NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Rotation / Swing Indicator Similar to FT71?

Discussion in NinjaTrader

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one amoeba with 30 posts (43 thanks)
    2. looks_two DebayanSen with 20 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 fxsystematic with 7 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 ziggy123 with 5 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one amoeba with 1.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two pep17 with 0.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 ziggy123 with 0.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 pingpong with 0.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 45,025 views
    2. thumb_up 55 thanks given
    3. group 44 followers
    1. forum 93 posts
    2. attach_file 18 attachments

Search this Thread

Rotation / Swing Indicator Similar to FT71?

DebayanSen
Kolkata India

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 9

amoeba View Post
You can also use a smaller brick size & just leave the MinRotationSize=8, this should give the same result but with better resolution, depends on your preference

Okay I will play around with it and see ..thanks

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
PowerLanguage & EasyLanguage. How to get the platfor …
EasyLanguage Programming

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
21 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks
 Ratdog 
Lansing Michigan

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Nt8
Trading: Es
Thanks Given: 39
Thanks Received: 25

I am not sure if anyone has been doing this yet or not, but I do not use this as a counter trend tool. I actually use this as a "continuuation of trend" tool.

I have 4 very hard rules I follow and if you'd like to help me build it into a strategy please send me a message!

Thank you,

Thanked by:
DebayanSen
Kolkata India

amoeba View Post
You can also use a smaller brick size & just leave the MinRotationSize=8, this should give the same result but with better resolution, depends on your preference

HI ! Just getting the hang of the indicators you provided and they are a blessing . Thank you so much . Just wondering when NInjatrader comes up with an update , I will have to update it as the other indicator packs are bought from a company which will update theirs . So in that case , will it be okay for you to provide the 2 indicators in the updated platform ? If so , how shall I get in touch with you ? Here only ?

Thank you

DebayanSen
Kolkata India

amoeba View Post

HI ! Just getting the hang of the indicators you provided and they are a blessing . Thank you so much . Just wondering when NInjatrader comes up with an update , I will have to update it as the other indicator packs are bought from a company which will update theirs . So in that case , will it be okay for you to provide the 2 indicators in the updated platform ? If so , how shall I get in touch with you ? Here only ?

Thank you

amoeba 
Sydney, NSW, Australia

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Chart, Python, C#
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: MJNK, ASX, SPI
Thanks Given: 98
Thanks Received: 284

DebayanSen View Post

Thank you

I will be around here, I don't think Ninjatrader will be in a hurry to do another platform update, they still have a lot of mileage in v8 to go.

DebayanSen
Kolkata India

amoeba View Post
I will be around here, I don't think Ninjatrader will be in a hurry to do another platform update, they still have a lot of mileage in v8 to go.

Okay ..thank you

Thanked by:
DebayanSen
Kolkata India

amoeba View Post

Hi ! Sorry to bother you again . Was wondering something about the fractal indicator you provided. There are 2 parameters. Number of bars , set to 1 and minimum ticks set to 3.Should I keep it default if I wanna watch number of rotations in 1 min for the last 20 days ?

Also , for past 20 days , I am loading 1 min chart and in ''data series'' I am loading 20 days and setting the your fractal indicator parameter "maximum bars lookback bars" to infinite. Am I doing it right ?

amoeba 
Sydney, NSW, Australia

DebayanSen View Post
Hi ! Sorry to bother you again . Was wondering something about the fractal indicator you provided. There are 2 parameters. Number of bars , set to 1 and minimum ticks set to 3.Should I keep it default if I wanna watch number of rotations in 1 min for the last 20 days ?

Also , for past 20 days , I am loading 1 min chart and in ''data series'' I am loading 20 days and setting the your fractal indicator parameter "maximum bars lookback bars" to infinite. Am I doing it right ?

Hi DebayanSen,

That setting should be fine for 1min bars, it would represent the most sensitive fractal pattern recognition (the NumberOfBars value represents the number of bars to count on either side of a fractal High or Low). So Higher values here create larger rotations as smaller fractals are filtered out.

The "maximum bars lookback" is actually a Ninjatrader setting, not something from my indicator, I would leave it as the default value (maximum bars lookback). You can have a look on the ninjatrader help docs to better understand this setting, but basically it is a limiter to how far back an indicator can look at historical bar data (as the further back an indicator looks the more ninjatrader is required to keep in memory). My indicator does not look further back than the NumberOfBars value.

All the best

DebayanSen
Kolkata India

amoeba View Post
Hi DebayanSen,

That setting should be fine for 1min bars, it would represent the most sensitive fractal pattern recognition (the NumberOfBars value represents the number of bars to count on either side of a fractal High or Low). So Higher values here create larger rotations as smaller fractals are filtered out.

The "maximum bars lookback" is actually a Ninjatrader setting, not something from my indicator, I would leave it as the default value (maximum bars lookback). You can have a look on the ninjatrader help docs to better understand this setting, but basically it is a limiter to how far back an indicator can look at historical bar data (as the further back an indicator looks the more ninjatrader is required to keep in memory). My indicator does not look further back than the NumberOfBars value.

All the best

You say your indicator does not look further back than the numberofbars. What I understand from your points is that it starts calculating from 1 bar only . The larger I make it , the larger the rotations will be(its not of much use making it so large as I will not get a continuous upmove or downmove of 95 percentile).

But what I am asking is I understand that 1 NumberOfbars(sensitive to lower fractals) rotations is what I am looking for BUT I am looking to see the statistic over last 20 days . So I load 1min chart and set days to "20" . Now your indicators need to calculate rotations for 1 bar but needs to know the start point and end point.So , I set the maximum lookback to 20 days.As I understand from your explanation of it as a ninjascript and also as it seems,its the correct way . Is it? That's all I guess. Thanks a lot

amoeba 
Sydney, NSW, Australia

DebayanSen View Post
You say your indicator does not look further back than the numberofbars. What I understand from your points is that it starts calculating from 1 bar only . The larger I make it , the larger the rotations will be(its not of much use making it so large as I will not get a continuous upmove or downmove of 95 percentile).

But what I am asking is I understand that 1 NumberOfbars(sensitive to lower fractals) rotations is what I am looking for BUT I am looking to see the statistic over last 20 days . So I load 1min chart and set days to "20" . Now your indicators need to calculate rotations for 1 bar but needs to know the start point and end point.So , I set the maximum lookback to 20 days.As I understand from your explanation of it as a ninjascript and also as it seems,its the correct way . Is it? That's all I guess. Thanks a lot

Hi DebayanSen,

As many days as you have loaded into your chart via the data series is what the indicator will use as the sample set, the lookback variable has no effect here.

The indicator calculates from the bars loaded into the chart at load time, not looking back from the current bar, so if you load your chart and select Days to Load : 20, you will get a sample of rotations from the last 20 days.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 8, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts