NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

volFix vs sierrachart

Discussion in Sierra Chart

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one vanberger with 7 posts (0 thanks)
    2. looks_two tiaulu with 3 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 docent1983 with 3 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 yamin2000 with 3 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one CenFlo with 4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two xplorer with 3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Neo1 with 2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 yamin2000 with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 8,432 views
    2. thumb_up 15 thanks given
    3. group 8 followers
    1. forum 19 posts
    2. attach_file 2 attachments

Search this Thread

volFix vs sierrachart

yamin2000
Saudi Arabia

Thanks Given: 26
Thanks Received: 4

HI
i tried volfix the demo and it was very good but since i trade usa stocks and they do not have all usa stocks only the most active around 300.
I tried sierrachart but this company want to use to build every thing by ur self and its reay hard for noraml user or u have to buy add ons.
do you guys have a link for free footprint?
market delta very expensive around 240$ if u want usa stocks

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
22 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
20 thanks

Neo1 
Christchurch, New Zealand

Experience: Beginner
Platform: SC
Broker: IB, BC, Dx Feed
Trading: US Equities
Thanks Given: 471
Thanks Received: 531

yamin2000 View Post
HI
i tried volfix the demo and it was very good but since i trade usa stocks and they do not have all usa stocks only the most active around 300.
I tried sierrachart but this company want to use to build every thing by ur self and its reay hard for noraml user or u have to buy add ons.
do you guys have a link for free footprint?
market delta very expensive around 240$ if u want usa stocks

-Sierra chart has more studies out of the box than 99% of all trading platforms.
-Sierra charts footprint is called "Numbers bars"- https://www.sierrachart.com/index.php?page=doc/NumbersBars.php

The cost of Sierra chart is very cheap. They basically give it away.

"Free markets work because they allow people to be lucky, thanks to aggressive trial and error, not by giving rewards or incentives for skill. The strategy is, then, to tinker as much as possible and try to collect as many Black Swan opportunities as you can"
Thanked by:
yamin2000
Saudi Arabia

you said its cheap but the price is with data fees going to cost me more than volfix (volfix is 120)(Sierra plus fees might go over 100)
and my other issue i do not know how to build the Numbers bars its gonna take long time or either i have to buy add one.
my account with interactive broker as i know the data is weak

CenFlo 
Tampa FL

Experience: None
Platform: TOS/TradingView
Broker: TDA
Trading: Equities/Cryptos
Thanks Given: 830
Thanks Received: 960

yamin2000 View Post
you said its cheap but the price is with data fees going to cost me more than volfix (volfix is 120)(Sierra plus fees might go over 100)
and my other issue i do not know how to build the Numbers bars its gonna take long time or either i have to buy add one.

I'll second Sierra Charts, it's a great charting platform. I don't trade from it, but that may change soon.

I pay just under $97.00 per month and that's using Sierra's data feed (Rebranded Barchart data) and I find it fast and accurate, no complaints. Full CME group, CBOE, Eurex and HK markets (Non-professional). I researched basically all of the major datafeeds and using Sierra's was the best deal.

SC is capable of anything you can imagine, is constantly updated and while it does take a little while to learn it, it's worth the time and effort.

As for creating what you need, there's plenty of people out there that will share their chartbooks with the community, I've shared two on this forum that were given to me and I then modified them and shared the chartbooks.

Plenty of people here at FIO will help and there's tons of info and related files at the Sierra support board.

I have an order book study that I'll try and find (I don't use them) and will post a screenshot, perhaps it's what you're looking for and will give you an idea of what's possible with Sierra.

You can always do the free trial and make sure it's right for you.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - Wayne Gretsky
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

CenFlo 
Tampa FL

Platform: TOS/TradingView
Broker: TDA
Trading: Equities/Cryptos
Thanks Given: 830
Thanks Received: 960

yamin2000 View Post

I found the chart book I was referencing, here's a screen shot of it and I've attached it here and will also upload it to the Elite Downloads section.

It has order book / number bar type of study, market profile and volume profile.

I take no credit for it, it was given to me. Feel free to use, modify and distribute as desired.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - Wayne Gretsky
Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: VP_MP_OB.cht
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
yamin2000
Saudi Arabia

CenFlo View Post
I found the chart book I was referencing, here's a screen shot of it and I've attached it here and will also upload it to the Elite Downloads section.

It has order book / number bar type of study, market profile and volume profile.

I take no credit for it, it was given to me. Feel free to use, modify and distribute as desired.

thanks

Thanked by:
vanberger
Berlin

Thanks Given: 5

With volfix you get ALL datafeeds/exchanges (level2) for under 100$ a month - without even open a trading account...

So for me is there maybe something illegal... cme without non-pro alone costs you 90$, same with eurex... and there are mostly every exchange in this platform...
I ask at several datafeed provider to get such cheap packages - no one of the industry feed providers can give you this conditions

Some people slso talking about that volfix is under investigation from several exchanges

If you asking at volfix from where they gets the data, you dont get any answers...

So, for me a very strange situation, better go with sierra or atas.

tiaulu 
ROME ITALY

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 0

vanberger View Post
With volfix you get ALL datafeeds/exchanges (level2) for under 100$ a month - without even open a trading account...

So for me is there maybe something illegal... cme without non-pro alone costs you 90$, same with eurex... and there are mostly every exchange in this platform...
I ask at several datafeed provider to get such cheap packages - no one of the industry feed providers can give you this conditions

Some people slso talking about that volfix is under investigation from several exchanges

If you asking at volfix from where they gets the data, you dont get any answers...

So, for me a very strange situation, better go with sierra or atas.

where are the evidence of the investigation?
Show me the evidence, without proof it's better not to talk

vanberger
Berlin

Thanks Given: 5

tiaulu View Post

where are the evidence of the investigation?

Show me the evidence, without proof it's better not to talk

Use your brain - when a company sharing datafeed in worth of several hundret dollars (also ICE) for under 100 bucks, something went fundamental wrong!

So the evidence is the product itself and the exchange fees - EVERYBODY have to pay!

I can only quote what others say... and use my brain

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

tiaulu 
ROME ITALY

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 0

vanberger View Post
Use your brain - when a company sharing datafeed in worth of several hundret dollars (also ICE) for under 100 bucks, something went fundamental wrong!

So the evidence is the product itself and the exchange fees - EVERYBODY have to pay!

I can only quote what others say... and use my brain

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

where do you see that it costs less than $ 100 a month?
It costs $ 150 a month to be informed better before speaking

first connect the brain and then open the mouth

Last Updated on June 25, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts