NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Day Trading from an Ogre's Point of View

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one TradingOgre with 393 posts (1,177 thanks)
    2. looks_two MiniP with 26 posts (33 thanks)
    3. looks_3 bobarian with 18 posts (25 thanks)
    4. looks_4 trendisyourfriend with 15 posts (16 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 3.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two TradingOgre with 3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Rrrracer with 2.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 MiniP with 1.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 80,488 views
    2. thumb_up 1,547 thanks given
    3. group 58 followers
    1. forum 627 posts
    2. attach_file 263 attachments

Search this Thread

Day Trading from an Ogre's Point of View

Maelstrom 
Austin, Texas

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: NinjaTrader
Trading: RTY, ES, YM
Thanks Given: 694
Thanks Received: 406

TradingOgre View Post
Nah... worse.... backed up sewer combined with a flapper valve in the toilet that didn't quite seal off. It's lovely. LOL!

Oh S***....literally!

Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless and add what is specifically your own. – Bruce Lee
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NexusFi Journal Challenge - May 2024
Feedback and Announcements
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
48 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
34 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks

jerrt 
Milton NH/USA and Snowbird ==> Inglis FL

Platform: NinjaTrader, TOS,TSTrader
Broker: TOS,Infinity,NT
Trading: ES,YM,NQ
Thanks Given: 1,026
Thanks Received: 627

Sorry to hear that.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

TradingOgre 
Evans GA/USA
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage - Philip Capital
Trading: NQ,ES,6E,CL
Thanks Given: 908
Thanks Received: 1,672

Didn't trade Friday... too much noise in the house with all of the drying fans and dehumidifiers. I actually thought about heading to the mountains this week just to get away but insurance adjusters and hopefully the crew will be in to start putting it all back together..

We got real lucky that the builder left about a 1 inch gap at the bottom of the sheetrock. Water level never touched it so it's just a matter of replacing baseboards, carpet, linoleum and one vanity.

Anyway, no trades today as well. Very low volume due to holiday. Been spending my time backtesting some theories that I have about entries. I think one of the most difficult things to do as a trader is to be completely objective when it comes to finding new things to add to your trading. So easy to see all the winning trades when you can see the results. Not as easy when the results haven't happened yet.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

TradingOgre 
Evans GA/USA
Legendary Market Wizard

Been a wild week or so for me. Not to get into too many details but lots of personal life changes underway.

So.....just did a little sim trading last week. Will get back to live this week.

Thanked by:

TradingOgre 
Evans GA/USA
Legendary Market Wizard

Took one trade today for a whopping 8 ticks of profit. I closed the trade because my entry sucked. I chased the price movement instead of letting it come to me. When I realized what I had done I closed the trade. I watched the markets for a while after that and just decided to take it easy. I am ok with it. profit is profit even if it is only 4 bucks. LOL! Spent it all and then some getting pizza delivered. Well worth it.

On to tomorrow. Hope everyone caught some of the madness today and it went your direction.

Thanked by:

TradingOgre 
Evans GA/USA
Legendary Market Wizard

Dang I suck at journaling.

Ok, here is what is going on right now.

1. I have started taking the Earn-To-Trade gauntlet and I am currently on day 14 with 14 winning days. Not saying I didn't have losing trades but by the end of each day I have been net positive. Unless I get a strong runner today and/or tomorrow, it will likely take me beyond the 15 day minimum. I am ok with that. What's been most important for me was to build consistency, to not revenge trade and to take as many of my set ups as possible. In my opinion, the way they have the gauntlet set up is the most fair of the three companies I have tried over the last year or so. You are required to take the gauntlet with the same rules as a funded trader. They also give you a free 60 day trial of Journalytics which is nice.

2. I have temporarily stopped trading my personal account. Didn't really do any damage to it just couldn't push myself to trade it consistently when set ups showed up. In fact, I was net positive on the account. Fear of loss I would imagine was the driving factor in the inconsistency. By trying to become a prop trader my risk is set which seems to help take some of the fear out of the equation. I still find myself second guessing at times and I really have a hard time taking additional trades if I am up for the day. I had a few times in my personal account when I first got into trading futures that I would be up around 2k and by the end of the day lose it all and sometimes even some extra.

3. I am taking a One up evaluation right now as well. It's really no more difficult to do 2 or possibly 3 at the same time since I enter with pending orders anyway. I am on day 6 with one up and currently profitable all 6. I am a little concerned about One up right now. For some reason nobody's analytics are working and they don't seem to be in any hurry to fix it. This gives me the feeling that something is going on behind the scenes that is a bit shady. If I don't finish it by the end of the 30 day subscription I will end it there and not renew. I can think of no reason the analytics would just stop working for weeks now (according to other participants) without any indication that they will be back up any time soon.

4. I want to do a Top Step combine as well. The thing I don't like about them is how the combine is set up. They are basically requiring you to complete 2 combines where you need to make 6% growth. One for 5 days minimum and one for 10 days minimum. Why not just do a 15 day single where you are expected to follow the rules like a funded trader. I think I want to do there's just to give me a chance to earn my money back that I spent a year or so ago. LOL! I will decide on it over the weekend.

5. The house is still a wreck. The insurance was a bit slow but work should begin by next week and only take a few days to complete. Almost 15k in repairs between the drying out and the rebuilding. Glad I had insurance.

Thanked by:

TradingOgre 
Evans GA/USA
Legendary Market Wizard

So, what have I been up to lately? Got funded by One Up. Only took me a week to blow it. Complete absolute stupid trading will do that. There is some shady stuff going on at One up. Not sure if they are about to go under or are just going through some tough times. Support went from being pretty good to almost non-existent. Analytics haven't worked all year and they keep giving a canned response when you ask about them. That's why I didn't go back and just try to re-qualify at One Up. Working on a Top Step combine right now. Just finishing up day 4 of step 1. Top step is one of the toughest to pass in my opinion. I have also opened my personal account back up and started with just $550. At this point I have built it to 787.12. This was done over about a 2 week period trading micro's. Which is nice.

My house is all back in order and all of the repairs have been done from the water damage. Looks nice and all the contractors did a great job.

Going to try and push hard to finish step one on Top Step. Would like to finish by close of day tomorrow. I will start posting my trades as they happen. I need something to do that takes my focus away from micro managing the trades. Posting here I think will help with that.

I hope everyone is doing well in these strange times we live in now.

pfsthib 
Sulphur, LA USA

Platform: Ninjatrader
Trading: ES, NQ
Thanks Given: 37
Thanks Received: 82

TradingOgre View Post
So, what have I been up to lately? Got funded by One Up. Only took me a week to blow it. Complete absolute stupid trading will do that. There is some shady stuff going on at One up. Not sure if they are about to go under or are just going through some tough times. Support went from being pretty good to almost non-existent. Analytics haven't worked all year and they keep giving a canned response when you ask about them. That's why I didn't go back and just try to re-qualify at One Up. Working on a Top Step combine right now. Just finishing up day 4 of step 1. Top step is one of the toughest to pass in my opinion. I have also opened my personal account back up and started with just $550. At this point I have built it to 787.12. This was done over about a 2 week period trading micro's. Which is nice.

My house is all back in order and all of the repairs have been done from the water damage. Looks nice and all the contractors did a great job.

Going to try and push hard to finish step one on Top Step. Would like to finish by close of day tomorrow. I will start posting my trades as they happen. I need something to do that takes my focus away from micro managing the trades. Posting here I think will help with that.

I hope everyone is doing well in these strange times we live in now.

Have you looked at getting funded with LeeLoo?

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Last Updated on May 12, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts