NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Earn2Trade - Orianna Foucault (Director of Support) - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Earn2Trade with 172 posts (247 thanks)
    2. looks_two emini2000 with 30 posts (20 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 25 posts (64 thanks)
    4. looks_4 BertV with 23 posts (30 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 2.6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Earn2Trade with 1.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 BertV with 1.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 emini2000 with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 239,152 views
    2. thumb_up 693 thanks given
    3. group 1,068 followers
    1. forum 631 posts
    2. attach_file 20 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Earn2Trade - Orianna Foucault (Director of Support) - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

BertV
New Haven, CT

Thanks Given: 73
Thanks Received: 85

SethP View Post
Can someone please explain to me how the firms actually benefit from providing "live sim" and offering the profits to the trader in real money?

Is this simply a matter of saving money on not having to fund the traders that blow up their sim accounts and passing the savings on to the profiting traders?

This is a really interestig question and I suspect that the reason is like you say, many new traders blow up their account so for the first $5kit actually makes sense to pay out the $5k from the firms capital.

My question then becomes given that the the live sim message has been up at least since at lesst November 1, how much is the firm willing to pay out until it can get its new partner straigntehed out. I suspect for many traders $5k in a few months time would be very optimisitic, but then there is the smaller percentage who can bank that much in a week or a few days on larger funded accounts.

It begins to make me question credibility to think that a firm would continuously pay out real funds based on paper profits from a sim account for months at a time. Are there that few succeslful traders that make this a viable option? Should I hang it up given that the business model allows a gaurantee of real money for paper profits, meaning so few people are successful it is not an issue for the firm? Its a discouraging message and I am beginning to become concerned I may have wasted my money.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
27 thanks
Diary of a simple price action trader
26 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
23 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
9 thanks

brach 
Austin, TX

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT, SC, MT
Trading: NQ, ES, Micros
Thanks Given: 187
Thanks Received: 269

@BertV I'm no expert on this business model but it seems that if they can hedge the net position of sim traders while collecting evaluation subscription fees then it could still be profitable.

Thanked by:

Earn2Trade 

Thanks Given: 9
Thanks Received: 299

Hi Canoekoh!

I understand that this seems to be a pain point, but you do seem like you are misquoting me.

I have on multiple occasion explained that the CME charges $105 per exchange, per month and per session on sim accounts as well for traders who qualify as professional, which at a prop firm, they do. I'm not sure how many ways more I can explain that.

I do not know or am able to comment on what other traders at other firms do. I'm sorry that you seem to think this is corporate-speak, but that's the case. Neither am I insinuating anything, I reject that.

The majority of Gauntlet customers self-certify as non-professional. In fact, people who certify as professionals, we do charge them extra, the exact same amount ($105/month/session/exchange).

You should also know that even if you qualify as a non-professional, but you require 3 sessions, you are immediately re-certified as pro and the CME will charge the $105 price.

I hope that made the situation clearer.

Earn2Trade
www.earn2trade.com
Become a Professional Trader. Decisions That Can Change Your Life Forever.
Follow me on Twitter
kcf046
Des Moines, Iowa

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 5

I won't even ask the question but let me guess the answer is "2 more weeks"? You have stated that it takes time to get set up blah blah blah. Is this a brand new company Ryan is starting so you have to figure it all out. It seems if you were simply partnering with a new previously established firm they would have all of the details in place from day one as they would already have many accounts, many more than the relatively few i suspect ET2 will be sending their way.

btw you still haven't answered my questions I've asked 4 times, i won't waste my time reposting them if you really care to you can look back and reread the posts paying attention to detail

Thanked by:
BertV
New Haven, CT

Not sure how much interest there is in this, but E2T is having very good sale now on the mini gauntlet, 50% off per month until you pass or cancel. It's a pretty good deal if you are considering a combine and are looking for a sale. I took advantage of a similar deal last month and I am glad I did.

Thanked by:
FreddyZ
Stanton, California

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Hello,

How much is this program and what guarantees do you provide? Thanks.

kirkvan 
Edmonds, WA

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage/Dorman
Trading: CME Futures
Thanks Given: 86
Thanks Received: 23

FreddyZ View Post
Hello,

How much is this program and what guarantees do you provide? Thanks.

Lots of information here: https://www.earn2trade.com/

BertV
New Haven, CT

How does the trailing max drawdown work on a funded account? For example say you have a $75,000 funded account and the starting trailing drawdown is $2750.

You have a successful first week and make $3000 which would erase your trailing max drawdown. You would like to enjoy the gains and withdraw your cut of $2400 as e2t takes their $600.

So you are back to $75,000 with no trailing max drawdown. Do I have this right so far?

Then say your next trade you take any loss your account would be closed because you dip below $75,000?

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

SawDr 
Washington, DC

Platform: Ninja and TOS
Broker: Ninja
Trading: CL, ES
Thanks Given: 114
Thanks Received: 62

brach View Post
There is currently a 50% off offer for the Gauntlet Mini (50K). How long will this offer be available? Thank You.

The website says the discount is for ALL accounts - not just the $50k account?

kirkvan 
Edmonds, WA

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage/Dorman
Trading: CME Futures
Thanks Given: 86
Thanks Received: 23

BertV View Post
How does the trailing max drawdown work on a funded account? For example say you have a $75,000 funded account and the starting trailing drawdown is $2750.

You have a successful first week and make $3000 which would erase your trailing max drawdown. You would like to enjoy the gains and withdraw your cut of $2400 as e2t takes their $600.

So you are back to $75,000 with no trailing max drawdown. Do I have this right so far?

Then say your next trade you take any loss your account would be closed because you dip below $75,000?

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

BertV, this may help:

https://help.earn2trade.com/en/articles/3292356-what-is-a-trailing-drawdown

Closed Thread

Last Updated on March 4, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts