NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Earn2Trade (Helios) - "The Gauntlet"

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Earn2Trade with 22 posts (45 thanks)
    2. looks_two dyst with 14 posts (14 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 12 posts (29 thanks)
    4. looks_4 BertV with 7 posts (5 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one traderjoefx with 7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Northernlimit with 3.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 2.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Earn2Trade with 2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 82,079 views
    2. thumb_up 281 thanks given
    3. group 58 followers
    1. forum 172 posts
    2. attach_file 11 attachments

Search this Thread

Earn2Trade (Helios) - "The Gauntlet"

Earn2Trade 

Thanks Given: 9
Thanks Received: 299

bobwest View Post
I think you pretty much have to go through Earn2Trade. I do think it is likely that there is an issue with Rithmic. Unless, of course, it is user error by you, which seems to be an answer you have been offered. I can't say that I blame them for that answer, because user error lets everyone off the hook, and of course it is very often right.

I don't see how "user error -- you clicked on Reverse" explains the simultaneous long and short positions, though, which have to be a matter of how your entries were processed. Since the Rithmic simulator is what is doing the processing, well, I think that is probably where the explanation is. But I don't see that you really have the connection to Rithmic to pursue it with them directly.

It appears that @Earn2Trade believes that you definitely used the Reverse button, and that this caused everything else. I do not know if they have explained how you hitting Reverse caused you to have both a long and a short position in the same instrument, at the same time, in the same account. Also, @mykee has chimed in above with a similar situation, that also had an unexplained position.

However, I don't want to try to interpret the data or add to the discussion at this point, because I am not in a position to research anything. Remember that I am just thinking about what seems to make sense, given what you have written, not saying that I know anything directly about the situation, because I am not on the ground and don't have access to the data, nor even experience with the RTrader software. So my opinion is just that, my opinion.

I'm sorry to say it, but not all support issues are resolved to the user's satisfaction. Did this actually cause you to have a loss in the evaluation? If so, then it is important for them to find out what did happen, hopefully to your satisfaction. If they are unable to, then you have to assess how important a matter it is for you going forward.

I agree that if other examples of this same issue are surfaced, then everyone will have more to go on.

Bob.

---------------------

Edit: I see that @matthew28 chimed in already, saying about the same thing, much more briefly, while I was going on and on about it. Which definitely happens.

We are reporting what we can see in R Trader Pro, which the users all have access to. We are happy to investigate any claims with Rithmic, but that needs their involvement as well, since we can only go by what their platform shows us on this side. If anyone is having the issue and hasn't reported it to support, please do. The more information we have, the better!

Earn2Trade
www.earn2trade.com
Become a Professional Trader. Decisions That Can Change Your Life Forever.
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
31 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
28 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks
 tr8er 
Europe
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TradeNavigator, BookMap
Trading: ES, CL, 6E, 6B
Thanks Given: 220
Thanks Received: 709

I'm not with E2T, but I use rithmic-data for another company and I execute thru TradeNavigator. At the end of the the day I open R-Trader Pro and watch "recent orders" and I cannot believe what BS there is plotted. Since version 16, r-trader is pure nonsence and I'm sure guys at Rithmic know it (because they are not stupid). I had no phantom-orders, but would I read under "recent orders" is to laugh or to cry. For me it is important that under "dashboard" everything is ok and this is the only what counts for me

my 2 cents for anyone from e2t, you should try this: place some trades thru any allowed platform, thereafter open r-trader pro and watch "recent orders" you will never say again "it only counts what we see", lol

Thanked by:

dyst 
Singapore

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader, Sierra, MT4
Trading: ES, CL, NG, XAUUSD, USDJPY
Thanks Given: 75
Thanks Received: 91

I know the feeling. I did report the latest rithmic update seemed to have created some issues, earlier too...

Btw I always have 'positions' and 'working orders' windows (recent orders is under one of them, forgot which) opened in the background for me to check active orders. Which is why I find it weird, there was nothing there except my bracket orders waiting to be filled once I got into the trade... and the 'phantom orders' only appeared after the legit bracket order was closed. And supposedly opened 10 minutes before the existing one was closed?

It happened also in AM session though the duration was shorter, that could be attributable to latency or something, but when it happened again in PM session I kinda panicked.

ps: Thanks for sharing your input

tr8er View Post
I'm not with E2T, but I use rithmic-data for another company and I execute thru TradeNavigator. At the end of the the day I open R-Trader Pro and watch "recent orders" and I cannot believe what BS there is plotted. Since version 16, r-trader is pure nonsence and I'm sure guys at Rithmic know it (because they are not stupid). I had no phantom-orders, but would I read under "recent orders" is to laugh or to cry. For me it is important that under "dashboard" everything is ok and this is the only what counts for me

my 2 cents for anyone from e2t, you should try this: place some trades thru any allowed platform, thereafter open r-trader pro and watch "recent orders" you will never say again "it only counts what we see", lol

Numbers work... Magic lies in the numbers
Thanked by:
 mykee 
Johor, Malaysia

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: CL, GC
Thanks Given: 1,380
Thanks Received: 187

tr8er View Post

Can't do that anymore since only one platform is allowed to be opened at a time.

This is the reply I got from Sierra the last time I asked them to look into the matter. I hope it is ok to post it here, if not @bobwest, please remove TQ.

"The problem is the flat position was just not getting reported by the Rithmic API and it was continuing to report a position of -1. And then you continued to flatten that position with buy orders which ended up putting putting you into a long position of +2 contracts.

We have seen this kind of problem before with Rithmic."

"It is problems like these, is the reason why we have discontinued support for Rithmic and recommend users move to the Sierra Chart order routing service or less preferred CQG. You should take our advice on that. Here is the documentation for the Sierra Chart order routing service"

Sleep well, Eat Healthy, Breathe...
Thanked by:
 tr8er 
Europe
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: TradeNavigator, BookMap
Trading: ES, CL, 6E, 6B
Thanks Given: 220
Thanks Received: 709

mykee, it doesn't mean that you can use just one platform, it means that you can have just 1 connection at the same time (doesn't matter which platform)

Thanked by:
emini2000
Atlanta GA USA

Thanks Given: 70
Thanks Received: 271

I am currently on a Gauntlet Mini and like it. What makes it better than TST to me is that you don't have to actually pass it twice. You hit the profit goal, trade the minimum number of days, and you get an account. With TST you have to make the profit goal all over again. I can't understand why anyone would want to do that.

Now to my main reason for posting. I have seen some mention in here of using NT with the Gauntlet, so I assume it can be used with a funded account too. I just want to verify that. Also, can it be used with the free version, or do you need the paid version of NT?

I use Sierra but have no hope of ever getting Rithmic hooked up with it. I've been through the support threads on Sierra for it and still no joy. Not to mention Sierra says that after Dec. 2020 new versions of Sierra won't use the Rithmic feed and all and you'll have to keep an old version to use it. Time to go to NT.

Thanked by:
 NGtrader 
Burnaby, BC Canada

Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: Ironbeam, Kinetick
Trading: ES, CL, RTY
Thanks Given: 758
Thanks Received: 201

emini2000 View Post
I am currently on a Gauntlet Mini and like it. What makes it better than TST to me is that you don't have to actually pass it twice. You hit the profit goal, trade the minimum number of days, and you get an account. With TST you have to make the profit goal all over again. I can't understand why anyone would want to do that.

Now to my main reason for posting. I have seen some mention in here of using NT with the Gauntlet, so I assume it can be used with a funded account too. I just want to verify that. Also, can it be used with the free version, or do you need the paid version of NT?

I use Sierra but have no hope of ever getting Rithmic hooked up with it. I've been through the support threads on Sierra for it and still no joy. Not to mention Sierra says that after Dec. 2020 new versions of Sierra won't use the Rithmic feed and all and you'll have to keep an old version to use it. Time to go to NT.

Paid version, see here: http://help.earn2trade.com/en/articles/2090521-what-platforms-can-i-use-for-the-gauntlet-mini-trader-career-path

Everyone who wants to use NT needs to use their own licence.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
EStrader09
Toronto Canada

Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 27

I noticed that @dyst and @mykee are living in Asia and experiencing the same issue about phantom trades that I encountered while living as an expat in several asian countries last few years. So, I decided to write this post to share mine. Prior living as an expat in Asia, I lived in Canada and had no problem using Ninjatrader or Rithmic software to trade for prop firms such as TST or Oneup. I blew up these accounts after moving to Asia because of similar issues as well as intermittent connecting issues. I contacted TST support who then referred me to NinjaTrader helpdesk to solve the issue. After several email back and forth between us and after analyzing through log files, they concluded that the problem was not triggered from their side.

Presently, I was forced to move back to Canada to live due to coronavirus pandemic. I've been trading Helios funded account since then until now without any trouble at all. By the way, I'm still using R Pro to execute ES/NQ trades.

Besides, the weird thing is that I didn't have any of such problems to trade my Futures account with a US brokerage while living in asia because it didn't involve rithmic connection. I don't mean to blame this on Rithmic software, but that was what I experienced many times which costed me money to reset those accounts over and over again for these firms.

Thanked by:
EStrader09
Toronto Canada

Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 27

Attached is a screenshot to support my above statement that I'm currently trading for Helios using R Pro software.

Untitled

binarylonewolf 
Oklahoma City OK US

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Charts
Trading: ES M6E/6E
Thanks Given: 51
Thanks Received: 88

This question is regarding all the multiple issues with Rithmic, as I am currently in the Gauntlet Mini. Once funded is Rithmic the only data provider allowed, or are you able to use CQG or another data provider? Seems like once funded you could choose your data provider and just place the trades on the Helios feed? However if you decide to use a different data provider, is it possible to trade the Helios account on a platform without using Rithmic? Seems until Rithmic resolves these multiple issues, that it would be encouraged for traders to use a different data provider that is more reliable and stable.

I have not had as many issues as the other traders, but I did have an issue with connectivity on the change April 30th, and have had some minor issues with trades showing really weird, however most have resolved after a system restart or closing the platform (Sierra unfortunately) and restarting. It i is frustrating that since Sierra no longer provides support, that other options are not clearly available other than Rithmic.

Thanks,

Lonewolf

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on February 28, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts