NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Veritasfuturestrading.com looks great!

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one jmh13 with 40 posts (2 thanks)
    2. looks_two Cloudy with 13 posts (12 thanks)
    3. looks_3 kevinkdog with 10 posts (26 thanks)
    4. looks_4 estrade with 9 posts (3 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one kevinkdog with 2.6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two GuyMM with 1.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 TheBenefactor with 1.7 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Cloudy with 0.9 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 62,381 views
    2. thumb_up 117 thanks given
    3. group 30 followers
    1. forum 122 posts
    2. attach_file 5 attachments

Search this Thread

Veritasfuturestrading.com looks great!

Kaimu 
Madrid - Spain

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninja
Trading: ES,NQ
Thanks Given: 883
Thanks Received: 346

nightangel0203 View Post
I signed up for a trial and I can see with his dom that it was a real account. He trades 3 lots and I saw t of his lots get filled and those other 2 got filled on the next bar. Plus real accounts have a "!" in them which he has. I have seen him trade down $2,000 and still end the day plus $1,500. Just saying

"!" This is not real proof that is trading a real account

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
31 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
28 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks

Silvester17 
Columbus, OH
Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: NT 8, TOS
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 5,139
Thanks Received: 11,527

ignacio90 View Post
"!" This is not real proof that is trading a real account

this is actually interesting

with nt 7, you can't create a sim account with a punctuation mark like a "!". so when you see a "live dom" account with a "!", I would say it is a real account.

on the other hand with nt 8, you can use punctuation marks to create a sim account. wonder why that is? maybe @NinjaTrader could clarify.

Thanked by:

NinjaTrader  NinjaTrader is an official Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Web: NinjaTrader
AMA: Ask Me Anything
Webinars: NinjaTrader Webinars
Elite offer: Click here

Thanks Given: 203
Thanks Received: 2,686

Silvester17 View Post
this is actually interesting

with nt 7, you can't create a sim account with a punctuation mark like a "!". so when you see a "live dom" account with a "!", I would say it is a real account.

on the other hand with nt 8, you can use punctuation marks to create a sim account. wonder why that is? maybe @NinjaTrader could clarify.

Sure, the clarification comes in the form of C# programming:

In NT7, the “!” is a character that delimited three field of data, FCM Name, Account Name and Display Name. NT7 relied on this character to be able to parse out these three fields thus it wasn’t an allowable within user defined simulation account names. Since NT8 was redesigned, we added these three fields of data as properties of the Account class eliminating the need to parse strings and ultimately having cleaner code design.

Disclosure: This communication is sent to you by NinjaTrader, LLC, a software development company which owns and supports all proprietary technology relating to and including the NinjaTrader trading platform.
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 prisoner6 
Dallas, TX

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader, IB
Trading: GC, CL, ZS
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 41

I've been in the Veritas trading room for a month or so, and have to say I'm somewhat disappointed.

Bob relies on Order Flow, and has a $995 piece of software that will show you what he is watching. He doesn't push the software much, unlike some rooms. I personally have not been able to make much heads or tails out of what is being displayed - looks like a graphic representation of the number of buy and sell orders clustered around the current market price, and there usually seems to be about an equal number of green and red bars ranged around the current price, just as you'll see on your DOM.

His style is trading is heavily based on momentum. On a day when trends don't extend, he will do badly. On a big trending day, he can do very well.

The problem is that he's always buying or selling at or near highs or lows, respectively. As an example today, Cattle (he likes to trade cattle) was moving up, peaking at around 108.375. He talked about buying it there, it pulled back to 108.150, and then rallied to the days high at 108.900. At that point (108.850), he was talking about buying it AGAIN, for a scalp move to 109.075. Of course, 108.900 double top was the high of the day, and cattle proceeded to fall to 106.600, a move of 2.3 points (!). Finally, at around 107.4, he mentioned that cattle "might be" a sell, a full 1.5 points from the top. Yes, it did drop another .80 points, but he missed 2/3rds of the move before calling it. And continued calling it a sell near the lows, when it rallied into the close.

I'd like to ask him, with this much vaunted order flow, why can't he see order flow changing from the buy side to the sell side near or after a peak, and then get short much closer to the top with a lower risk, than buying or selling breakouts, after much of the move is over? As gold was making new highs today at 1331-1332, he mentioned that gold was a buy. Where was he when gold was at 1326? or 1328? Gold did peak at 1334.5, so it was possible to make something off the trade, but he's only going for 10 ticks on his first 2 lots, and then let the 3rd go for a runner. Oftentimes, he'll take a trade off for 3-4 ticks, and then make a big thing about it. Gold peaked at 1334.5, and then dropped to 1330. Now, there was no sell signal at 1334.5, but there was a good opportunity to short it after the top around 1333, giving a $3 downmove. But he kept calling gold a buy as it was going up, until he stopped mentioning it.

It's funny, he talks all the time about how he's not a "breakout trader", but that's exactly what he's doing. Something is making a new high - yep, it's time to buy! Making a new low? Time to sell! When there's a lot of volatility and things are trending that kind of thing can work, but most of the time, it's a recipe for getting whipsawed.

Most days it seems he starts off with a substantial loss on the first couple of trades (down $600-1000), and then works his way back to break even, or even some profit. So, perhaps letting him get the losers out of the way first is the thing to do.

Like most trading room moderators, he blames the markets quite a bit. Today, he continually bemoaned how "dead" the markets were. And yet, Cattle had a 2.3 [point downmove that he missed most of, the NQ went up 25 and down 25 points, Gold had a $9 range, Crude had a 65 point upmove followed by a 80 point downmove, etc. Plenty of movement there to make good trades off of, unless you're buying the highs and selling the lows.

He's like a kid who wants instant gratification. If he doesn't get his move in a minute, then he's mentally moved on to the next chart. If he's not seeing movement RIGHT NOW, then the markets are dead and there's no volatility.

Good points about the room are that he doesn't spout a bunch of nonsense, for the most part. Mostly he stays focused on the markets, and keeps an eye on a number of them, including some esoteric ones (cocoa, coffee, FDAX, natural gas). He doesn't push his software or add-ons. And he tends to stay in the room for most of the trading day - this may be because he has to keep trading to overcome his early losses to end up in the green (which he often does, but it can be an exhausting process), but at least if you're not there first thing in the morning, he's still likely to be around, unlike many rooms which close up shop at 10 AM central, whether they win or lose. He will try his best to get anyone who's not profitable on the day into profit, if you advise him of such.

It seems he gets around $1000 a day average, trading 3 lots, but I must say, so far from what I've seen, it can be a tough road to hoe. Personally, I don't think it's the style of trading I aspire to.

BeastModeTrader24 
Seattle Washington/United States

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Mini ES
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 6

Hi everyone this is my experience over the past few months with the Veritas Trading Room.

Overview: The moderator/owner Bob is a very good trader who uses order flow to gauge short term market direction. He follows roughly 15 markets but places the majority of his trades in the NQ, CL, LE, GC, FDAX, and NG markets. He also trades to a lesser extent some currencies, coffee, sugar and the eMini S&P.

His trading style is reactive to what he is seeing at the moment and it can be difficult to adjust to his movement from instrument to instrument. He normally trades 3 contracts (6 for the NQ, or 2 for ZB) and has a 10 tick target where he sells 2 contracts while leaving a runner and moving his stop to break-even. His losses tend to be reasonable except for the occasional stinker.

His knowledge of the market is quite good, especially to anyone (like me) who is looking to follow a successful trader.

He trades in full view with his DOM and accurately accepts losses as part of his performance record. He also calls out verbal trades and helps traders in the room manage trades that he has not taken and are not part of his room total/record.

His manner is pleasant and does not grate on me as have some room moderators.

He can be reached via telephone as well as by email. He's accessible and generous with free room trials (now $10).

His style of trading can be a bit daunting to try to emulate even though he is very good about giving notice when possible about entering trades. I think following him while sim trading during a trial week or two would best suit most traders.

In my opinnion he is a very good trader who would be well worth looking at for any trader who needs to either learn a successful approach or wants to sit in the co-pilot chair instead of making their own trade calls.

The Veritas Trading Room is not inexpensive but you more than likely can make an arrangement for a monthly payment that is agreeable to everyone.

The hours are good and getting better. Soon they will be 3:30 AM 'til about 12:00 then re-open again after roll-over for about 90 minutes. There is also a Members Skype where members talk and Bob will suggest trades.

Bob also frequently holds saturday morning educational webinars.

You can trade along with Bob either with or without having an order flow indicator but you won't be learning too quickly without it. This is a personal decision. I have held off for now.

I've experienced all the good and bad of the room and quite honestly the good does far outweigh the bad. Try a few $10 weekly trials and answer all of your questions for yourself.

Thanks for reading, BeastModeTrader24...

Thanked by:
lorenzoP
venice

Thanks Received: 3

here i see 2 people speaking well about Veritas Trading Room, with 2 post each since 2016

Thanked by:

phantomtrader 
Reno, Nevada
Legendary Market Wizard

Trading: ZN, ZB, CL
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 217
Thanks Received: 990

BeastModeTrader24 View Post
Hi everyone this is my experience over the past few months with the Veritas Trading Room.

Overview: The moderator/owner Bob is a very good trader who uses order flow to gauge short term market direction. He follows roughly 15 markets but places the majority of his trades in the NQ, CL, LE, GC, FDAX, and NG markets. He also trades to a lesser extent some currencies, coffee, sugar and the eMini S&P.

His trading style is reactive to what he is seeing at the moment and it can be difficult to adjust to his movement from instrument to instrument. He normally trades 3 contracts (6 for the NQ, or 2 for ZB) and has a 10 tick target where he sells 2 contracts while leaving a runner and moving his stop to break-even. His losses tend to be reasonable except for the occasional stinker.

His knowledge of the market is quite good, especially to anyone (like me) who is looking to follow a successful trader.

He trades in full view with his DOM and accurately accepts losses as part of his performance record. He also calls out verbal trades and helps traders in the room manage trades that he has not taken and are not part of his room total/record.

His manner is pleasant and does not grate on me as have some room moderators.

He can be reached via telephone as well as by email. He's accessible and generous with free room trials (now $10).

His style of trading can be a bit daunting to try to emulate even though he is very good about giving notice when possible about entering trades. I think following him while sim trading during a trial week or two would best suit most traders.

In my opinnion he is a very good trader who would be well worth looking at for any trader who needs to either learn a successful approach or wants to sit in the co-pilot chair instead of making their own trade calls.

The Veritas Trading Room is not inexpensive but you more than likely can make an arrangement for a monthly payment that is agreeable to everyone.

The hours are good and getting better. Soon they will be 3:30 AM 'til about 12:00 then re-open again after roll-over for about 90 minutes. There is also a Members Skype where members talk and Bob will suggest trades.

Bob also frequently holds saturday morning educational webinars.

You can trade along with Bob either with or without having an order flow indicator but you won't be learning too quickly without it. This is a personal decision. I have held off for now.

I've experienced all the good and bad of the room and quite honestly the good does far outweigh the bad. Try a few $10 weekly trials and answer all of your questions for yourself.

Thanks for reading, BeastModeTrader24...

It's really very simple. Why don't you post your live results since you've been in his room so we can see how good he is. Better yet, why not ask him to post his live account results. Reality is the only thing that counts in this life. BS doesn't count.

BeastModeTrader24 
Seattle Washington/United States

Trading: Mini ES
Thanks Received: 6

Yep, I figured atleast someone would attack me... I have to say I was warned by a few members of such.

Look I'm not selling or promoting Veritas Futures Room. I just described my experience there.

Get a trial or don't, it doesn't matter to me. What works for some may not be good for others.

Honestly this is why I was tentative about posting and normally just lurk on this site.

Best of luck,

BeastModerTrader24

Thanked by:
 wyz00888 
Longyan Fujian/China

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Multicharts
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 27
Thanks Received: 51

It is very funny that almost everyone in this forum will require a live record whenever there is a discussion about trading vendors. Have you actually ask yourself that even if the vendor provides a valid positive trading record , will you come on to buy the vendor's product? Who cares one or two people will buy the their programs, other than you , there are bunch of people willing to buy they services. If I am a vendor, and somebody ask me to provide my trading records, I will just ignore this kind of request, it is a provocation to me.Who cares you buy or not.There are many trustable vendors who will not provide any records.You can just analyze their words when you communicate with them to judge if what they say is true.If you hope to see the trading records to see if his method works,that idea is too naive,who can make sure his method can make money in the past will continue to make money in the future?

Thanked by:
lorenzoP
venice

Thanks Received: 3

wyz00888 View Post
It is very funny that almost everyone in this forum will require a live record whenever there is a discussion about trading vendors. Have you actually ask yourself that even if the vendor provides a valid positive trading record , will you come on to buy the vendor's product? Who cares one or two people will buy the their programs, other than you , there are bunch of people willing to buy they services. If I am a vendor, and somebody ask me to provide my trading records, I will just ignore this kind of request, it is a provocation to me.Who cares you buy or not.There are many trustable vendors who will not provide any records.You can just analyze their words when you communicate with them to judge if what they say is true.If you hope to see the trading records to see if his method works,that idea is too naive,who can make sure his method can make money in the past will continue to make money in the future?

i dont get, would not you sell more providing real proof??

Last Updated on March 26, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts