NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Saxobank as a broker

Discussion in Commodities

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one myrrdin with 6 posts (9 thanks)
    2. looks_two FrazMann with 5 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Viking132 with 4 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 tr8er with 3 posts (6 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two tr8er with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 myrrdin with 1.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 suko with 1.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 6,811 views
    2. thumb_up 29 thanks given
    3. group 10 followers
    1. forum 27 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments

Saxobank as a broker

tr8er 
Europe
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TradeNavigator, BookMap
Trading: ES, CL, 6E, 6B
Thanks Given: 220
Thanks Received: 709

Viking132 View Post
Based in the UK I started trading with Saxo Pro a few months ago, as an introduction to micro futures trading the ESH2.
I am a bit disappointed as mid-way through March, even though I had paid my subscription for the Chicago Mercantile Exchange, Saxo removed the instrument !

Every time I have made an enquiry about the removal, on their chat box etc, I am just being ignored. Really strange.

Is this normal practise for a platform or do they remove micro charts as & when necessary?

Not sure if I understand your comment correct, but Saxo has not removed ESH2, ESH2 expired some weeks ago and is not available anymore. We are trading ESM2 or MESM2.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
43 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
30 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
21 thanks

Viking132 
Lancaster / England

Experience: Beginner
Platform: MetaTrader
Trading: Gold
Thanks Given: 19
Thanks Received: 3

tr8er View Post
Not sure if I understand your comment correct, but Saxo has not removed ESH2, ESH2 expired some weeks ago and is not available anymore. We are trading ESM2 or MESM2.

What do you mean by 'expired' ?. LOL. Surely a decent firm would give a reason for expiry & let it's customers know why they couldn't trade the instrument any longer.

tr8er 
Europe
Legendary Market Wizard

Viking132 View Post
What do you mean by 'expired' ?. LOL. Surely a decent firm would give a reason for expiry & let it's customers know why they couldn't trade the instrument any longer.

LOL, sorry expiry has nothing to do with a decent firm, it comes from the exchange.

Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,464
Thanks Received: 26,278

Viking132 View Post
Based in the UK I started trading with Saxo Pro a few months ago, as an introduction to micro futures trading the ESH2.
I am a bit disappointed as mid-way through March, even though I had paid my subscription for the Chicago Mercantile Exchange, Saxo removed the instrument !

tr8er View Post

@Viking132, futures contracts expire. This is something that you should be aware of if you are trading them, so it's good this happened, actually. Now you will know.

The "H" contract (as in ESH2) expires in March (the H in the symbol is for March, the "2" in the symbol is for 2022). They didn't just remove the contract, trading in it ended. This is why it disappeared in March, as you said.

The current contract is the "M", as in ESM2, which expires in June of 2022. When it expires, trading in it will end too. (The June 22 contract has its last trade on 17 June 22.) You still have your subscription with the CME, and you can use it with the ESM2 contract.

Traders should always know what their expiration date is, and when they should roll over to the next contract. They must be out before expiration, however, if they are not going to go to settlement (another subject.) Generally, people will roll out to the next one a week before expiration, or will wait until the volume in the next contract exceeds that of the old one, which will be close to the same time, or a day or so later.

This is the trader's job to understand, by the way. This is fundamental to futures trading, so it's good you are encountering it early.

You can check the schedule for current and future contracts here: https://www.cmegroup.com/trading/equity-index/us-index/e-mini-sandp500_product_calendar.html

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote

Viking132 
Lancaster / England

Thanks for putting me straight Bob. Lot to learn obviously. Apologies to Saxo Trading, but I was just frustrated when I had just got all my charts set up etc & boom.
egg

Thanked by:

Viking132 
Lancaster / England

tr8er View Post
LOL, sorry expiry has nothing to do with a decent firm, it comes from the exchange.

Thanks tr8er, for helping an old fool out. I had actually read about the the letters/ months associated with Futures Trading but I thought it didn't apply to micro & mini, but just the main contracts that Pro's trade.

I didn't even twig with your response, which suggests I am not bright enough to trade Futures in the first place. LOL. (a stroke 3 years ago doesn't help either)

You live & learn, Cheers ......

Thanked by:

tr8er 
Europe
Legendary Market Wizard

Viking132 View Post
Thanks tr8er, for helping an old fool out. I had actually read about the the letters/ months associated with Futures Trading but I thought it didn't apply to micro & mini, but just the main contracts that Pro's trade.

I didn't even twig with your response, which suggests I am not bright enough to trade Futures in the first place. LOL. (a stroke 3 years ago doesn't help either)

You live & learn, Cheers ......

No problem, the community is here to help and it has nothing to do if you are bright enough or not, everything will come with experience and screen-time. I guess you are coming from the CFD area (because you are using Metatrader), but as already said futures act ab bit different, I'm sure you will learn it soon. Trade well, cheers

Thanked by:

mrburns 
Prague, Czechia

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierrachart + Denali, TV
Broker: EdgeClear, IB
Trading: 6B, UB, ZN, CL, HG, GC
Thanks Given: 26
Thanks Received: 15

Viking132 View Post
Thanks for putting me straight Bob. Lot to learn obviously. Apologies to Saxo Trading, but I was just frustrated when I had just got all my charts set up etc & boom.

egg

Well, good mature trading platform should let trader know about upcoming expiratiob and allow to do full chart rollover
Sierra Chart for example does so.
I d be surprised, if Saxo's platform do not have same functionality.

Sent using the nexusfi.com mobile app

Last Updated on April 6, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts