NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

List of FIO traders who have passed the ONEUP Trader Evaluation or funded

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one sstheo with 10 posts (43 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 9 posts (37 thanks)
    3. looks_3 blb014 with 8 posts (7 thanks)
    4. looks_4 lemons with 5 posts (7 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one sdp1969 with 11 thanks per post
    2. looks_two HollywoodTrader with 10.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 sstheo with 4.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 4.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 44,519 views
    2. thumb_up 188 thanks given
    3. group 36 followers
    1. forum 61 posts
    2. attach_file 2 attachments

Search this Thread

List of FIO traders who have passed the ONEUP Trader Evaluation or funded

sstheo 
Holladay, Utah, USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Multicharts
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: MES, MYM, MNQ, M2K
Thanks Given: 198
Thanks Received: 1,490

carofa View Post
forget this kind of trading and read this :
https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/case-no-17-c-4412-topsteptrader-llc-v-oneup-trader-llc.320645/

In Europe all the Brokers have to publish how many clients are losing money in the last 12 Month !
The result is :80 percent lose money (as an average of 1000 CFD-Brokers) !

and with this rules you will lose or they will block your account or the company suddenly vanished.
The people of this company are hiding behind a Delaware Company and want to earn money by subscription.
I assume that the account never gets funded and that you will trade on a demo account.

Your concerns are valid.

1) OneUp did not start out squeaky clean. The lawsuit had 4 claims, and 2 were dismissed in April of 2018. You can read about the follow-up HERE. I think Saddam Alsabah was an idiot for directly copying parts of the TST website, but does that make him a criminal, or just a foolish competitor? Did he really damage TST? I can't see how the case was resolved, but the fact that OneUp is still going is a good sign.

2) I believe it that 80% of traders lost more money than they made last year. But this is for ALL brokerages, and therefore irrelevant as it relates to this business model, although I personally feel it must be even higher than 80% with TST and OneUp. But this is the risk that all traders willingly take, every single day they fire up their platforms. Interestingly, if someone ever asks me if they should become a trader, I say, "NO WAY. Go do something that gives you a paycheck and doesn't require years to become consistently profitable." If I had known a decade ago that it would take me another 10 years to see consistent profits, I would have stopped wasting my time and money. I only encourage those who have already made the decision to trade to trade better.

3) With the rules set by OneUp, which are similar to TST, I may lose indeed. But I may also WIN, as I have for 5 weeks, earning almost $5000 so far. If they block my account, I will be very unhappy. But I have not heard of a single trader that has been unfairly treated yet. I am the most prolific poster in the chat room on OneUp's website, and so I would see it. I also now run the Funded Trader Chatroom for MES Capital, and I haven't heard of any issues from that group either. I guess it could happen! You may be right. In the short term, I will keep making real money withdrawals, like I did this week. Will the company suddenly vanish? Maybe it will. This is a risk I am willing to take. (Soon I will take my real money withdrawals and fund my personal account again and see if I can finally apply what I have learned here about risk control and succeed without sharing 20% of the profits!)

4) Are they hiding behind a Delaware corporation? I guess that is their prerogative. That is what corporations are for. If people are being treated fairly and feel like their are getting something of value, then the company is doing its job.

5) Do they just want to earn money by subscription? It is possible. I know they earn a lot by subscription. But your claim seems to beg for evidence. What have you seen or heard?

6) My $50k account has been funded for 5 weeks now. I have not yet tested the DOM to see if an order I place increases the volume on the bid or ask, but the fact that MES gave me $1,000 suggests I am trading with a real account, wouldn't you agree? Also, I do know that the actual account is probably far less than $50k because of the draw down rules in place, but the $50k account does allow me to place 6 contracts of SI (Silver) which has the highest daytime margins of the available instruments at $3,600. So the "$50k" account must be AT LEAST $21,600 (6 x $3,600).

Am I trying to defend OneUp? Only so far as my experience has been a good one so far and I have no evidence of anything that leads me to be concerned. Interestingly, both MES and OneUp know that I am their most vocal "consumer" and that they better be on their best behavior, LOL.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
 mbondiett 
Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 220
Thanks Received: 49

sstheo View Post
I passed my $50k OneUp evaluation about 6 weeks ago. I just finished my fifth full week of live trading with MES Capital. I took my first $1000 withdrawal on Monday of this week (and had the money in about 5 hours). My $50k account had $55k right before the withdrawal. I have an MES trading journal here on FIO.

As you will be able to read, this is my fourth funded account in about 2 years. I did a LOT of resets on the evaluation. I spent way too much money because of my impatience and the ability to use the full number of contracts in the evaluation instead of the realistic scaling number in the live account.

Now look at the 2018 charts. That was a very crazy trading year. But still, I should have been more prudent.

I give a weekly report at that link, so you can keep up with my progress.

Overall, I have been happy with OneUp/MES. (And I am running the MES live trader chat room too.)

I have had several people tell me I wasted all my money with TST (I did that too) and OneUp. But had I just put all the money I spent on the monthly fees and resets into my own live AMP account I am convinced I would NOT be better off. Why? Because already tried it MANY TIMES and failed. Unfortunately for me, it is too easy to NOT follow my rules with my own funds. But the external limits placed on me with MES (The $1,250 daily loss and $2,500 max loss if under $52,500 balance) has been the thing that has helped me finally turn the corner. It has been a good thing. It has forced me to let certain trades pass by, and adopt many other practices conducive to profit.

I have been following you the last couple of weeks or so reading all of your journal entries etc. and you have almost convinced me to sign up with OneUp. Accountability to another party (an enforcer) is what I am missing.

After all I have read my impression is that you are Totally open an honest about all that you are doing as well, which provides a great service here. Prior to this post however I was under the impression that you did a combine with TST some years ago and then after a period of time you joined OneUp and immediately passed their combine and was funded without a lot of fanfare. Maybe I just missed it in your previous writings, but would you mind letting us in on how many tries it took you to pass through the OneUp combine and the related cost you had to suffer through as well?

If this is tooooooo personal I apologize in advance. Not everything is someone else's business but from my point of view this is a missing piece of the puzzle for me.

Thanks

“The major work of the world is not done by geniuses. It is done by ordinary people, with balance in their lives, who have learned to work in an extraordinary manner.”
― Gordon B. Hinckley
Thanked by:

sstheo 
Holladay, Utah, USA

mbondiett View Post
I have been following you the last couple of weeks or so reading all of your journal entries etc. and you have almost convinced me to sign up with OneUp. Accountability to another party (an enforcer) is what I am missing.

After all I have read my impression is that you are Totally open an honest about all that you are doing as well, which provides a great service here. Prior to this post however I was under the impression that you did a combine with TST some years ago and then after a period of time you joined OneUp and immediately passed their combine and was funded without a lot of fanfare. Maybe I just missed it in your previous writings, but would you mind letting us in on how many tries it took you to pass through the OneUp combine and the related cost you had to suffer through as well?

If this is tooooooo personal I apologize in advance. Not everything is someone else's business but from my point of view this is a missing piece of the puzzle for me.

Thanks

@mbondiett, thanks for your nice words. I am being open and honest, and maybe to a fault some would say.

Here is my record. Too personal? Probably. You really opened up a can of worms on this one! But I really want to help people either RUN AWAY now, or listen to me when I tell them what to do to succeed (here and in my MES journal).

TOPSTEP. I did multiple combines with TST. I just now logged in to their site, but my old history is gone. But I am sure I spent at least $1,500 or $2,000 total. I just couldn't make it work, but I really liked the model. I probably tried for two who years off and on. Part of my problem with them was that they had lots and lots of rules about trading that didn't fit my style.

MES Capital. So when MES came along and I read they didn't care about all the same rules, and they were free, I went for it. But I failed. They would not let me try again for 6 months.

ONEUP TRADER. Then when MES hired (or formed?) OneUp Trader and gave a discount coupon to try, I was all in. Here are the journeys to my 4 live accounts:

1) I started on June 18, 2017 for $75 with a $50k account. On July 9 I did a reset for $100. On July 12 I did a reset for $100. On July 18 I paid another monthly $75 fee. Then I passed!!! I signed the live account agreement on August 10, 2017. -- But I failed within the first week. It was either because I hit the max draw down OR because I open up a trade 15 seconds after a prohibited news report instead of waiting the full minute. I felt pretty stupid. And I was down over $350 in fees.

2) However, having just had a live account, my confidence was up, and I signed up for another evaluation on August 16. But this time I went for a $150k account. This cost me $263 using a discount coupon because I was a repeat customer. I then paid the $263 for 6 months and did several resets in there. My second funded account began on March 3, 2018. But that one only lasted a week as well. What was I doing wrong???

3) "Man I am so close to cracking this nut; I need to try again." So I did another $263 and a couple resets and got funded on April 24, 2018. But then, I failed to stay alive on that one too. Remember what the market looked like in 2018 with MASSIVE moves down up down up. "THREE STRIKES I'M OUT" I said to myself in intense frustration, and I swore never to do OneUp or TST again.

4) But 6 months passed. You guess it: I decided to try again. I paid $315 for another $150k evaluation on October 16, 2018. After several resets for $100, I still couldn't pass. In late 2018, recall that the market was in a free-fall. I just couldn't keep up with it! But having been funded 3 times before, I knew I could do it. I figured out that maybe I was just taking on too much risk. So finally on Feb 12, 2019 I lowered my subscription rate to a $50k evaluation. This account size forced me to trade with fewer positions. And it worked! After just one reset I PASSED and signed for my current live account last month.

[GAGGING HERE] I added up all the expenses, and all together, I dropped over $7,500 into OneUp Trader's lap. This is totally NUTS! Wow. And unfortunately, it looks like I am not alone. I saw a study that showed that the average TST combine trader paid $3,800 total. But I was easily double this on OneUp. And yes, I am very embarrassed to share this story. But maybe someone can benefit.

So I am in my fourth live account now. It took me 14 whole months of trading at OneUp/MES to get here. Based on the number of resets I took and the number of resets that I hear about in the evaluation chat room, I believe that TST and OneUp are making an ungodly killing. Between the two, I probably personally spent over $10,000 over the past few years.

So whether you want to try TST or OneUp, LEARN FROM ME NOW. LISTEN TO ME--or fail miserably like 80% of all traders. Alternatively, take $10k, put it in a brokerage account, and trade with it on your own carefully and keep all 100% of your profits.

Ready? Here we go--

(A) Practice on a sim account first. One Up will give you a free 14 day trial on a $100k account. Practice on another sim account after that. Practice until you can make profits 3 days in a row and the week is positive at the end.

(B) Go for the $50k account with a max of 6 positions. For the money, and the potential upside, I think it is a better deal than the $25k account. Unless your confidence is really high, at this stage paying for a $150k account (or higher) is really just a waste of money.

(C) Take your time! People are rushing to reach the monetary goal on the evaluation, and so they take big risks to get there much faster than is needed. Why? Because they don't want to pay the next month's fee! So they take big risks and then blow it and have to pay a reset, plus then they still have the next months fee anyway! If you take your time and don't finish in 15 days (which is the minimum not the maximum) then yes, you may pay another monthly fee. But you have avoided paying a reset fee AND starting the clock all over again. So what does it mean to "take your time?" With a $50k account the evaluation goal is $3000 that is $200 per day average at the fastest. But there is no maximum time. So $100/day has you reaching the goal in 30 trading days, or 6 weeks. So with just $300 in fees total, you did it! This is what I mean by taking your time. And what is $50/day? That is $450 in total fees and 3 months. Still WAY better than how I did it and how most people do it.

(D) Trade with just one contract. I think this is the secret to a successful evaluation. Especially with the current market volatility, one contract can easily get you to the goal, even in just one month. Almost all of my failures have been because I was trading with too many contracts. If you can't make 1 contract work, how can you make 2 or 3 or 4 work?

(E) Set a stop loss and keep it. This has been my biggest personal failing, even with just 1 contract. Despite your best efforts the market will try to shake you out. And it WILL keep going in the same direction longer that you ever thought possible. Trust me. And without the stop, you are absolutely committing suicide. On a $50k account, just 4 losing trades of $600 will kill the account. You have got to either get out immediately whenever a trade turns OR set a stop for $100, $150, or $200 and seriously honor it. You have to put your ego aside in this game. Listen to what the market is telling you. GET OUT of your losing position. You are here to make money, not be right. And most importantly, if you are convinced "the market is about to reverse" you can always get back in!!! But cut that bad trade short, take a deep breath, walk away from the computer, and come back refreshed to reassess the price action. You must stay alive to trade another day.

I have a lot more to say, but this post is already long enough. I will say more over time on my MES Journal page.

This is probably way more than you wanted to hear. But now it's done.

I am now 5 weeks into my live account and have made close to $5,000. Just $5,000 more and I can call it a break even adventure (I will have earned back the $10k I spent over the last few years on combines and evaluations). Then on to $15,000 and $20,000. Then I will have something to write home about....

mbondiett 
Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Experience: Beginner
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 220
Thanks Received: 49

sstheo View Post
@mbondiett,This is probably way more than you wanted to hear. But now it's done.

I am now 5 weeks into my live account and have made close to $5,000. Just $5,000 more and I can call it a break even adventure (I will have earned back the $10k I spent over the last few years on combines and evaluations). Then on to $15,000 and $20,000. Then I will have something to write home about....

Wow! Thanks Steve, you are the best. I'm seeing that one of your talents is writing as well as trading.

Your testimony of the trials you have been through (sacrifices made) are an inspiration to me. My 3 year anniversary is approaching in a few months and my original goal was to be P&L positive on a weekly/monthly basis by then. I have traded live off and on but would do some really stupid stuff and then put myself back on demo where I am now AGAIN!

What is impressing me right now is your entire story of persistence, but what stands out even more that people should pay attention to is the fact that although you burned through $10K, when you finally got focus you were able to battle back and win back half your total out of pocket expenses in less than 6 weeks!!!!!!

You are Awesome. Stay focused and show us all how to slay the beast.

“The major work of the world is not done by geniuses. It is done by ordinary people, with balance in their lives, who have learned to work in an extraordinary manner.”
― Gordon B. Hinckley
Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,341
Thanks Received: 26,267

sstheo View Post

So I am in my fourth live account now. It took me 14 whole months of trading at OneUp/MES to get here. Based on the number of resets I took and the number of resets that I hear about in the evaluation chat room, I believe that TST and OneUp are making an ungodly killing. Between the two, I probably personally spent over $10,000 over the past few years....

(A) Practice on a sim account first....

(B) Go for the $50k account with a max of 6 positions....

(C) Take your time!...

(D) Trade with just one contract....

(E) Set a stop loss and keep it....

I have a lot more to say, but this post is already long enough. I will say more over time on my MES Journal page.

This is probably way more than you wanted to hear. But now it's done.

Good advice on passing any of these things, and on trading on your own if you want to go that route. And definite congratulations on doing so well. I know it seems like it took forever and it cost you serious money.

Let me say something about the amount of money you have put into these. For perspective, I don't think it's so bad at all (which will probably get me some unbelieving comments. That's OK .)

Let's say a person opens their own cash account, trading ES, and only trades two contracts (I picked this number because it's fairly small and it makes the math simpler.) One point in ES is worth $50/contract, so a 1-point move with 2 contracts is a gain or loss of $100, somewhat less than most stops.

How long does it take to make or lose $1,000? Well, how long does it take to make or lose 10 points? (Assuming 2-contract trades.) This is easily done in a day. If you are trading live money, how long does it take to make or lose the few hundred dollars that your evaluation or Combine costs you that month? I don't know about you, but I can do it in a couple of trades . And have.

My observation is that traders, all or almost all of us (me too) vastly over-rate the level of our own trading genius. The encounter with real trading, with money, with no one caring about our excuses, can be jarring. I think these evaluation/Combine things can be a worthwhile in-between step in a transition from no-risk, high-BS pure sim trading to high-risk, no-BS real trading. It costs you something, which everyone is free to not pay by just not playing... but there is still the reality of real trading out there to be faced. (I think you can also do sim without BS'ing yourself, but since you are the only judge of your performance, BS is more likely and it has no downside, until you try the same in the real market.)

So I think the tuition you paid to the TST and One-up guys is modest if you got something out of the experience. The tuition paid directly to the market could be much greater, and usually is.

And of course, not everyone should try these things -- for one thing, because their rules may not fit the trader's way of trading, and for another, because these programs still are a version of sim (with the risk of losing your monthly fee), and so still insulate you somewhat from the savagery of the real market.

So as to what it cost you, I would just shrug it off and go ahead now from where you are, now.

For anyone thinking about doing one of these things (I think there are three such programs out there now, each with their own slight variations), well, you may not benefit from it at all, because they do impose their own trading styles on you. But, if you think you can trade their way (and do make sure you read all the rules), then it might be a help.... Or it might not .

Everything is really individual, and everyone is really responsible for making their own decisions.

And again, congrats to @sstheo. Good job, man.

Bob.

cory 
virginia

Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,090

sstheo View Post
Ready? Here we go--
4) But 6 months passed. You guess it: I decided to try again. I paid $315 for another $150k evaluation on October 16, 2018. After several resets for $100, I still couldn't pass. In late 2018, recall that the market was in a free-fall. I just couldn't keep up with it! But having been funded 3 times before, I knew I could do it. I figured out that maybe I was just taking on too much risk. So finally on Feb 12, 2019 I lowered my subscription rate to a $50k evaluation. This account size forced me to trade with fewer positions. And it worked! After just one reset I PASSED and signed for my current live account last month.

(A) Practice on a sim account first. One Up will give you a free 14 day trial on a $100k account. Practice on another sim account after that. Practice until you can make profits 3 days in a row and the week is positive at the end.

(B) Go for the $50k account with a max of 6 positions. For the money, and the potential upside, I think it is a better deal than the $25k account. Unless your confidence is really high, at this stage paying for a $150k account (or higher) is really just a waste of money.

(C) Take your time! People are rushing to reach the monetary goal on the evaluation, and so they take big risks to get there much faster than is needed. Why? Because they don't want to pay the next month's fee! So they take big risks and then blow it and have to pay a reset, plus then they still have the next months fee anyway! If you take your time and don't finish in 15 days (which is the minimum not the maximum) then yes, you may pay another monthly fee. But you have avoided paying a reset fee AND starting the clock all over again. So what does it mean to "take your time?" With a $50k account the evaluation goal is $3000 that is $200 per day average at the fastest. But there is no maximum time. So $100/day has you reaching the goal in 30 trading days, or 6 weeks. So with just $300 in fees total, you did it! This is what I mean by taking your time. And what is $50/day? That is $450 in total fees and 3 months. Still WAY better than how I did it and how most people do it.

(D) Trade with just one contract. I think this is the secret to a successful evaluation. Especially with the current market volatility, one contract can easily get you to the goal, even in just one month. Almost all of my failures have been because I was trading with too many contracts. If you can't make 1 contract work, how can you make 2 or 3 or 4 work?

(E) Set a stop loss and keep it. This has been my biggest personal failing, even with just 1 contract. Despite your best efforts the market will try to shake you out. And it WILL keep going in the same direction longer that you ever thought possible. Trust me. And without the stop, you are absolutely committing suicide. On a $50k account, just 4 losing trades of $600 will kill the account. You have got to either get out immediately whenever a trade turns OR set a stop for $100, $150, or $200 and seriously honor it. You have to put your ego aside in this game. Listen to what the market is telling you. GET OUT of your losing position. You are here to make money, not be right. And most importantly, if you are convinced "the market is about to reverse" you can always get back in!!! But cut that bad trade short, take a deep breath, walk away from the computer, and come back refreshed to reassess the price action. You must stay alive to trade another day.

I vote for 1-A, 2-C, 3-D
and since
Quoting 
account size forced me to trade with fewer positions. And it worked!

so set SIM account balance to 5K only.

Thanked by:

sstheo 
Holladay, Utah, USA

bobwest View Post
Good advice on passing any of these things, and on trading on your own if you want to go that route. And definite congratulations on doing so well. I know it seems like it took forever and it cost you serious money.

Let me say something about the amount of money you have put into these. For perspective, I don't think it's so bad at all (which will probably get me some unbelieving comments. That's OK .)

Let's say a person opens their own cash account, trading ES, and only trades two contracts (I picked this number because it's fairly small and it makes the math simpler.) One point in ES is worth $50/contract, so a 1-point move with 2 contracts is a gain or loss of $100, somewhat less than most stops.

How long does it take to make or lose $1,000? Well, how long does it take to make or lose 10 points? (Assuming 2-contract trades.) This is easily done in a day. If you are trading live money, how long does it take to make or lose the few hundred dollars that your evaluation or Combine costs you that month? I don't know about you, but I can do it in a couple of trades . And have.

My observation is that traders, all or almost all of us (me too) vastly over-rate the level of our own trading genius. The encounter with real trading, with money, with no one caring about our excuses, can be jarring. I think these evaluation/Combine things can be a worthwhile in-between step in a transition from no-risk, high-BS pure sim trading to high-risk, no-BS real trading. It costs you something, which everyone is free to not pay by just not playing... but there is still the reality of real trading out there to be faced. (I think you can also do sim without BS'ing yourself, but since you are the only judge of your performance, BS is more likely and it has no downside, until you try the same in the real market.)

So I think the tuition you paid to the TST and One-up guys is modest if you got something out of the experience. The tuition paid directly to the market could be much greater, and usually is.

And of course, not everyone should try these things -- for one thing, because their rules may not fit the trader's way of trading, and for another, because these programs still are a version of sim (with the risk of losing your monthly fee), and so still insulate you somewhat from the savagery of the real market.

So as to what it cost you, I would just shrug it off and go ahead now from where you are, now.

For anyone thinking about doing one of these things (I think there are three such programs out there now, each with their own slight variations), well, you may not benefit from it at all, because they do impose their own trading styles on you. But, if you think you can trade their way (and do make sure you read all the rules), then it might be a help.... Or it might not .

Everything is really individual, and everyone is really responsible for making their own decisions.

And again, congrats to @sstheo. Good job, man.

Bob.

Thanks Bob! Love your comments about overrating our own "trading genius," and I like your idea of the TST/OneUp model being a transitionary phase from "high BS/low risk" to low BS/high risk. I agree that the TUITION to the realm of profitability (no matter how small) WILL be paid one way or the other; all good traders WILL pass through the refiner's fire. And it will always hurt.

And when they arrive? (And I am not saying I have yet), you still have never "made it" because the market is ever-changing. So you must constantly be paying dues. Even those running algo's have to keep refining and rewriting.

Thanked by:

sstheo 
Holladay, Utah, USA

cory View Post
I vote for 1-A, 2-C, 3-D
and since so set SIM account balance to 5K only.

Cory, thanks for the reply. I think the key to all of this is learning to "master" one contract as a time. We have to trade our trading brains with enough screen time to be able to recognize the rhyming/harmonic patterns in the market. Only when the programming has passed a certain point can we cross the threshold into minor consistent profitability. Then those who have reached this level continue to refine and progress until they are consistently profitable in a major way.

I think I will do a poll on this topic. "How many years did you spend trading before you felt you were "consistently profitable?" (At least 4 profitable weeks in a row with low volatility?) Am I asking the question the right way?

Thanked by:

ratfink 
Birmingham UK
Market Wizard

Broker: TST/Rithmic
Trading: YM/Gold
Thanks Given: 17,423
Thanks Received: 8,425

Great detailed information in this story, many thanks and best wishes for continued success @sstheo.

I too have learned much (usually about myself) from half a dozen failed combines over the years, it would have cost me 15-20X in real account(s).

I never thought of the TST rules as either inconvenient or unfair - let's face it, monkey brain and bad trading can get past any rules. However, the best rule I made for myself and stuck to is a simple one - No Resets. I seriously commend it to others following the evaluation route.

Always let the current subscription expire and use the remaining time for practice and development - as if you were still trading with intent to pass, and only then start a new evaluation. TST now make it click easy to set a current subscription to 'Cancelled' status on their billing webpage, after which it just expires itself at the end of the current month, so no worries about undesired repeat billing.

I don't yet know about OneUp or E2T, haven't used the former and only just started with the latter.

Best Wishes and Happy Easter, now back to the garden.

Travel Well
Thanked by:

sstheo 
Holladay, Utah, USA

mbondiett View Post
Wow! Thanks Steve, you are the best. I'm seeing that one of your talents is writing as well as trading.

Your testimony of the trials you have been through (sacrifices made) are an inspiration to me. My 3 year anniversary is approaching in a few months and my original goal was to be P&L positive on a weekly/monthly basis by then. I have traded live off and on but would do some really stupid stuff and then put myself back on demo where I am now AGAIN!

What is impressing me right now is your entire story of persistence, but what stands out even more that people should pay attention to is the fact that although you burned through $10K, when you finally got focus you were able to battle back and win back half your total out of pocket expenses in less than 6 weeks!!!!!!

You are Awesome. Stay focused and show us all how to slay the beast.

You are kind. Glad I can be a tiny inspiration. This was my secondary reason for starting the Journal. First was to hold myself publicly accountable, second was to help others shorten the learning time. Indeed, just because I spent 10 to 14 years (depending on how you count it), doesn't mean you can't arrive at the same point in 3 and 1/2 years. You seem to be much more self-aware and disciplined than I was at that point.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on May 7, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts