NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Is it Worth It!!!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one navionpilot with 27 posts (26 thanks)
    2. looks_two Rrrracer with 16 posts (41 thanks)
    3. looks_3 kevinkdog with 9 posts (44 thanks)
    4. looks_4 rintin2x with 6 posts (5 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Blash with 6.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two kevinkdog with 4.9 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Rrrracer with 2.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 navionpilot with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 34,344 views
    2. thumb_up 263 thanks given
    3. group 25 followers
    1. forum 104 posts
    2. attach_file 7 attachments

Search this Thread

Is it Worth It!!!

rassi 
the congo

Experience: Advanced
Platform: North sea oil rig
Trading: Cl
Thanks Given: 1,563
Thanks Received: 1,199

Grantx View Post
Interesting. If I might add that uncertainty and an over cautious approach is also a crippling malaise. Majority of movement is random and you have an edge if you can find sequences that are less than random. I see some great trade ideas in the various threads here but a lot of the time people just not giving their trades a chance to develop.
So for instance if you are watching bullish price action and you get a progression of strong buying candles you have to ask yourself what the odds are of continuation before the inevitable pullback? Adam Grimes has this binomial tree image that I always think of:

In this example and watching “bullish” candles you have to ask is it initiative buying or lack of selling

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements

Pedro40
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Thanks Given: 33
Thanks Received: 379

kevinkdog View Post
If you are going to quote me, please quote me completely.

My bad, I didn't read that long.

That being said, at most work you are guaranteed a pay off. Let's just say both of us are right.

Thanked by:

Rrrracer 
On the road
Webinar Host
Trading Nomad

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TradingView
Broker: Oanda
Trading: FX
Thanks Given: 17,582
Thanks Received: 9,752

planetmoto View Post
Hello Grant, I haven't forgot about your post. Dealing with the process of losing a relative to liver cancer at the moment, which we were not expecting as we were told the earlier treatment was effective until Doctor's realized it actually wasn't(there are so many lousy physicians out there scares me to think what has happened to our medical school and specialization standards) So it's been a rough start to 2018. I'll give you a detailed reply shortly when I have a free moment to go into it.

Very sorry to hear that man.

navionpilot View Post
Well its going i guess. I think i have a direction to go in now. I had a dream about candle sticks the other night. Is that noraml?

LOL. You must have trading on the brain. I've definitely dreamt about situations before and actually had a couple of revelations that stuck with me the next day. Can't say they've helped my trading though

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 navionpilot 
MERIDIAN MS/USA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Emini ES
Thanks Given: 50
Thanks Received: 26

Well, i just hope I make it to the end where I can start telling people that I'm a day trader. I think that's pretty cool and it will be even cooler to tell people I can make money at it! Maybe One day!

Hey, I have a question for you. Which markets are good to look at during the night? Like, see between 9:00 pm and Midnight?

Started this thread Reply With Quote

Rrrracer 
On the road
Webinar Host
Trading Nomad

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TradingView
Broker: Oanda
Trading: FX
Thanks Given: 17,582
Thanks Received: 9,752

Check this out:

Basically not much unless you're willing to pony up to play in the Asian markets.

Most of the usual markets are open, just not a lot of participation until later on. Euro/London session starts rolling around 1AM EST and is fully underway by 2AM.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on January 12, 2018

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts