NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Bressert Double Smoother Stochastics

Discussion in NinjaTrader

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one edward40 with 11 posts (0 thanks)
    2. looks_two Fat Tails with 11 posts (19 thanks)
    3. looks_3 planetmoto with 8 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 renvik with 2 posts (1 thanks)
    1. trending_up 11,586 views
    2. thumb_up 22 thanks given
    3. group 10 followers
    1. forum 35 posts
    2. attach_file 6 attachments

Search this Thread

Bressert Double Smoother Stochastics

planetmoto 
freasno, ca usa

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ninja trader
Trading: forex
Thanks Given: 51
Thanks Received: 85

edward40 View Post
I am getting hit pretty hard here, so let me explain. First off, I had prior knowledge of the value of this site and many things Fat Tails has done here, or who he was. Also, what I have noticed now, vs. say 10 years ago, is everyone related to trading is now asking for money. Trading rooms, Premium youtube channels DVD's for $800, $100 to join here, $495 for this, $147 a month for that. It get's to be a bit much when I am on the sidelines right now, viewing, planning and testing theories in order to get a plan together.

I am not 100% sure I will settle on NinjaTrader in the end since it seems to lack basic functionality like POC, Volume Profile etc. It's a big world out here of charting and brokerage software and I am testing several platforms.

I understand the feeling Edward, I think many have felt what you are feeling at one point or another. Fat tails is one of many contributors, who has fixed or written dozens of indicators and made them available at no charge to BM members that is just one aspect of what is offered here; the other is a moderated community to help wannabe traders discuss the world of trading and services with the few who have made it or figured out a thing or two along the way of salesman, indicators,trading rooms,scammers, legit tools and education materials. Good luck testing out diff platforms most are pretty decent for what you need, can you find everything available here online for free...Yes and No. If your not wanting to pay keep searching out on the web, if you come to realize what you want is not out there then join Elite

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

planetmoto 
freasno, ca usa

Platform: ninja trader
Trading: forex
Thanks Given: 51
Thanks Received: 85

edward40 View Post
I am getting hit pretty hard here, so let me explain. First off, I had prior knowledge of the value of this site and many things Fat Tails has done here, or who he was. Also, what I have noticed now, vs. say 10 years ago, is everyone related to trading is now asking for money. Trading rooms, Premium youtube channels DVD's for $800, $100 to join here, $495 for this, $147 a month for that. It get's to be a bit much when I am on the sidelines right now, viewing, planning and testing theories in order to get a plan together.

I am not 100% sure I will settle on NinjaTrader in the end since it seems to lack basic functionality like POC, Volume Profile etc. It's a big world out here of charting and brokerage software and I am testing several platforms.

One last thing I will suggest if you want to test MP,VolPro,POC go with TOS(free with funded account) or SIERRA Chart/ Infinity fut AT (1 example, offers the platform for free if you if you trade enough) also TradeStation (free platform now available) any one of those has the tools available for free where as Ninja will cost you to get a complete versions of those Indy's I believe, best of luck

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

sandptrader 
Valdosta, GA. U.S.A

Platform: Sierra , TOS
Trading: 6E, ES, CL, GC
Thanks Given: 1,881
Thanks Received: 472

hey guys is there a Version of FatTails Double Smoothed Stochastic available Ninjatrader 8
even BrDSS Indicator @edward40 .....i cannot find this Indicator for Ninjatrader 8
Please Message me if you know where i can get this....
Thanks in advance.

sandptrader 
Valdosta, GA. U.S.A

Platform: Sierra , TOS
Trading: 6E, ES, CL, GC
Thanks Given: 1,881
Thanks Received: 472

@Fat Tails is your DSS Indicator been Released for Ninjatrader 8 ?
i have it for Ninjatrader 7
If Possible could you let me know any updates concerning that Indicator.
Thank you for any response

Fat Tails 
Berlin, Europe
Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader, MultiCharts
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: Keyboard
Thanks Given: 4,242
Thanks Received: 27,103

sandptrader View Post
@Fat Tails is your DSS Indicator been Released for Ninjatrader 8 ?
i have it for Ninjatrader 7
If Possible could you let me know any updates concerning that Indicator.
Thank you for any response

Already coded both DSS by William Blau and by Walter Bressert for NT8. Currently testing. Release is imminent.

Thanked by:

Fat Tails 
Berlin, Europe
Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader, MultiCharts
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: Keyboard
Thanks Given: 4,242
Thanks Received: 27,103

Just posted the Double Smoothed Stochastics by Walter Bressert.

The Double Stochastics by Walter Bressert ships with NinjaTrader, but the NinjaTrader version has a few limitations:

- The lookback period for smoothing the %K line is preset to 3 and cannot be changed.
- There is no signal line.
- The NinjaTrader default version can only be applied to price, but not to other indicators.

These 3 issues are all adressed with the enhanced version, which allows for setting the period for smoothing the %K line, comes with a signal line and may be applied to other indicators.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on August 24, 2018

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts