NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Has anyone tested the new order flow tools from Ninja?

Discussion in NinjaTrader

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one JonnyBoy with 5 posts (42 thanks)
    2. looks_two LaissezFaire with 5 posts (5 thanks)
    3. looks_3 blb014 with 4 posts (4 thanks)
    4. looks_4 paps with 3 posts (11 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one iantg with 18 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Jigsaw Trading with 13.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 JonnyBoy with 8.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 paps with 3.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 20,081 views
    2. thumb_up 134 thanks given
    3. group 23 followers
    1. forum 32 posts
    2. attach_file 6 attachments

Search this Thread

Has anyone tested the new order flow tools from Ninja?

LaissezFaire
Oslo + Norway

Thanks Given: 224
Thanks Received: 104

Any news on these tools? Anyone using them (with sucess)?

I'm a bit curious about some of them. Particularly Cumulative Delta, but seems like there might be cheaper options if that's all I want.

Currently leasing NT8.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
34 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
15 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
15 thanks
Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM
13 thanks
LaissezFaire
Oslo + Norway

Thanks Given: 224
Thanks Received: 104

Bump!

Anyone using these at all?

I'm still considering buying the full license to reduce my commission rates mainly. I'm curious about the order flow tools, but not looking to base an approach on them. MAYBE - they can help me add some confirmation on my entries/exits.

Thanks.

brmicha2000
Denver, CO

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 67

lax99 View Post
You actually can see "institutions" trading real-time. Who else is going to walk into ES and sell 500 back-to-back, or ZN and sell everything on the bid, offer lower, and sell everything else on the next bid? You and I don't have enough capital to put on even 1000 contracts in ZN. Somebody with large pockets does, and that somebody is a big player.

I definitely agree that order flow is tough to backtest. That's where the feel for the market comes in. What's your market of choice? I bet you can tell me when the action looks bearish but feels bullish, and the reverse. It's all about knowing your product and the way it flows.

There's no "proof of concept" in order flow. You aren't going to buy a system which flashes green and red lights to buy and sell, but I'm guessing that you already know that. Those things exist, but every last one of them is a sham.

You can see what institutions are doing, but the tough aspect is predicting what they will do. That's what trading is all about. Order flow tools help you see when large, significant, market-moving size is trading and aggressively clearing prices. It's then up to the trader to decide what to do with that information.

I believe order flow tools can work for smaller traders that don't trade on wall street. Now, there is a large population of smaller traders that want to trade Forex and Cfds. I don't think order flow can be really be used on those. I think that need to trade full sized futures contracts. I never really have figured out how to use the foot print charts to any advantage. But, order book tools like bookmap and cumulative order delta can work very well for traders. How to use them is up to you to figure out, and no one is going to sell you ways to make it work for you. The one guys post about 500 before the bid or whatever made no sense to me. Its not that complicated. You just make trades based on order flow. They are always filled, and I get little to no slippage. You don't worry about where you are in any queue.

Last Updated on January 26, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts