NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

iSystems Journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one SMCJB with 94 posts (273 thanks)
    2. looks_two Mabi with 15 posts (15 thanks)
    3. looks_3 mattz with 7 posts (6 thanks)
    4. looks_4 tpredictor with 7 posts (11 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 14 thanks per post
    2. looks_two kevinkdog with 4.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 SMCJB with 2.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Mabi with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 40,708 views
    2. thumb_up 394 thanks given
    3. group 53 followers
    1. forum 179 posts
    2. attach_file 91 attachments

Search this Thread

iSystems Journal

Novadolla
lancaster

Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 1

I've spent a great amount of time exploring Isystems, and have only found 2 systems that i think are worth investing capital into. These systems are below. Thoughts?

Gribor 6 _ E-mini Nasdaq NQ

GriBor Intra-LowCadence _ S&P MidCap DM

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
 dynoweb 
McKinney, TX

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ThinkOrSwim, NinjaTrader
Broker: TD Ameritrade (soon to be Schwab) & NinjaTrader
Trading: The indexes, ES, YM, NQ & RTY
Thanks Given: 216
Thanks Received: 157

Novadolla View Post
I've spent a great amount of time exploring Isystems, and have only found 2 systems that i think are worth investing capital into. These systems are below. Thoughts?

I wouldn't consider them so far, they haven't been tracked long enough with non-back tested data. If after 6-12 month of being tracked and they appear to have kept making money like they did during the the back testing, then I would consider one or the other. Personally I would only pick one of the two at that time since they are from the same developer. They could have the same concepts used in their trading algorithm and would not give you any diversity.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 ericthewellread 
Charlotte NC/USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Emini ES, Forex
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 2

Novadolla View Post

Gribor 6 _ E-mini Nasdaq NQ:
Suggested capital = $20K because of $4.8K worst DD.
ROI is good, but not so consistent year to year.

Suggested capital = $10K because of $2.7K worst DD.
ROI Looks great, but also not so consistent year to year.

Both of your choices only just began real money tracking.
I would feel better after waiting to see a longer real money tracked performance.

Thanked by:

SMCJB 
Houston TX
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TT and Stellar
Broker: Advantage Futures
Trading: Primarily Energy but also a little Equities, Fixed Income, Metals and Crypto.
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Never
Thanks Given: 4,375
Thanks Received: 10,192

Novadolla View Post

I would agree with both @dynoweb and @ericthewellread that you need to see a longer real money tracked performance. I would also add that there backtests are very short.
As @kevinkdog advises. Watch/Incubate it for 6 months, and after that see how it has looked compared to its backtest.

Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

mattz   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 2,440
Thanks Received: 3,789

SMCJB View Post
I would agree with both @dynoweb and @ericthewellread that you need to see a longer real money tracked performance. I would also add that there backtests are very short.
As @kevinkdog advises. Watch/Incubate it for 6 months, and after that see how it has looked compared to its backtest.

Just to add to your thoughts:
just to add to your thoughts:
-You will find that under real trades the drawdowns and biggest losing trades may be more significant than the hypothetical despite the success of the system. This is just the nature of real versus hypotheticals.
-In systems that trade frequently, you will find (again generalizing) that the differences between hypothetical and real are significant. Again, the system could still be good and winning, but expectations should be in place when going live.
-If you face with only hypothetical and not much live data, consider looking at the vendor's other systems. It could give you an idea of whether the vendor is just "pumping" systems or has the ability to create good models.
-You will find at times gap between "Tracked" and "Live" and this should give you an idea where people went out of the system. This at times shows human nature to withstand drawdowns, and should also signal to you whether you can withstand such drawdowns. Also, it indicates that people start and stop after large gains thinking they can "think" together with the system.
-The drawdown plus the minimum account size required gives you an idea (in my opinion) of the minimum you need in the account.

If anyone needs help with the selection of a system(S), I would be more than happy to guide you.

Thanks,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

THERE IS A SUBSTANTIAL RISK OF LOSS IN FUTURES TRADING. PAST PERFORMANCE IS NOT INDICATIVE OF FUTURE RESULTS.

Trading futures and options involves substantial risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. You may lose more than your initial investment. All posts are opinions and do not claim to be facts. Please conduct your own due diligence. Use only Risk capital when trading Futures.
1 800 771 6748 local 561 367 8686 email [email protected]
Thanked by:

SMCJB 
Houston TX
Legendary Market Wizard

Trading: Primarily Energy but also a little Equities, Fixed Income, Metals and Crypto.

mattz View Post
-You will find at times gap between "Tracked" and "Live" and this should give you an idea where people went out of the system. This at times shows human nature to withstand drawdowns, and should also signal to you whether you can withstand such drawdowns. Also, it indicates that people start and stop after large gains thinking they can "think" together with the system.

That's a really interesting point Matt. Not something I'm going to do but there's potentially a psychology white paper hidden in these numbers. Would be interesting to see when people quit. I also think there's a lot of 'hot money' in there that probably moves around quickly. Obvious problem is that the data is a binary traded/not traded. So a system could lose 99% of its customers but as long as one remains it will still show as traded even though in reality the chickens have already fled the coop!

Thanked by:

mattz   is a Vendor

SMCJB View Post
That's a really interesting point Matt. Not something I'm going to do but there's potentially a psychology white paper hidden in these numbers. Would be interesting to see when people quit. I also think there's a lot of 'hot money' in there that probably moves around quickly. Obvious problem is that the data is a binary traded/not traded. So a system could lose 99% of its customers but as long as one remains it will still show as traded even though in reality the chickens have already fled the coop!

There is something that I have learned from my Managed Futures experience and CTAs, and that is to ask "How did we get there"? This means you look at the bottom line ROI and then ask what path, strategy and risk it took to get there.
This type of approach is healthier in my opinion as opposed to just looking at the yearly ROI. Any investment that offers above-average returns should be reviewed with the variables that I mentioned above. I provide this guidance if an investor asks this before choosing a strategy.

iSystems, in my opinion, is pretty transparent if the data for the system is there.

Matt Z
Optimus Futures

There is a substantial risk of loss in futures trading. Past performance is not indicative of future results.

Trading futures and options involves substantial risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. You may lose more than your initial investment. All posts are opinions and do not claim to be facts. Please conduct your own due diligence. Use only Risk capital when trading Futures.
Thanked by:
 autoscalper 
Sterling Heights + Michigan/USA

Platform: TradeStation
Trading: EMD
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 1

I have decided to finally take the plunge and get going with a Optimus/iSystem Account/Setup. I will be transferring an idle IRA account from Fidelity over to Optimus. I'am in the process of finding conservative strategies to start using Optimus/iSystems. I just needed a list of strategies that use "Stop Loss Orders" ALWAYS. NO EXCEPTIONS. How to i find it here - " https://optimusfutures.isystems.com/" or elsewhere. Thanks.

Thanked by:

mattz   is a Vendor

autoscalper View Post
I have decided to finally take the plunge and get going with a Optimus/iSystem Account/Setup. I will be transferring an idle IRA account from Fidelity over to Optimus. I'am in the process of finding conservative strategies to start using Optimus/iSystems. I just needed a list of strategies that use "Stop Loss Orders" ALWAYS. NO EXCEPTIONS. How to i find it here - " https://optimusfutures.isystems.com/" or elsewhere. Thanks.

Thank you for giving us a chance to earn your business at Optimus Futures.com
As far as we know, all the systems use one form of risk management or another, but we would be happy to choose the methods together, particularly those that would fit your risk tolerance and style of trading. We can diversify between markets, methods and different algo vendors. You will find that our approach tends to focus more on those who have a real-time track record as opposed to only hypothetical only.
Again, we appreciate your business and trust.

Kind regards,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures
There is a substantial risk of loss in futures trading. Past performance is not indicative of future results.

SMCJB 
Houston TX
Legendary Market Wizard

After an almost 6 month sabbatical across year end, doing very little, I've been really busy the last 3-4 months. Got the bug again! Drink less, Sleep less, Program or at least Research more!

I've spent a lot of time working on all sorts of weird abstract stuff. KMeans Candlestick Classification (Some really really cool visualizations - but nothing predictive yet). A Candlestick Neural Network (related to the Kmeans project but very different - failed miserably until I expanded the scope... now I may have my first neural network inspired system!). Several discussions with @OldGerman that really opened my eyes to custom sessions. (my Apologies @OldGerman I owe you at least one but probably several emails). Data mining indicator patterns to find those that work.(Jury is out, seems to be working but only time or incubation will tell. I suspect they will fail but we will see). All are a lot more interesting than watching that latest TV show! Yeah I know, get a life!

So last week I finished my Strategy Factory Club Entry for @kevinkdog's club, and my mind said "so what do we go to next?" Initial reaction was to get back to the KMeans Candlestick Classification but for some reason iSystems bounced around my head! So I opened my last iSystems code I had. Checked all my custom functions and everything seems to be working as it used to. So these evening I created two data sets, the first 15 months with the intention of using 12 to predict 3 and the second 7 months with the intention of using 6 to predict 1. It took the code longer to run than I expected (20+ minutes for each - remember I am scraping their website literally tens of thousands times) but I have my data sets.

Anyway some amusing findings as I was checking my code against some specific systems. So the first is a system that currently is in the "Top 10 iSystems for the Last Year"

Pretty impressive huh. But make sure you look at that "Since Tracked Date" or more specifically "Tracked PnL since 05/22/19". This is a system that was submitted just 6 days ago, that is now listed in the top 10 for the last year. How is a 6 day old system in the last year top 10??? Backtest for the Win I suppose! Need to set my reminder to come and check it again in a years time and see what it looks like. That brings us to system number two...

This system made $150k in the first 2.5 years of the backtest, was flat for the next 9 months, but since the backtest has ended (that light yellow hue means its tracked not backtest) it has been on a direct path to zero! (Kinda link most of my systems!)

Last Updated on October 18, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts