NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Reliable broker for a rookie

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Calming with 24 posts (1 thanks)
    2. looks_two blb014 with 6 posts (2 thanks)
    3. looks_3 tr8er with 5 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 matthew28 with 4 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one lancelottrader with 3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Leon of Pizza with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 ShatteredX with 2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 spoolmak with 0.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 8,683 views
    2. thumb_up 20 thanks given
    3. group 7 followers
    1. forum 55 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

Reliable broker for a rookie

Calming
Houston, TX

Thanks Given: 111
Thanks Received: 72

lancelottrader View Post
You should look into Optimus Futures. I've been with then for many years. Matt Z can give you many options in terms of platforms, data feeds, and clearing. You will receive very good service from them.

Thanks again for your advice. They outsource clearing and do not support NT. What firm from their list would you recommend?

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements

TravelingSalesmen
Tucson arizona

Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 4

4-8 contracts with less than 1k initial deposit? bro no disrespect but thats a lil crazy.

anyway check out oanda. they just got offered as a broker with NT8. they manly focus on forex but i believe they do futures to. ive used them before. no probs.

but honestly.... u say you dont want to change horses down the road but thats stupid thinking... if you want to open an acct with a company that has a low minimum and then stay with them later you would be paying higher fees... later on if you can afford it you should be looking for lower fee options anyway....................... soooooooo....... best of luck.

Calming
Houston, TX

TravelingSalesmen View Post
4-8 contracts with less than 1k initial deposit? bro no disrespect but thats a lil crazy.

anyway check out oanda. they just got offered as a broker with NT8. they manly focus on forex but i believe they do futures to. ive used them before. no probs.

but honestly.... u say you dont want to change horses down the road but thats stupid thinking... if you want to open an acct with a company that has a low minimum and then stay with them later you would be paying higher fees... later on if you can afford it you should be looking for lower fee options anyway....................... soooooooo....... best of luck.

No offense or disrespect taken. At Tastyworks people get intraday futures margin, meaning each contract on /es or /nq only eats up like 2.5k buying power. So with 15k or so you can buy 10 lots.

Oanda seems to be great for forex. Would be great to find something similar for futures. I hear you about lower fees because of bigger deposit. I simply want to find something to start with and make fewer moves. Perhaps, I just stick with NT.

TravelingSalesmen
Tucson arizona

Calming View Post
No offense or disrespect taken. At Tastyworks people get intraday futures margin, meaning each contract on /es or /nq only eats up like 2.5k buying power. So with 15k or so you can buy 10 lots.

Oanda seems to be great for forex. Would be great to find something similar for futures. I hear you about lower fees because of bigger deposit. I simply want to find something to start with and make fewer moves. Perhaps, I just stick with NT.

O ya frick I thought they did futures to they dont. nvm. ya bro NT brokerage is pretty good in competitive terms. if you aint using auto strategies you can find much cheaper brokers else well but thats up to u.

Calming
Houston, TX

O ya frick I thought they did futures to they dont. nvm. ya bro NT brokerage is pretty good in competitive terms. if you aint using auto strategies you can find much cheaper brokers else well but thats up to u.

NT is convenient because they are all-in-one, broker and clearing house. So far, I have a few other options. Some of them are hard to track final expenses. Where else can one look to find cheaper brokers?

TravelingSalesmen
Tucson arizona

i mean CME Charges a standard rate on futures and then NT taking .53 each side is already pretty cheap.. but keep in mind theres only a hand full that NT works with. you cant just use any old broker. for instance Oanda was just made available within the past month or so.

other than that FXCM is cheap and works with nt but they dont take us customers because they got caught doing some funky biz in US.

or Interactive brokers but they are jerks IMO. minimums are way to high for beginners. they have lower minimums for under 25 or something but they still require a net worth of 100k. I angryly replied back to there email saying BRO WHERE ON EARTH HAVE YOU SEE A 25 YR OLD WITH A NET WORTH OF 100K! 1 in a fricken million. u crazy. most of them are fricken still in debt from college u nutcases. at least give them a chance.

Thanked by:
Calming
Houston, TX

i mean CME Charges a standard rate on futures and then NT taking .53 each side is already pretty cheap.. but keep in mind theres only a hand full that NT works with. you cant just use any old broker. for instance Oanda was just made available within the past month or so.

other than that FXCM is cheap and works with nt but they dont take us customers because they got caught doing some funky biz in US.

or Interactive brokers but they are jerks IMO. minimums are way to high for beginners. they have lower minimums for under 25 or something but they still require a net worth of 100k. I angryly replied back to there email saying BRO WHERE ON EARTH HAVE YOU SEE A 25 YR OLD WITH A NET WORTH OF 100K! 1 in a fricken million. u crazy. most of them are fricken still in debt from college u nutcases. at least give them a chance.

I can let NT go if I find a better deal.

FXCM is the type of firm I'd like to avoid all together. Reputation comes first, at least for me.

I keep hearing about IB. I have a contacts of a person who can get lower requirements with them. Would you take IB as your broker should that condition was omitted?

ShatteredX 
Houston, TX

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Python
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 133
Thanks Received: 96

If you want to stick with NT, you only have two options for futures: NT brokerage and IB. To use IB, you have to deal with TWS running side-by-side with NT, which I found to be a pain in the ass. Just stick with NT brokerage if you want to use NT.

Personally, I would be more concerned with finding the right trading software that fits your style before worrying about a broker. The difference between NT brokerage and other discount futures brokerages is gonna be less than $0.10 per side.

Thanked by:
Calming
Houston, TX

ShatteredX View Post
If you want to stick with NT, you only have two options for futures: NT brokerage and IB. To use IB, you have to deal with TWS running side-by-side with NT, which I found to be a pain in the ass. Just stick with NT brokerage if you want to use NT.

Personally, I would be more concerned with finding the right trading software that fits your style before worrying about a broker. The difference between NT brokerage and other discount futures brokerages is gonna be less than $0.10 per side.

Thanks for sharing your experience using NT and IB. What you are saying about software. What else is out there to try? Is there a list somewhere?

TravelingSalesmen
Tucson arizona

Calming View Post
I can let NT go if I find a better deal.

FXCM is the type of firm I'd like to avoid all together. Reputation comes first, at least for me.

I keep hearing about IB. I have a contacts of a person who can get lower requirements with them. Would you take IB as your broker should that condition was omitted?

nah hell nah.. not any morr at least. they treated me like fricken cat food. they honestly didnt care. after being spoiled by nt's support i would never go to IB. i mean i didn't even have a funded account and i was using there free version for a good portion of a year and they still helped me every way they could. but these guys at IB wont even see me as a human being because im not worth 100k at age 25 geeeeeeettttt outttttaaaa here...

Last Updated on June 30, 2018

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts