
2. Do not start the executable in Rim folder as a standalone, SierraChart will start it automatically

Don't panic. PM or reply here I'll be glad to help.

emini2000 View Post

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:
emini2000
Atlanta GA USA

Thanks @iggod.

Those are all the steps I've followed several times. I just keep getting the "Rithmic Trading|Logon error received from server" error. Before I did everything you listed which I had already done, I would get an error message. All the 'fix' did was change my error message to what I posted above. That is what I'm currently getting.

As I said before, Sierra had me login with my original Sierra demo account login because they thought it might be AMP. Did that and got the same error message.

Here is Sierra's latest message in that thread: "This thread is now locked. We are no longer making available the Rithmic bridge files. We are not providing any further help with Rithmic."

@iggod any more ideas?

iqgod View Post
I am using the same setup, successfully, on @Earn2Trade.

Steps I followed:

1. Installed Sierra with 'Optional Components' checked. Thus you get the RIM folder.

2. Go to https://www.sierrachart.com/SupportBoard.php?ThreadID=52647

3. Download RithmicBridgeFilesForSierraChart.zip and extract to the RIM folder e.g. C:\SierraChart\Rim

4. Login to SierraChart, go to Global Settings -> Data/Trade settings and enter your Rithmic username / credentials. These are the ones sent to you by Earn2Trade. Select 'Rithmic Paper Trading' from the options.

5. Click on File -> Connect to data feed

6. Make sure the gauntlet account shows up in Trade -> Account Balances window

7. Use correct symbol e.g. for ES use ESU0-CME intraday chart.

DONT's:

1. Do not use Simulation Mode (Trade -> Trade simulation mode off)
2. Do not start the executable in Rim folder as a standalone, SierraChart will start it automatically

Don't panic. PM or reply here I'll be glad to help.

Earn2Trade 

emini2000 View Post
Thanks @iggod.

Those are all the steps I've followed several times. I just keep getting the "Rithmic Trading|Logon error received from server" error. Before I did everything you listed which I had already done, I would get an error message. All the 'fix' did was change my error message to what I posted above. That is what I'm currently getting.

As I said before, Sierra had me login with my original Sierra demo account login because they thought it might be AMP. Did that and got the same error message.

Here is Sierra's latest message in that thread: "This thread is now locked. We are no longer making available the Rithmic bridge files. We are not providing any further help with Rithmic."

@iggod any more ideas?

Are you able to login with RTrader successfully using the same credentials?

Earn2Trade
www.earn2trade.com
Follow me on Twitter
emini2000
Atlanta GA USA

Earn2Trade View Post
Are you able to login with RTrader successfully using the same credentials?

I am logging into R|Trader Pro which brings the DOMs up and that works fine. I can trade off the DOMs. Is that what you are talking about? Or the charting software? If you are talking about the charting software, where do I get that?

Closed Thread

Last Updated on March 4, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts