NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Earn2Trade - Orianna Foucault (Director of Support) - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Earn2Trade with 172 posts (247 thanks)
    2. looks_two emini2000 with 30 posts (20 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 25 posts (64 thanks)
    4. looks_4 BertV with 23 posts (30 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 2.6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Earn2Trade with 1.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 BertV with 1.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 emini2000 with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 234,950 views
    2. thumb_up 693 thanks given
    3. group 1,068 followers
    1. forum 631 posts
    2. attach_file 20 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Earn2Trade - Orianna Foucault (Director of Support) - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

Howard Roark
Oslo Norway

Thanks Given: 389
Thanks Received: 529

travelbrit View Post
Yes I agree they should be looking at months of trading history, but then again I guess people would not sign up.

To be clear: My point is it's understandable if someone gets a limited amount of funds initially after 15 days. And you're right that less people would probably sign up if the programs had a longer duration.

The question is what's possible further down the line as a successful trader with these firms. Will he get actual backing or is he forever risking his own (accumulated) profits? If it's the latter it doesn't really make any sense to continue being with such a firm after generating your first 10 or 20K. Withdraw, fund your own account and get 100 % of the profits.

I know for a fact that for example with MES / OneUp, you'll never receive any backing beyond the profits you make. And when you withdraw, you're done.

Is it different with E2T? I do not know...

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
22 thanks
The Program
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
nikto
Düsseldorf , Germany

Thanks Given: 92
Thanks Received: 60

Howard Roark View Post
To be clear: My point is it's understandable if someone gets a limited amount of funds initially after 15 days. And you're right that less people would probably sign up if the programs had a longer duration.

The question is what's possible further down the line as a successful trader with these firms. Will he get actual backing or is he forever risking his own (accumulated) profits? If it's the latter it doesn't really make any sense to continue being with such a firm after generating your first 10 or 20K. Withdraw, fund your own account and get 100 % of the profits.

I know for a fact that for example with MES / OneUp, you'll never receive any backing beyond the profits you make. And when you withdraw, you're done.

If you want a Prop Firm that provides you with capital and you don´t have to trade your own profits there is only one Prop Firm Apteros Trading.

travelbrit 
Nantwich Cheshire, UK

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT8, TView,MT4
Trading: Daytrade Futures, Swing Stocks, crypto and forex
Thanks Given: 36
Thanks Received: 10

nikto View Post
If you want a Prop Firm that provides you with capital and you don´t have to trade your own profits there is only one Prop Firm Apteros Trading.

FTMO also give you the real capital (albeit on sim connected to live).

I guess E2T did not reply because they are like the others.

Follow me on Twitter
 travelbrit 
Nantwich Cheshire, UK

Howard Roark View Post

I guess not with E2T.

I suppose these firms only serve for you to be confident in your strategy without risking a lot of capital and then remove your earnings and fund a normal brokerage account.

Also, we seems to be only talking about the US companies with futures. The other players like FTMO, Kickstart and Buoytrade all offer scaling of your capital

Follow me on Twitter

Earn2Trade 

Thanks Given: 9
Thanks Received: 299

Howard Roark View Post

First of all, the prop firm would suggest that you withdraw way before you have $25,000 in profits in your account. but it is really up to you as the trader. Yes, you do need to continue keeping a healthy margin and room in your account so you can trade without the fear of hitting your minimum account balance that needs to be maintained.

The part we are not quite getting is what you mean by "withdraw and continue"? People withdraw from their live accounts weekly and of course, continue trading. Is that the question?

I'd also add that profitable traders, as mentioned earlier, do get upgrades to larger account sizes.

Earn2Trade
www.earn2trade.com
Become a Professional Trader. Decisions That Can Change Your Life Forever.
Follow me on Twitter
Thanked by:
Howard Roark
Oslo Norway

nikto View Post

I've heard some bad things about this firm, though. Does not strike me like a good deal.

travelbrit View Post
I guess not with E2T.

I suppose these firms only serve for you to be confident in your strategy without risking a lot of capital and then remove your earnings and fund a normal brokerage account.

Also, we seems to be only talking about the US companies with futures. The other players like FTMO, Kickstart and Buoytrade all offer scaling of your capital

These other players are FX or futures?

Please reply to this thread guys such that we can reserve this one for Earn2Trade. Thank you.

Howard Roark
Oslo Norway

Earn2Trade View Post
First of all, the prop firm would suggest that you withdraw way before you have $25,000 in profits in your account. but it is really up to you as the trader. Yes, you do need to continue keeping a healthy margin and room in your account so you can trade without the fear of hitting your minimum account balance that needs to be maintained.

The part we are not quite getting is what you mean by "withdraw and continue"? People withdraw from their live accounts weekly and of course, continue trading. Is that the question?

I'd also add that profitable traders, as mentioned earlier, do get upgrades to larger account sizes.

Specifically, what I mean is that if I grow my account to 25K and withdraw 20K or even 25K. Am I back to step one having to trade 1 contract or will I have backing? Will there be funds in the account? It's said to be a 150K account, but I imagine I'm not actually having 150K in the account.

The point I'm trying to make (or understand if is true) is if it makes sense for the trader to continue trading after a certain amount of profits are made or if it's better to withdraw all the money and fund his own account instead. Because if no funding is actually provided other than the cushion the trader makes himself he's essentially always risking his own money.

Quoting 

Could you elaborate on this?

Personally, I'm on the 150K account, so that's the maximum offered. Are there other options? I think I was also told in chat with customer service that I can never trade more than 15 contracts.

Thank you.

travelbrit 
Nantwich Cheshire, UK

Howard Roark View Post
I've heard some bad things about this firm, though. Does not strike me like a good deal.

These other players are FX or futures?

Please reply to this thread guys such that we can reserve this one for Earn2Trade. Thank you.

They are CFD's based on the futures prices, I trade both futures (with US brokers like Tradovate) and CFD futures with EU brokers. It is really the same but without the crazy costs that are charged from the US.

Follow me on Twitter
Thanked by:
 travelbrit 
Nantwich Cheshire, UK

Earn2Trade View Post

It feels like you avoided or missed the question, is it true that in effect after the traders balance meets the initial balance that was purchased initially, the trader is then trading with their profits rather than capital that you provide?

This seems to be the case, as this excerpt from your help section suggests:

"This continues until your trailing drawdown reaches the starting balance of your account, or in this case $25,000.00, at which point the drawdown will no longer trail above $25,000.00."

Follow me on Twitter
Flash Gordon
Burlington, North, Carolina/USA

Thanks Given: 16
Thanks Received: 15

Howard Roark View Post
Specifically, what I mean is that if I grow my account to 25K and withdraw 20K or even 25K. Am I back to step one having to trade 1 contract or will I have backing? Will there be funds in the account? It's said to be a 150K account, but I imagine I'm not actually having 150K in the account.

The point I'm trying to make (or understand if is true) is if it makes sense for the trader to continue trading after a certain amount of profits are made or if it's better to withdraw all the money and fund his own account instead. Because if no funding is actually provided other than the cushion the trader makes himself he's essentially always risking his own money.

Could you elaborate on this?

Personally, I'm on the 150K account, so that's the maximum offered. Are there other options? I think I was also told in chat with customer service that I can never trade more than 15 contracts.

Thank you.

Yes, you must keep enough cushion in the account to trade the full clip. Yes, you are trading with your own profits. Yes, If you draw your 150k account down to say $152k, you are only 2k away from loosing your account. If you stay with E2T or go on to trading in your own private account is a personal choice each trader has to make. As of this date E2T allows multiple accounts (see website). They are only one of two company’s that I know that after passing will put you trading “real live and funded” to the actual exchanges (not sim).

They used to advertise account review/trade larger, but Now you are allowed to trade multiple accounts at the same time. Not advertised, because so few traders can really trade long term ... lol, is if you sustain profitability long term, they will consider on a case by case bumping up your max clip. Unlike others, your gain is their gain.

If your new, you may not recognize it, but the scaling table is one of your best friends. You can make a good living never trading more than 4-6 contracts. I suggest the larger accounts NOT for the contracts allowed, but rather for the spread allowed before failing. You can easily pass the E2T 150K g-mini with just 4 contracts.

In a funded account you won’t and would not be allowed to do the stupid things you would most likely do in a private account, like the other day I watched a kid who’s been streaming live for four years and supports his family by trading, “freeze-up” and loose over $25K, when he usually makes or loses on a daily basis $500 to $1000. It was painful to watch !!!

Had he been trading in his funded account (which he also has) yes, he might have lost his account after loosing about $3300, but he would still have had the profit in his account sent to him, (Including The $$22,000 He Would Have Saved) as the prop firm would have shut him down

If your a proven profit maker go for it. But if your not, if you can’t pass the Guantlet-Mini, then you’ll also never make it trading on you own.

-best trading to all
Thanks,
FG

Closed Thread

Last Updated on March 4, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts