NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Larix - MTJ

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Larix with 122 posts (29 thanks)
    2. looks_two MiniP with 3 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 rintin2x with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 19,952 views
    2. thumb_up 30 thanks given
    3. group 5 followers
    1. forum 126 posts
    2. attach_file 66 attachments

Search this Thread

Larix - MTJ

Larix
Moscow/Russia

Thanks Given: 18
Thanks Received: 38

Last week was mostly non-tradable for me because I expected shorts in gold but instead of shorts it makes serious longs. SO I just skipped it (and made non-successful short).

euro

Meanwhile euro gave me workable situation on Friday but it was so slow during whole day so I decided to close (end of week + evening). As you can see It wasn’t right decision. But I prefer take guaranteed profit instead of take possible losses (on Monday situation could be very different)

On this week market give different signals but on March of 28 I got signal for strong sails. Open trade from market and added one more in queue later. But instead of proceeding downtrend price stood in small range. It was big concern for me, especially when gold moves down (but also VERY slowly). I already was in such situations before: euro gives a signal for good shorts/longs but instead of moving in right direction it standby and reverse. So I quit. And again was wrong.

gold

Same thing with gold. I also added extra lot, but I closed all trades when price stood. Better be in small, but profit and waiting for a better conditions instead of losses
Yesterday I’ve opened aggressive longs with simple logic: we make good movement and need correction. But instead of possible ups gold gave signal for downs. But also didn’t make any movement. So I wait for a better conditions now.

Euro (again) skipped important news and stays in small area

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
26 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
Larix
Moscow/Russia

gold

This week on Mon, Tue, Wed I was out of the market . On evening of Wed when I came back I saw an opportunity and left the order. Wonderful thing about gold is its possibility of moving through night. While currencies just stand, gold works! I also skipped news and now I’m in position, hope in right direction with 1/2 of full lot.

Larix
Moscow/Russia

Look like I have to show someth for last 2 weeks
Cant say it was a perfect weeks.
Gold

I need more experience in work with gold. Anyway I make some remarks to my plane concerning this one.
Last week it gave me 50/50, on current week I could short from gray rectangle but I got a few (but painful) losses on euro so I choose to stay away from the market and wait till price left both rectangles
Added info about size of each lot

Euro

I hate this pair. Instead of doing something it stood and made strage things
There were 2 strong signals to purchase

Cad

Canadian $ became more clear for me now so I sold and bought it and 1 order in delay. The question – shell I understand current movement as correction or strong uptrend is continuing?

Pound

British pound starts a new round of downtrend, so I placed 2 orders and 1 have closed partially.

Thanked by:

rintin2x 
salt lake utah

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: CQG
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 634
Thanks Received: 542

Hi, do you use indicator? I’m pretty amazed by people that trading without it. Looks like you’re doing pretty good, keep it up.

Larix
Moscow/Russia

Hello, rintin2x
Thank you for your words, I use different approaches to trade and in some cases I can use volume profile and very rarely simple MA. But prefer see clear chart
Indicators are not bad but (as I think) trader should use it as supplementary.
I could share some of my trade ideas if people from this forum want to hear it

rintin2x 
salt lake utah

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: CQG
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 634
Thanks Received: 542

@Larix I have the feeling the approach is almost the same as mine, that's why I thought I write something here, but I still have problem let the trade works 95% of the time and I don't do overnight too.

Larix
Moscow/Russia

rintin2x View Post
@Larix but I still have problem let the trade works 95% of the time and I don't do overnight too.

Could you please clarify.
To give "trade works" you have to know where are points A and B (start and end) and how price works between them.

Thanked by:
Larix
Moscow/Russia

This week didn’t give anything special. I continue work on my trade system. Still need more experience.

Gold

Gave 1 trade only. Frankly speaking I was more focused on CAD & GBP rather than gold. On the next week I expect to watch correction. 1/4 of full lot.

CAD

Was very slowly – reason why I’ve stated to close 1st purchase partially. And 2nd purchase which I made was unsuccessfully, better say I was watching how price works on others tools and how reacts CAD. Looks like on the next week CAD turns back. So I made very conservative delay order, stop position doesn’t matter – till Monday I don’t expect serious movement.

Quoting 
how price works between them.

CAD is exactly about it. Instead of doing uptrand work it freeze. If it's frozen - it accomulates volume.

I think CAD goes down, it's still possible to reach uptrend goal (if I compare how CAD goes down and how it goes up. up movement is much preferable) but current signals for short

GBP

Last money was taken by TP. Week over, 9 days it was a downtrend with weak corrections, so from the new week I expect to watch accumulation and correction. My own opinion – since 17 of April pound started a new subtrend.

Larix
Moscow/Russia

This week wasn’t awesome. I trade GBP only

GBP

After accumulation GBP simply fell down and I took losses. But it was aggressive purchase with 1/4 of full lot. Now Im also looking for a purchases just because there are a few reasons: 1) low volatility – for last 3 days we made near 100 points – for GBP it isn’t awesome 2) 2 important news were passed without reaction 3) we still don’t have any correction 4) we are on another possible reversal point

P. S. I hate Windows!

Larix
Moscow/Russia

Oil\Brent (CFD)

Hello everyone, who trades oil?

I try to understand how this tool works and I think we coming now in the area of possible reverse (correction). Does anyone has any ideas ?

Last Updated on April 16, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts