NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

List of FIO traders who have passed the ONEUP Trader Evaluation or funded

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one sstheo with 10 posts (43 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 9 posts (37 thanks)
    3. looks_3 blb014 with 8 posts (7 thanks)
    4. looks_4 lemons with 5 posts (7 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one sdp1969 with 11 thanks per post
    2. looks_two HollywoodTrader with 10.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 sstheo with 4.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 4.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 44,942 views
    2. thumb_up 188 thanks given
    3. group 36 followers
    1. forum 61 posts
    2. attach_file 2 attachments

Search this Thread

List of FIO traders who have passed the ONEUP Trader Evaluation or funded

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,424
Thanks Received: 26,276

CLNymex View Post
I am not taking any names here but I believed each of them until they told me to stop believing them (for example orders not updating the DOM but P&L generated or contract clause violated by the company but not accepted, etc).

I have no particular stake in this, but not naming names essentially tarnishes all such firms, whether guilty of anything or not. Particularly since this is a thread devoted to one such firm, by name. The implication is that there is something crooked with that particular firm.

If some specific firm has engaged in shady practices, it should be called out, by name. The person doing the accusing should also be prepared to substantiate what he or she says, and there should be a reason why he should be believed rather than the firm.

Otherwise, the effect is simply to undercut a company by implication without having to be responsible for backing anything up.

Again, I have no direct knowledge of OneUp, and don't particularly care about them. But it anyone has anything real about them or anyone else, they should be upfront with it.

Bob.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
26 thanks
Diary of a simple price action trader
26 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
23 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
16 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
9 thanks
CLNymex
Mumbai, India

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 17

@bobwest Thanks for your inputs. The intention is never to undercut anything by implication; so if it appears to, my apologies. An individual experience has been shared after being requested to elaborate further. Experiences may and can vary.

I do praise the business model. The app is wonderful too. At least one member has benefited from the app info. If more do, I may have reached my purpose.

Manoj

Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

CLNymex View Post
@bobwest Thanks for your inputs. The intention is never to undercut anything by implication; so if it appears to, my apologies. An individual experience has been shared after being requested to elaborate further. Experiences may and can vary.

I do praise the business model. The app is wonderful too. At least one member has benefited from the app info. If more do, I may have reached my purpose.

Manoj

Thanks for the clarification.

Bob.

lancelottrader 
west palm beach florida usa
Market Wizard

Platform: ninja trader
Broker: Optimus Futures/ Rithmic
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 1,113
Thanks Received: 5,386

I would actually consider doing a OneUp Trader evaluation if I thought it was totally real. I feel I could pass their combine and the rules seem more reasonable than Top Step. A 100 or 150 k account where I could keep 80% of the profits sounds appealing in addition to what I do now.
But if the whole idea on their end is to just profit from monthly subscriptions and they have no interest in having "real " traders as their partners..then I wouldn't bother.
Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be much specific info on any longer term traders with One Up or similar companies. I'm not that arrogant to believe that "I'll be the first to succeed with them..yayyyy"

Failure is not an option
Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

lancelottrader View Post
I would actually consider doing a OneUp Trader evaluation if I thought it was totally real. I feel I could pass their combine and the rules seem more reasonable than Top Step. A 100 or 150 k account where I could keep 80% of the profits sounds appealing in addition to what I do now.
But if the whole idea on their end is to just profit from monthly subscriptions and they have no interest in having "real " traders as their partners..then I wouldn't bother.
Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be much specific info on any longer term traders with One Up or similar companies. I'm not that arrogant to believe that "I'll be the first to succeed with them..yayyyy"

You could follow @Scalpingtrader, who recently passed one and is going to be posting his trading in the OneUp-funded account, as I understand it:

. He has simultaneously funded his own personal account and expects to be moving any OneUp profits over to that account, because the profit split is better (100% ), as is the tax treatment. My impression is that traders often plan to use the "funded" accounts to provide additional funds for their own personal accounts. It's a way to get a leg up on trading without the initial personal risk.

As to the "100 or 150 k account," these numbers refer to the SIM balances of the evaluation/Combine accounts. I believe that, like TST, they limit the traders to a set number of contracts -- initially a small number (I don't know the details of OneUp, but initially TST starts traders off with 2 contracts and lets them ramp up slowly if they are profitable. TST does not have an upper limit, but they want some performance numbers first.) So I wouldn't get all excited about a "150 k account" -- there's a limited amount of buying power available until the traders proves themselves. (Which is spelled out on their websites.)

I think the appeal is more to traders who don't have the funds to trade their own accounts, although many have taken advantage of the accountability to an external party (as well as having a small element of personal risk in the subscription fee) to use the "evaluations" or "Combines" as a better form of SIM.

Bob.

-----------------

UPDATE: It turns out that I was mistaken about the number of contracts allowed at TST. It can be higher initially than I thought, and it scales up according to a scale laid out here: https://help.futures.topstep.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000140787.

It's better to rely on the official word than on my faulty (and not up-to-date) memory.

OneUp may differ.

futuretrader 
Como Italy

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninjatrader, customized
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 471
Thanks Received: 643

CLNymex View Post
That app remains available for something like $57 a month (including exchange data fees) and it gives you as much as the business model by different names do.

What app? where is it available?

Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

It turns out I simplified the TST contract plan in my last post. I fixed it with this update:

bobwest View Post
UPDATE: It turns out that I was mistaken about the number of contracts allowed at TST. It can be higher initially than I thought, and it scales up according to a scale laid out here: https://help.futures.topstep.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000140787.

It's better to rely on the official word than on my faulty (and not up-to-date) memory.

OneUp may differ.

Bob.

CLNymex
Mumbai, India

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 17

futuretrader View Post
What app? where is it available?

email to rithmic.com

HollywoodTrader 
San Diego

Platform: MotiveWave / TOS
Broker: IQFeed
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 24
Thanks Received: 129

Hey gang, well, finally update time...

I may have had my doubts but after taking my time, and playing it safe, I finally was able to make my first withdrawal request today and a few hours later the money posted in my account!!! Whatever is going on the money that hit my account is very, very real.

Treat Yo Self!

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
 blb014 
Dallas, Texas

Platform: TOS
Trading: AAPL, /ES, IWM, SPY Options
Thanks Given: 554
Thanks Received: 187

HollywoodTrader View Post
Hey gang, well, finally update time...

I may have had my doubts but after taking my time, and playing it safe, I finally was able to make my first withdrawal request today and a few hours later the money posted in my account!!! Whatever is going on the money that hit my account is very, very real.

Treat Yo Self!

How long have you been trading with TST? Keep us updated please

Volatility is good for the market and trading.

Preservation of capital is the most important concept for those who want to stay in the trading game for the long haul. - Van Tharp

Last Updated on May 7, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts