NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Larix - MTJ

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Larix with 122 posts (29 thanks)
    2. looks_two MiniP with 3 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 rintin2x with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 20,229 views
    2. thumb_up 30 thanks given
    3. group 5 followers
    1. forum 126 posts
    2. attach_file 66 attachments

Search this Thread

Larix - MTJ

Larix
Moscow/Russia

Thanks Given: 18
Thanks Received: 38

Hi, everyone

want to make my public journal to share some ideas with others + to see how trade looks from other side of the moon: out of RU + to communicate with other members of this forum + also bit practice of eng. lang which is not familiar to me))
work with CFD on currencies
total experience: near 3 years, but better say - I work closely with markets from the Feb of 2017
under the process of building my own strategy + psy control

key tools: EURUSD / USDCAD
work TF: M15-H4
method: waves + fibo + (sometimes) volumes + a bit maths + tons of lazy
style: prefer conservative so I don't update journal too frequently

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
36 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
19 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
19 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
16 thanks
Larix
Moscow/Russia

Euro

Cad

Larix
Moscow/Russia

Larix
Moscow/Russia

euro gives an opportunity

Larix
Moscow/Russia

I made a few trades, not everything is fine
1st trade is my understanding of the market till today. I thought we'll turn back and left it through night. So this is explanation why s/l was so huge.
2nd trade was from toady, I've opened it, but the price stood long in same point, so I've decided to close it + possibility of uptrend remains. On Monday – Tuesday we’ll back till half of last movement and I’ll close current trade.
I think now uptrend takes a pause and we go back with targets 1,2 - 1,205
Don’t know how other markets work, but currencies are very tricky

Larix
Moscow/Russia

Euro gave me nothing but loses
As I wrote before it should goes down, but in a wave down I expected correction, so I made 1,2,3 agressive purchases with short SL and with a small money. But euro has skipped correction for twice! and for trades 4,5 I thought - that's it! and ignored signals for short
Now I have pending order (still consider: leave it or removie it), my opinion about future movements of euro m.b. after today evening news.

Larix
Moscow/Russia

Hi to all,
does anyone trade here gold with online blog? I want to read other expereience m.b. share some ideas

Gold has correlation with euro and I think to try trade them both with same logic. Gold much faster rather currencies, has less noise, more "trending" tool but has some features.
I made a few trades and give logic here.

1st trade:
we renewed last low and I supposed to continue this movement. So, I sold it and added S/L behind the "level" + in euro I saw premises for continuation of price down (I was waiting price movement till 1,2660, loot at pic. in the end of this post). Exit - in accordance with signals from euro.

2nd trade:
I saw accumulation of the volume in euro and gold and added order after last peak, s/l - behind bottom and take some margin - to 1301. I understand what profit-loss ratio wasn't great, so in the 1st point I've closed half of my trade position and left it due my expectations of rising gold & euro

3rd trade:
I added 2nd order with same volume, stop behind the last accumulation of volume in case of rising the price and was waiting continuation of uptrend, but euro & gold takes pause and I again closed 50% of 2nd trade and bit later closed 2nd part.

euro:

So, on my 1st acc yesterday instead of previous aggressive I’ve opened very conservative trade (which made all goals for now).
Now I have half of 1st trade in gold and waiting for correction. I share my minds concerning correction on the picture

Clarifications for gold down trade

Thanked by:
Larix
Moscow/Russia

Euro
This week gave me only 1 trade (frankly speaking, yesterday I could made 3 more trades, but due very conservative method of trade on this account I preferred to skip it)

If look at my prev trade, I added a new one bit higher, why? Because the area marked as a pale red square gave signals for short (but I didn’t short, because it was not right decision: it takes near 2 weeks of downtrend and it takes less then 2 days to achieve 50% of whole downtrend, so uptrend was very strong) , I left order through the night, stop behind this area. It might be my mistake to wait so long instead of fixating partial profit but the beginning was so strong, so I decided to wait. And have closed it with a small profit.

Gold

At the same time I proceed my experiments with gold. As you can see there are 2 problems 1) big stops and 2) unclear goals. I can’t say: it was awesome trades or something. I can say – I just was lucky and made a mistake in analyzing W1 period: and due this mistake instead of open shorts I was waiting end of correction. Same thing with euro. My opinion: on the next week we’ll proceed downtrend.

Larix
Moscow/Russia

This week wasn’t something extraordinary for me.

EURO

On Monday morning market gave signals for buying but shortly after opening I’ve realized it was fake, so I closed trade and just waited for better conditions. In next half hour market gave signals for sell. I opened trade and left it – Monday always busy day + I thought we’ll continue downtrend, so I left it till evening. Instead of downtrend it goes up, so I closed it manually. On Wednesday market gave signal for short and I sell, it was a small deal because market at the moment was unclear and could run back, so I’ve closed it with small profit.

GOLD

Gold made me losses but due 1/4 of normal lot in 3 of 4 trades it looks not so bad
My 1st trade I made with expectation of downtrend and 2nd lot (full volume) gave me 2/3 of all losses
2nd trade was small + but I’ve closed it because price renewed highs I thought – ok, now correction and we’ll proceed uptrend (red arrow), so for 3rd trade I left buy order through the night. It might wasn’t right decision but I thought if price goes down it skipped my order if goes up when it takes me too
It was unclear for trade situation chances were 50/50 I have to do something with trade strategy to work in small areas such this or just wait (last trade wasn’t wise decision. Trading euro simultaneously I skipped this purchase.)

Publish it with some delay because I’m bit sick now (and today missed very good profitable trade on euro). Euro waits the news on Wed and I expect very strong serious movement from that point.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 16, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts