NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

InvestiQuant

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one trader789 with 11 posts (1 thanks)
    2. looks_two InvestiQuant with 10 posts (3 thanks)
    3. looks_3 matteo83 with 3 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 forgiven with 2 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Daytrader999 with 5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two TradeManager with 5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 InvestiQuant with 0.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 33,272 views
    2. thumb_up 22 thanks given
    3. group 8 followers
    1. forum 19 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

InvestiQuant

trader789 
Philadelphia PA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ts
Trading: es
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 3

i am upset because i posted link which may or may not be true, and investiquant jumped on opportunity to self promote their services without verified results. Plus Investiquant never provided any proof that that link is not true. They used my post for so called "trader education". Look at us we are such good guys "trading not for everyone, be careful of scams" while posting no verified results. i am asking you to remove entire thread starting with my first post, so i can repost without link so it would be no reason for Investiquant "defence" or "trader education" disguised as self promotion and bait for inexperienced members who just see 90% and do not expect verified results.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
NexusFi Journal Challenge - May 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
48 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
35 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks

xplorer 
London UK
Site Moderator

Experience: Beginner
Platform: CQG
Broker: S5
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 15,494
Thanks Received: 15,388

trader789 View Post
i am upset because i posted link which may or may not be true, and investiquant jumped on opportunity to self promote their services without verified results. Plus Investiquant never provided any proof that that link is not true. They used my post for so called "trader education". Look at us we are such good guys "trading not for everyone, be careful of scams" while posting no verified results. i am asking you to remove entire thread starting with my first post, so i can repost without link so it would be no reason for Investiquant "defence" or "trader education" disguised as self promotion and bait for inexperienced members who just see 90% and do not expect verified results.

If I were to use a legal concept, you 'opened the door' when you wanted to provide your opinion of this vendor.

The vendor is entitled to respond, so long as no rules are broken.

trader789 
Philadelphia PA

Platform: ts
Trading: es
Thanks Received: 3

I understand it, i made a mistake. this is why i want all my posts to be removed. I did not have single positive experience with this vendor and now exactly opposite happened the use my post to generate sales

InvestiQuant   is a Vendor

Thanks Received: 11

trader789 View Post

Trader789,

We appreciate your desire to help out and protect newer traders and know that there are many vendors who practice dishonest advertising to lure in newbies. However, we are not one of them. We are sorry that you are frustrated that we did not honor your request for a 2nd free trial. You are not the first to ask or be denied (frankly we don’t even offer free trials anymore). However, with all due respect, we don’t believe it is fair to try to dissuade others who could possibly benefit from our services.

We are a reputable company with highly experienced traders, quants, and programmers that has been in business for over 13+ years with many happy clients. We will of course DEFEND our company from the false and misleading information being promoted by the fake review and any suggestions questioning our automated program’s live trading results.

We are happy to share our statements and verify all performance claims. However, since any doc can be fabricated, you may prefer to simply contact our broker and ask them. (Be sure to ask them to confirm that our autotrading clients’ returns are the same as ours since that is what matters most.)

Per your request, we can easily explain and prove every element of the fake review that was shared:

Scott Andrews (and another co-founder) did graduate from West Point in 1987.
Scott did take a software company public on the NASDAQ in 1999 (as CEO of SciQuest).
InvestiQuant launched in January 2008 under the name Master The Gap (reviewed by BMT / futures.io).
The name changed to InvestiQuant in 2015 after 20 clients invested over $1mm in the company to grow its trading research and signals.
Our founders held the Series 3 commodities futures licenses as professionally registered traders with the CFTC/NFA for many years (but are now exempt from registration).
The company does serve many professional traders and mentors in the industry. Clients and references include: Mike Bellafiore, Steve Spencer and Seth Freudberg of SMB Capital, Morad Askar of Convergent Trading and Edge Clear Brokerage, Peter Borish (Paul Tudor Jones’ former partner), Breakout Funds, Mark Ritchie II (son of famed Market Wizard), Anthony Crudele, and Dr. Brett Steenbarger.

Thank you Big Mike and moderators for allowing us to respond.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

forgiven 
Fletcher NC
Market Wizard

Platform: nijia trader
Broker: A.M.P. I.Q. ....C.Q.G.
Trading: ym es
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Days
Thanks Given: 287
Thanks Received: 581

Any time a vendor does not give a 30 day free trail of their product or a very deep discount on 30 days of service , anyone in there wright mind is going to smell a rat . It should not be any surprise Trader789 is not a happy camper . What is a red flag for me and I would suggest any other members reading this , is your unwellness to solve a simple customer problem in front of 100,000 potential clints . Like giving Trader789 a 30 day trail . It makes me question the risk management on your blots . What ever it would cost to give him that and the good will and positive customer service experience 100,000 trader members could see vs being the bad vendor with a attitude is completely crazy . Its like opening a short with no stop lose placement in a bull market . Let hope you have much better risk management in your trading .

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

InvestiQuant   is a Vendor

Thanks Received: 11

forgiven View Post
Any time a vendor does not give a 30 day free trail of their product or a very deep discount on 30 days of service , anyone in there wright mind is going to smell a rat . It should not be any surprise Trader789 is not a happy camper . What is a red flag for me and I would suggest any other members reading this , is your unwellness to solve a simple customer problem in front of 100,000 potential clints . Like giving Trader789 a 30 day trail . It makes me question the risk management on your blots . What ever it would cost to give him that and the good will and positive customer service experience 100,000 trader members could see vs being the bad vendor with a attitude is completely crazy . Its like opening a short with no stop lose placement in a bull market . Let hope you have much better risk management in your trading .

Hi Forgiven,

Having served traders and investors since 2008, we have found the usefulness of the trial to the user totally depends on the product.

In lieu of a free trial of our autotrading program we offer a “pay with profits” option that allows the user to earn the license fee in their account before they pay it. We believe this is a far better solution than a free trial because we have found trial users tend to make decisions based purely on their trial results. However, short-term trial results are often mostly random and may not represent what one could expect over the course of a year.

Plus, with autotrading, there isn’t really anything to try from a user perspective. Our program is not something you have to install and manage. The client doesn’t have to open a platform or even login to anything, it’s all handled for them. The client just opens the account and the broker takes care of all of the automated trading for them.

I hope that helps clear up any confusion, we’re happy to address any questions you may have.

Thanks

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

forgiven 
Fletcher NC
Market Wizard

Platform: nijia trader
Broker: A.M.P. I.Q. ....C.Q.G.
Trading: ym es
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Days
Thanks Given: 287
Thanks Received: 581

nice answer but I think you missed the point . you have a unsatisfied member on this forum . you can handle the problem a number of ways including the way you are handling it . I am sure if you gave the member a 30 day trail it would not put you out of business . most members have seen other vendors have a very similar attitude on a trail as you have . I am sure you can give me plenty of reasons why you can not do it . where it is fair or not you are likely going to get slammed over it . the reason for that is the nature of being a trading vendor and 98 % of the time when a vendor is touchy on a trail , member have learned the hard way that is a no fly zone . that is why there members . they have been sold the Brooklyn Bridge by other vendors in the past . the vendors selling the Bridge felt the same way about free trails .

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
gdwitt
bethesda, md

Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 10

I have been studying this option. The algo available is being advertised as having amazing results this past year.
It sounds odd that they only work with one broker and are so closed about it. But that's how they build their moat I guess.
I am suspicious because I've lost money in another tiny brokerage-futures scam years back.

What would other members ask about this system before locking their money away with it?
I am interested in knowing if the algo-system they use has been upgraded and modified to adjust to the changing market.
I also would like to know if there is a penalty if I want to stop the system temporarily and trade with my money on own say for a market turning event like an FOMC or CPI release.
If anyone else has experience with this, please speak up.

HumbleTrader 
Vancouver Canada
Legendary , Always learning

Platform: Investor RT
Broker: IB & IQ DTN
Trading: Oh what a tangled web I weave, When I want to take profits in trading
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Years
Thanks Given: 3,414
Thanks Received: 2,995

After using Investiquant for more than a year now, I think I have some useful information to share.

I do NOT have any conflict of interest. However, there is a selfish reason in doing this review as I'm hoping to find REAL traders using this system to colloborate and improvise my trading style.

Moderators are welcome to remove this post if it's violation of forum rules.

Many red flags before I subscribed to them last year. (probably nothing much changed since then)

1. Opaque pricing structure.
2. Lack of monthly subscription option.
3. No free trial period (but they did provide a fixed set of free 'searches')
4. Quite expensive annual fees. (Above 1000 USD)
5. Tiers of subscription and the price doubles with more features (I hate this type of business practice in any field)
6. Attractive claims about their auto-trading system performance.

Now, what's this service?

It's a backtesting system - Pure and Simple. Nothing more, Nothing less. (I think their autotrading offer complicates their core service and product). Anyone with coding skills or eagerness to learn pinescript or similar python based languge will NOT need to pay thousands to get what they provide.

Since I am from medical background with NO coding skills, I found their (expensive) service extremely valuable. Infact, this was the main missing ingredient in my trading methodology. My consistent profitability coincides with me using their service. Obviously, it may be purely temporal association without any causation. After all, I was a losing 'part-time' trader for 4 years and then 2 years breakeven trader before I started using them in 2021 and hence 'ripe' for the next league of profitable traders Morover, my probabilistic mindset kicked off around that time and since then firmly rooted into my thinking pattern.

Back to business. This system is very versatile and you can be very creative in terms of what inputs you want to use. I (strongly) suggest you watch some of their short clip videos of 5 mins length at youtube before you shell out from your pocket. Judging by their paltry views, you can safely assume that it's NOT a popular service. That's not a bad thing in trading business

At the end of the day, investiquant gives you information about what happened in the PAST under certain market conditions. You still have to accept the risk of probability that it may not happen in the FUTURE. I use Spotgamma (69$/month) for CURRENT options flow and positioning to see where the real money is 'now'. I also use a 'free' EMA crossover system to assess momentum to time my entries and exits (after useless spending on Jigsaw and Bookmap).

Make no mistake. Your trading flaws will NOT be changed by Investiquant. But your mindset may become more probabilistic. May be.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 TradeManager 
Jerusalem, Israel

Experience: Advanced
Platform: IB TWS, TradeStation
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: Futures (mostly equities indices)
Thanks Received: 1

I used to be an InvestiQuant's client between 2014 and 2019 and even collaborated in building one of their systems.

I knew Scott Andrews well enough to tell you that he is a decent man - not typical in this industry. I had many hours with him in the trading room when he was the moderator there. I watched his short "Tip of the day" clips every day, which were both very interesting and helpful (you can find some of them on YouTube, I think). As said above, those clips expose you to back-testing as well as special events and market conditions from the eye of a professional. I also had a few hours interacting with him more privately (and with Rob Hanna who was a co-Founder) when working on the system mentioned above.

I purchased a product (back-testing code run over Trade-Station platform) they used to offer, which you could use to replicate some of their systems and find new ones by yourself based on their data. (It was before they switched to their own back-testing tool they called Discover, I think.) This way you could have generated the full trades list and see that the lists were not touched or edited. I also traded those systems in real accounts with real money successfully for several years. I did not need the automation that came up later, because I wrote code to trade their signals by myself.

I learned a lot from their strategies and experience. I also took an educational course they offered which upgraded my trading skills. I left all my trades to play out after I sent them to the broker. I had a set of rules of what and how much money I risk in each trade. I knew what to do in draw-downs and so forth. I knew that I had an edge with their data and they taught me how to diminish and even eliminate any emotional part that novice traders have regarding trading.

There were a few reasons why I left them:

1. I am a full-time trader and have a B.Sc degree in mathematics and computer science (so know how to code). I got to a point where I could have built my own data to use and trade with. I realized I am bounded too much to them and their data, which is fine if you don't have the time or the skills of writing computer programs.

2. I did not like their new business path towards offering only automation and their new Discover product price tag, even though it did look very nice (I saw its first versions.) I am sure some people (most likely more knowledgeable professionals) could use it to gain insights and enhance the current systems they use.

Finally, I strongly recommend the people behind InvestiQuant and sure they continue to offer great professional tools for traders.

Last Updated on December 27, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts