NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Earn2Trade (Helios) - "The Gauntlet"

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Earn2Trade with 22 posts (45 thanks)
    2. looks_two dyst with 14 posts (14 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 12 posts (29 thanks)
    4. looks_4 BertV with 7 posts (5 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one traderjoefx with 7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Northernlimit with 3.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 2.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Earn2Trade with 2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 82,079 views
    2. thumb_up 281 thanks given
    3. group 58 followers
    1. forum 172 posts
    2. attach_file 11 attachments

Search this Thread

Earn2Trade (Helios) - "The Gauntlet"

ziggy123 
boston

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninja
Trading: es
Thanks Given: 29
Thanks Received: 99

I have to say that Ryan (@earn2trade) is indeed a gentleman - and has reached out in an email to me and has addressed issue(s) to my satisfaction - I am a happy customer now - and will be staying with their service (thank you again Ryan - much appreciated)

By the way Ryan - as previously stated - I read that other companies do provide a “grace period” of up to 10 seconds to close an additional ONE contract that may have been open by mistake (it is really easy to do that on he Ninja DOM - as we work orders and market may move fast and we try to get in or out )

Maybe someone knows a way in Ninja to RESTRICT the MAX orders to only TWO - so once two orders are filled - if by mistake and additional limit order is on the bid/ask - it is REJECTED ?

Cheers - and have a splendid weekend,
S

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
30 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
28 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
16 thanks

Earn2Trade 

Thanks Given: 9
Thanks Received: 299

ziggy123 View Post
I have to say that Ryan (@earn2trade) is indeed a gentleman - and has reached out in an email to me and has addressed issue(s) to my satisfaction - I am a happy customer now - and will be staying with their service (thank you again Ryan - much appreciated)

By the way Ryan - as previously stated - I read that other companies do provide a “grace period” of up to 10 seconds to close an additional ONE contract that may have been open by mistake (it is really easy to do that on he Ninja DOM - as we work orders and market may move fast and we try to get in or out )

Maybe someone knows a way in Ninja to RESTRICT the MAX orders to only TWO - so once two orders are filled - if by mistake and additional limit order is on the bid/ask - it is REJECTED ?

Cheers - and have a splendid weekend,
S

We do have a way to help restrict the orders, please speak with our support and they can help you out! Thanks for the kind words.

Earn2Trade
www.earn2trade.com
Become a Professional Trader. Decisions That Can Change Your Life Forever.
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

TickedOff 
Sydney, NSW, Australia

Platform: NinjaTrader with Jigsaw DOM
Trading: CL, 6E, ES, Piano
Thanks Given: 229
Thanks Received: 250

Hi I am interested in the 50k mini gauntlet. I have one concern.

First, for position sizing will the sim account automatically block you from accidently over clipping? Years ago this was the case with topsteptrader but now I feel they deliberately allow you to overclip so you pay more for resets e.g. Max size on step 1 50k is 5 lots but they will allow you to go to 6, step 2 max size is 2 but you can clip 3 and then the whole account is bust. This is very frustrating as I have to be paranoid about my sizing all the time as going over just 1 lot busts your account, just recently I put up 1.5k over 3 consecutive positive days just to find out I accidently had 6 lots on then that account went to waste (I was spread across 3 markets so that made it harder monitor positions). In reality having an extra 1 lot on is a non event as you can easily get out quick for a small cost and should not be so harshly penalised.

Thanks

Understanding yourself is just as important as understanding markets.

Earn2Trade 

TickedOff View Post
Hi I am interested in the 50k mini gauntlet. I have two concerns.

First, for position sizing will the sim account automatically block you from accidently over clipping? Years ago this was the case with topsteptrader but now I feel they deliberately allow you to overclip so you pay more for resets e.g. Max size on step 1 50k is 5 lots but they will allow you to go to 6, step 2 max size is 2 but you can clip 3 and then the whole account is bust. This is very frustrating as I have to be paranoid about my sizing all the time as going over just 1 lot busts your account, just recently I put up 1.5k over 3 consecutive positive days just to find out I accidently had 6 lots on then that account went to waste (I was spread across 3 markets).

Secondly, after completing the gauntlet, it says you have to do a livesim. What are the parameters for that?

Thanks

Hello!

1) By default, no it doesn't prevent it. This is because most clients want the ability to scale without having us adjust the limits. You are able to let the staff know before you start to limit you and they can do it!

2) For the regular Gauntlet™ yes but not for the Mini. There is an example offer for Livesim posted at https://www.earn2trade.com/gauntlet.

Hope that helps!

Earn2Trade
www.earn2trade.com
Thanked by:

TickedOff 
Sydney, NSW, Australia

Platform: NinjaTrader with Jigsaw DOM
Trading: CL, 6E, ES, Piano
Thanks Given: 229
Thanks Received: 250

Earn2Trade View Post
Hello!

1) By default, no it doesn't prevent it. This is because most clients want the ability to scale without having us adjust the limits. You are able to let the staff know before you start to limit you and they can do it!

2) For the regular Gauntlet™ yes but not for the Mini. There is an example offer for Livesim posted at https://www.earn2trade.com/gauntlet.

Hope that helps!

How do I contact staff? I tried support@earn2trade but got a reply that it couldn't be delivered because of maintenance. Would those limits automatically go up with my account size?

Understanding yourself is just as important as understanding markets.

Earn2Trade 

TickedOff View Post
How do I contact staff? I tried support@earn2trade but got a reply that it couldn't be delivered because of maintenance. Would those limits automatically go up with my account size?

No reason you should have gotten that message - I apologize if you did! You can absolutely email [email protected]. You can also go to our website and talk with livechat. If you have them limit your account, you'll need to have them raise the limits once you qualify for the increase.

Earn2Trade
www.earn2trade.com
Thanked by:
 nguyen74 
Baton Rouge, LA - USA

Experience: None
Platform: NinjaTrader, RTrader
Trading: Emini ES, Crude CL
Thanks Given: 24
Thanks Received: 72

TickedOff View Post

Since I've contacted support so many times, I would like to chime in and say you can contact support by clicking on the chat icon when you're logged into your dashboard. From my experience, the response have been very quick (within a few minutes or less) during business hours. Earn2Trade support is top-notched! I also receive an email of my conversation with support afterwards.

On the side note regarding Max Position...

I don't understand why there can't be a scaling limit placed by default on max position for the Gauntlet Mini. I understand some traders may want to scale but they're still limited on the max number of contracts allowed based on their profits. So why can't the system place that limit by default and increase/decrease max position as their account grows, much like the Gauntlet.

There is new player in the funded trader space that allows full max positions without and scaling or progression, no trailing max drawdown, and no restrictions on trading around new releases as it is a central part of some traders strategy, and minimum 10 trading days. I think these features are attractive to traders trying to get funded. Give a trader access to max number of contracts, if they fail (daily loss, max loss) they fail because they didn't manage their trades/risk properly. I think that's better way to judge a trader than judging them for failing due to errors whether that may be human error or technical error. In real life, they would still have to correct the error and/or manage the trade.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Earn2Trade 

nguyen74 View Post
Since I've contacted support so many times, I would like to chime in and say you can contact support by clicking on the chat icon when you're logged into your dashboard. From my experience, the response have been very quick (within a few minutes or less) during business hours. Earn2Trade support is top-notched! I also receive an email of my conversation with support afterwards.

On the side note regarding Max Position...

I don't understand why there can't be a scaling limit placed by default on max position for the Gauntlet Mini. I understand some traders may want to scale but they're still limited on the max number of contracts allowed based on their profits. So why can't the system place that limit by default and increase/decrease max position as their account grows, much like the Gauntlet.

There is new player in the funded trader space that allows full max positions without and scaling or progression, no trailing max drawdown, and no restrictions on trading around new releases as it is a central part of some traders strategy, and minimum 10 trading days. I think these features are attractive to traders trying to get funded. Give a trader access to max number of contracts, if they fail (daily loss, max loss) they fail because they didn't manage their trades/risk properly. I think that's better way to judge a trader than judging them for failing due to errors whether that may be human error or technical error. In real life, they would still have to correct the error and/or manage the trade.

Regarding a global max position limit, a couple issues make that setup either impossible or not practical.

First, a global max position limit is rendered useless by the micros. You can either limit the number of contracts to 2-3 or so, which would mean that micro traders don't get the benefit of the smaller contracts sizes provided by those assets, or to 20-30, which would mean that people can just as easily fail with regular contracts.

Second, limiting people's accounts asset-by-asset is not something that we can implement, as people trade dozens of assets through us and setting up each individually would not only take a very long time, but would also lock traders to only ever trade those assets throughout the Gauntlet.

Third, people would have to wait for us to change their trading setup when they wanted to scale up/scale down based on their account balance.

Thank you for the feedback, nonetheless, let me quickly correct you in one thing, the minimum number of trading days is 15.

We can set up individual limits, if you ask our colleagues at support, but please note that 1. it takes a bit of time, 2. it needs to be done at every purchase and reset, 3. you won't be able to trade anything else than what you have already disclosed and 4. that the micros will render the setup ineffective.

Thanks for the suggestions and the thoughts that you shared.

Earn2Trade
www.earn2trade.com
Thanked by:
 nguyen74 
Baton Rouge, LA - USA

Experience: None
Platform: NinjaTrader, RTrader
Trading: Emini ES, Crude CL
Thanks Given: 24
Thanks Received: 72

Earn2Trade View Post
Regarding a global max position limit, a couple issues make that setup either impossible or not practical.

First, a global max position limit is rendered useless by the micros. You can either limit the number of contracts to 2-3 or so, which would mean that micro traders don't get the benefit of the smaller contracts sizes provided by those assets, or to 20-30, which would mean that people can just as easily fail with regular contracts.

Second, limiting people's accounts asset-by-asset is not something that we can implement, as people trade dozens of assets through us and setting up each individually would not only take a very long time, but would also lock traders to only ever trade those assets throughout the Gauntlet.

Third, people would have to wait for us to change their trading setup when they wanted to scale up/scale down based on their account balance.

Thank you for the feedback, nonetheless, let me quickly correct you in one thing, the minimum number of trading days is 15.

We can set up individual limits, if you ask our colleagues at support, but please note that 1. it takes a bit of time, 2. it needs to be done at every purchase and reset, 3. you won't be able to trade anything else than what you have already disclosed and 4. that the micros will render the setup ineffective.

Thanks for the suggestions and the thoughts that you shared.

I was referring to another funded trader program that requires 10 minimum days.

Thank you for your reply. Earn2Trade has always been top-notched when it comes to customer service!

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 jeffalan 
Raleigh, NC

Platform: NinjaTrader
Thanks Received: 22

Ryan,

I am reaching out to you to inform you @Earn2Trade that there is a serious issue with the RTrader (Rithmic) and Ninjatrader gateway that you are providing and that I was using during my Gauntlet. There seems to be an issue with Rithmic cancelling/ Modifying and even attempting to place trades without my knowledge. I know this is not an NT issue as I have discussed it with them and also had a phone conversation with Eric over at Rithmic operations. I got in touch with Eric through Francis at your firm and he put me in contact with Eric. I will attempt to show some examples of what is going on.

As you can see On Friday, Dec. 27, 2019 I am short Soybeans and letting it run over the weekend. I look at it Monday afternoon and notice that I it is now against me. Notice it is showing down 9.5 points but now having an opening price of 930.00 instead of the original 937.75. Also, where are my stop loss and take profit levels? There are NONE. Rithmic has changed the order so I am now in a NAKED position. Horrifying to say the least. This is not the only incident of Phantom orders from Rithmic. I had a similar incident with a Wheat position I took on December 6. As my Gauntlet is now completely toast I am bringing this to your attention to please look into this further with Eric from Rithmic. He did state to me that exchanges to cancel orders I find this highly improbable but what do I know. Please let Francis know as well as I should have contacted him back on this. The only thing I am not happy about is that I am paying for this!

P.S. Last screenshot is of this trade still open. Ninja won't allow me to close it! It is LOCKED UP! I have tried to close this trade since New Years!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Soybean Short 12.27.19.png
Views:	294
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	284088   Click image for larger version

Name:	Soybean Phantom Long.png
Views:	297
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	284091   Click image for larger version

Name:	13.01.2020_11.10.45_REC.png
Views:	314
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	284109  

Last Updated on February 28, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts