NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Safin's Trading Journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one safin with 259 posts (329 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 29 posts (26 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Jeff Castille with 22 posts (22 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Fat Tails with 9 posts (16 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Fat Tails with 1.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two safin with 1.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Jeff Castille with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 0.9 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 57,022 views
    2. thumb_up 422 thanks given
    3. group 16 followers
    1. forum 352 posts
    2. attach_file 382 attachments

Search this Thread

Safin's Trading Journal

safin 
London, Ontario

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, CL Futures
Thanks Given: 147
Thanks Received: 340

Sep-7
-------

Ok, so I have decided to do live trading today. Unfortunately losing day. But good test of my patience.

Total profit : -100$ (1 trade, my setup, live account)
I was very excited in morning. Looking for good entries. I saw a nice setup around 10.20am. Support line at 72.84. CL touched this price two times in early morning and it touched this price again around 10am. I entered short at 72.82. This was my first trade, so I decided to go with just 1 target of 7 ticks and stop of 10 ticks. I don't know what happened, this was a strong setup. CL took my order, moved 1 tick and came back to hit my stop. After that it started drawing zig zag narrow ranges. So I decided to stay away from trading for the day. There were few good moves by CL, but all unpredictable for me. So better to stay away from live trading. I did one trade on SIM, and ofcourse that was a winner. On 15 mins chart, there were coulple of inside bars but all unaffordable to me.

I will try again tomorrow to see if I can get a profitable trade on live account. Any advise before going to live trading is welcome. Have a good day.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CL 5 mins.png
Views:	195
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	19851   Click image for larger version

Name:	CL 15 mins.png
Views:	187
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	19852  
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
31 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
28 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,215
Thanks Received: 101,602

safin View Post
Any advise before going to live trading is welcome.

I believe you've demonstrated you have an edge, the focus of live vs sim needs to be all on execution --- your live trades need to closely resemble/mimic your sim trades. Any time they do not, you must learn from it, you must institute corrective action, you must resolve the discrepancy of live vs. sim. Do this, and you will be on your way.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 safin 
London, Ontario

Big Mike View Post
I believe you've demonstrated you have an edge, the focus of live vs sim needs to be all on execution --- your live trades need to closely resemble/mimic your sim trades. Any time they do not, you must learn from it, you must institute correction action, you must resolve the discrepancy of live vs. sim. Do this, and you will be on your way.

Mike

Thank you mike. Point noted. I hope I will overcome my nervousness and continue normal trading.

Thanked by:

jagui 
Italy - Roma

Platform: Ninja + proprietary
Broker: IB
Trading: Index futures, Forex, Stocks
Thanks Given: 298
Thanks Received: 314

safin View Post
Total profit : -100$ (1 trade, my setup, live account)
I was very excited in morning. Looking for good entries. I saw a nice setup around 10.20am. Support line at 72.84. CL touched this price two times in early morning and it touched this price again around 10am. I entered short at 72.82. This was my first trade, so I decided to go with just 1 target of 7 ticks and stop of 10 ticks.

I admit I did not read the entire thread, so I don't know where your edge is, but the first thing I thinked looking at this trade was "this stop is too tigth, it is even inside the same 5min bar of the entry".
Where this stop came from? Was it a meaningful price level?

Thanked by:
 safin 
London, Ontario

jagui View Post
I admit I did not read the entire thread, so I don't know where your edge is, but the first thing I thinked looking at this trade was "this stop is too tigth, it is even inside the same 5min bar of the entry".
Where this stop came from? Was it a meaningful price level?

Hi Jagui,

Thanks for your feedback. I know lot of CL traders think 10 ticks stop is very small. But it has been working for me since I started my thread. My method is looking for desperate s/r breakouts, where usually there is no looking back from CL if my analysis is right. I do lose occasionally when I couldn't find proper s/r levels or else when I try to trade during news time. Still not 100% method, but it does the job for me. I hope I will keep the same method for live trades as well. Ofcourse there are lot of emotions with live trading, and it's hard to keep up with the plan.

Thank you for dropping by.

Shabdar

PiCoTrader
Montreal

Thanks Given: 149
Thanks Received: 48

Bonjour Safin,

I thought everybody trading in the skype trade room was trading live.

So now Live you will learn a lot about why you did not enter but would have easily entered Sim.

We can practice our strategy forever but Live Trading and melting portfolio makes us hesitate a lot before pulling the trigger.
That's why I end up not trading my best setups. I hesitate too much and for too long then the trade is gone and I have to wait for another opportunity where I will ask myself again 'would I enter on the right side of the market?' hesitating too much again and missing another trade and so on...lol

I don't question myself that much on the replay at night and should trade Live at the same opportunities. I'm working on it!

I give you the right to doubt, hesitate and keep your money this week. The hesitation curse is on you now but we will make it some day, we have to!

Safin this is the Rosh Hashana Jewish holiday starting today ' happy Rosh Hashana to every one concerned'.
The market is led by the Jewish community so don't expect market behavior to be consistent or strong this week but expect your trades to be winners anyway ;-)

safin 
London, Ontario

PiCoTrader View Post
Bonjour Safin,

I thought everybody trading in the skype trade room was trading live.

So now Live you will learn a lot about why you did not enter but would have easily entered Sim.

We can practice our strategy forever but Live Trading and melting portfolio makes us hesitate a lot before pulling the trigger.
That's why I end up not trading my best setups. I hesitate too much and for too long then the trade is gone and I have to wait for another opportunity where I will ask myself again 'would I enter on the right side of the market?' hesitating too much again and missing another trade and so on...lol

I don't question myself that much on the replay at night and should trade Live at the same opportunities. I'm working on it!

I give you the right to doubt, hesitate and keep your money this week. The hesitation curse is on you now but we will make it some day, we have to!

Safin this is the Rosh Hashana Jewish holiday starting today ' happy Rosh Hashana to every one concerned'.
The market is led by the Jewish community so don't expect market behavior to be consistent or strong this week but expect your trades to be winners anyway ;-)

Thanks Pico for dropping by and sharing your experience with Live trades. You're right, it's lot hard to pull triggers when your hard earned money is on bet. Let's see how it goes. Yes I am hesitating a lot.

I did mentioned about my Sim trading for couple of weeks or months in my first post. May be I should have mentioned it in Chat room as well.

safin 
London, Ontario

Sep-8
--------

No trades today. CL was ranging enough to confuse me. There were 1-2 chances to enter, but I didn't go for it because of low probability trades. Check out charts for more details. No IBs/OBs for me today.

Attached Thumbnails

Views:	171
Size:	184.5 KB
ID:	19915   Click image for larger version

Views:	181
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	19916  
 safin 
London, Ontario

Sep-9
-------

Total Profit : 0$ (1 trade, my setup)
E-mini's contact expiration day plus Jewish holiday. Market was very steep in morning. I saw a nice setup at 10.20am. Support line at 75.50. CL touched this price couple of times. Very strong setup. So I shorted at 75.49 with 7 ticks target, 10 ticks stop. CL moved 3 ticks and started going in negative territory. I waited for 2 minutes. It was a false breakout. Exited at break-even as soon as I could.

After this setup Natural Gas Storage news at 10.30am and Oil inventory report at 11am. So I decided to stay away.

At lunch time, when I was away, CL suddenly jumped in down direction. There was one small opportunity to short there after a small pullback, but I guess I wouldn't have taken it because of lunch time.

Attached Thumbnails

Views:	185
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	19960   Click image for larger version

Views:	149
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	19961  
Thanked by:
 safin 
London, Ontario

10-Sep
---------

No trades today. I was away for some personal work. Next week should be a good one I guess. Lot of choppiness in market this week. Not so many good opportunities.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Last Updated on March 30, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts