NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Earn2Trade - Orianna Foucault (Director of Support) - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Earn2Trade with 172 posts (247 thanks)
    2. looks_two emini2000 with 30 posts (20 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 25 posts (64 thanks)
    4. looks_4 BertV with 23 posts (30 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 2.6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 2.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Earn2Trade with 1.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 BertV with 1.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 234,706 views
    2. thumb_up 693 thanks given
    3. group 1,068 followers
    1. forum 631 posts
    2. attach_file 20 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Earn2Trade - Orianna Foucault (Director of Support) - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

Earn2Trade 

Thanks Given: 9
Thanks Received: 299

cshrum View Post
Have you known anyone to get the full 25k 80/20 offer?

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

At this point, none. They have extended a 15k 80/20 offer with a large drawdown, but not a 25k one. Unfortunately the vast majority of people who have passed have had pretty bad risk:reward, actually most of them have a reverse ratio (more risk than reward). That's just not something that will earn the max offer right off the bat, they may gain it over time though.

This is not to say it's not possible, you just need to post up a good risk:reward and show that you really deserve the best initial offer.

Earn2Trade
www.earn2trade.com
Become a Professional Trader. Decisions That Can Change Your Life Forever.
Follow me on Twitter
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,172
Thanks Received: 101,536

Hi guys,

Our November Journal Challenge is about to begin, and is sponsored by Earn2Trade. One of the prizes is a free 60-day Gauntlet, which can be used towards earning a fully-funded trading account.

You can check out the main event thread here:

My goal with these events is to encourage journaling. It is my absolute belief that the more you journal, the more you improve your trading. I hope to see you participate!

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread

Scalpingtrader 
Hanover, Germany
Legendary Amateur Trader

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 3,144
Thanks Received: 5,147

@Earn2Trade A question for you guys — I think about going for the Gauntlet right now. Assuming I submit a dedicated journal about it here for the contest would you be willing to refund the gauntlet fee in the unlikely event that I “win” the journal contest? Probably won’t skew my decision either way but nice to know in advance.

Cheers, ST.

Earn2Trade 

Scalpingtrader View Post
@Earn2Trade A question for you guys — I think about going for the Gauntlet right now. Assuming I submit a dedicated journal about it here for the contest would you be willing to refund the gauntlet fee in the unlikely event that I “win” the journal contest? Probably won’t skew my decision either way but nice to know in advance.

Cheers, ST.

Yes we absolutely can!

Earn2Trade
www.earn2trade.com
Follow me on Twitter
Thanked by:

Scalpingtrader 
Hanover, Germany
Legendary Amateur Trader

Earn2Trade View Post
Yes we absolutely can!

That's awesome! Another couple questions that I haven't seen an answer to:

1) Margin at Ninjatrader. I understand that the issue with OCO through Rithmic is that both orders are at the exchange, thus 2x overnight margin requirement per contract traded. Can you check/confirm that, if I use the "Market-if-touched" functionality with @NinjaTrader (holding the limit order locally until a market order is triggered to close the position) this margin multiplication does not take place? i.e. 1 contract long + sell stop market + sell limit (MIT) = 1x overnight margin.

2) looking at the live account - are the professional fees due once for the entire CME group or for each exchange individually? With non-professional there is individual & bundle options so I am unsure which applies here..

3) also live account ... is a review of the account & potential increase in leverage + drawdown limits contingent on retaining profits in the live account? This is one of the core reasons why TST & 1Up imho fail to be an attractive option for live trading, as you cannot get paid and grow your account at the same time. So from an opportunity standpoing no benefits compared to trading your own account (assuming you have 2-3k to spare).

I am sure there will be more questions over time, but for now that'll be it

Thanks a ton,
ST.

Thanked by:

Earn2Trade 

Scalpingtrader View Post
That's awesome! Another couple questions that I haven't seen an answer to:

1) Margin at Ninjatrader. I understand that the issue with OCO through Rithmic is that both orders are at the exchange, thus 2x overnight margin requirement per contract traded. Can you check/confirm that, if I use the "Market-if-touched" functionality with @NinjaTrader (holding the limit order locally until a market order is triggered to close the position) this margin multiplication does not take place? i.e. 1 contract long + sell stop market + sell limit (MIT) = 1x overnight margin.

2) looking at the live account - are the professional fees due once for the entire CME group or for each exchange individually? With non-professional there is individual & bundle options so I am unsure which applies here..

3) also live account ... is a review of the account & potential increase in leverage + drawdown limits contingent on retaining profits in the live account? This is one of the core reasons why TST & 1Up imho fail to be an attractive option for live trading, as you cannot get paid and grow your account at the same time. So from an opportunity standpoint no benefits compared to trading your own account (assuming you have 2-3k to spare).

I am sure there will be more questions over time, but for now that'll be it

Thanks a ton,
ST.

1) You'd need to check with NT on this but from what I understand of how they work, an MIT order is held locally so I wouldn't think it would need extra margin. That said, please check with NT since it's their platform before you sign up! I don't want you to have the wrong info.

2) Each individually, there is no bundle on pro fees unfortunately. That said, don't forget that the fees come out of your account, not your pocket directly.

3) That would need to be a question you can ask helios directly if you need to ([email protected]) but generally speaking, Helios is happy to further fund traders that can show consistency while at the same time being able to withdraw profits.

Earn2Trade
www.earn2trade.com
Follow me on Twitter
Thanked by:

Scalpingtrader 
Hanover, Germany
Legendary Amateur Trader

Earn2Trade View Post
1) You'd need to check with NT on this but from what I understand of how they work, an MIT order is held locally so I wouldn't think it would need extra margin. That said, please check with NT since it's their platform before you sign up! I don't want you to have the wrong info.

@NinjaTrader - could guys confirm this for us? Thanks!

NinjaTrader  NinjaTrader is an official Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Web: NinjaTrader
AMA: Ask Me Anything
Webinars: NinjaTrader Webinars
Elite offer: Click here

Thanks Given: 203
Thanks Received: 2,686

Scalpingtrader View Post
1) Margin at Ninjatrader. I understand that the issue with OCO through Rithmic is that both orders are at the exchange, thus 2x overnight margin requirement per contract traded.

The above statement is incorrect. You will only need 1X margin NOT 2X. Additionally, overnight margin is NOT used for working orders, only open positions. So in the case of NinjaTrader Brokerage, it would be $500 margin on ES.

Scalpingtrader View Post
Can you check/confirm that, if I use the "Market-if-touched" functionality with @NinjaTrader (holding the limit order locally until a market order is triggered to close the position) this margin multiplication does not take place? i.e. 1 contract long + sell stop market + sell limit (MIT) = 1x overnight margin.

As above, you only need 1X margin. So in the case of a working STOP MARKET and LIMIT, only 1X is required. Same is true if you use a STOP MARKET and MIT, 1X is still only required.

Disclosure: This communication is sent to you by NinjaTrader, LLC, a software development company which owns and supports all proprietary technology relating to and including the NinjaTrader trading platform.
Follow me on Twitter
Thanked by:

Scalpingtrader 
Hanover, Germany
Legendary Amateur Trader

NinjaTrader View Post
The above statement is incorrect. You will only need 1X margin NOT 2X. Additionally, overnight margin is NOT used for working orders, only open positions. So in the case of NinjaTrader Brokerage, it would be $500 margin on ES.

As above, you only need 1X margin. So in the case of a working STOP MARKET and LIMIT, only 1X is required. Same is true if you use a STOP MARKET and MIT, 1X is still only required.

Thanks @NinjaTrader. Then maybe @Earn2Trade should do some investigating on where exactly their issue is with NT platform and margins, as they seem to be unable to reproduce this as described (see their website as linked below) and seem to believe that this is a software limitation (in combination with Rithmic).

https://help.earn2trade.com/platform/how-does-margin-work-with-ninjatrader

Would be awesome if you guys could clarify/resolve this topic!

Cheers, ST.

Earn2Trade 

NinjaTrader View Post

The above statement is not incorrect. NinjaTrader does NOT utilize server side OCO/brackets with Rithmic. Thus, if you use an ATM strategy, as soon as the trade is entered the stop/target is entered as working orders within Rithmic and uses extra margin. Please see: https://help.earn2trade.com/platform/how-does-margin-work-with-ninjatrader. This has already been discussed, in depth, with NT support staff, NT brokerage staff, and Rithmic.

Earn2Trade
www.earn2trade.com
Follow me on Twitter

Closed Thread

Last Updated on March 4, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts