NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Axia-new prop shop in London w/training courses

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one spideysteve with 4 posts (3 thanks)
    2. looks_two Keab with 4 posts (10 thanks)
    3. looks_3 datahogg with 3 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 MichaelFlowTrader with 3 posts (4 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one matthew28 with 9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Zefi with 8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 wyz00888 with 3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Keab with 2.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 39,598 views
    2. thumb_up 74 thanks given
    3. group 40 followers
    1. forum 46 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

Axia-new prop shop in London w/training courses

forgiven 
Fletcher NC
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: nijia trader
Broker: A.M.P. I.Q. ....C.Q.G.
Trading: ym es
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Days
Thanks Given: 287
Thanks Received: 580

web sight looks real cool, exlent looking course by prop traders . you found real pros this time. send us 5 grand ...trust us its all good. i dont ..if they could train traders in 8 weeks or even trade all...they would not be selling educatioin.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NexusFi Journal Challenge - May 2024
Feedback and Announcements
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
43 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
30 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
21 thanks
 wyz00888 
Longyan Fujian/China

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Multicharts
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 27
Thanks Received: 51

Actually,I think their education resource is good.I have just bought their new Footprint Chart course.It contains 30 hours' video materials with 2 months' live membership (which I have subscript for several months) The course structure is well organized,and it provides you different trading strategies,and with every strategies,there are examples and drills for you to practise.And you can ask Brannigan questions live in membership chat ,he is the course instructor ,very welling to answer your questions.I have also bought their price ladder and volume profile course,both are great course.Although I didn't attain their prop shop training,but the courses I bought really help me much,and the new footprint course fee is not high compared with what it provides and other vendors‘ footprint course,it is just 840 pounds.

forgiven 
Fletcher NC
Market Wizard

they will not produce any prof at all they even trade. i do not know where they can or not. i am not saying there training would not be helpful . but if they can not make money using it , what makes you think you can.

johnny5 
United Kingdom

Platform: NinjaTrader, IB TWS
Trading: ES, CL Stocks
Thanks Given: 24
Thanks Received: 1

forgiven View Post
they will not produce any prof at all they even trade. i do not know where they can or not. i am not saying there training would not be helpful . but if they can not make money using it , what makes you think you can.

Well they are paying for an expensive location in London, with expensive 6-12 trading screens with desk fees in the region of £2000. A lot of the senior guys came from Futex an established prop firm at the time so I am sure they are battle worn and know what they are doing. They are using all the platforms, price ladder, market profile and volume in the way that alot of the top firms do. As they have big overheads straight off with travel, desk fees etc surely they have to be pretty good just to make a living. Also they don’t sell the bullshit dream that trading is easy

Sent from my iPhone using NexusFi mobile app

forgiven 
Fletcher NC
Market Wizard

johnny5 View Post
Well they are paying for an expensive location in London, with expensive 6-12 trading screens with desk fees in the region of £2000. A lot of the senior guys came from Futex an established prop firm at the time so I am sure they are battle worn and know what they are doing. They are using all the platforms, price ladder, market profile and volume in the way that alot of the top firms do. As they have big overheads straight off with travel, desk fees etc surely they have to be pretty good just to make a living. Also they don’t sell the bullshit dream that trading is easy

Sent from my iPhone using NexusFi mobile app

if they can trade , what is the harm in producing the prof. why hid the wonderful news. by hiding it... they look as bad as the rest of the trading education vendors . they would be better of coning out an be honest . we just teach trading , we do not do any. teaching it pays more. that is the real truth ... that is why no vendors will produce the any prof. the vendor do not trade.

sands 
London + UK

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Proprietary Analytics
Broker: Multiple broker + Multiple feed
Trading: Currently European and US equities
Thanks Given: 257
Thanks Received: 234

To be completely honest I have seen a lot of content from this firm and this course, and imo it’s just verbose and subjective. Perhaps it can be helpful in parts in particular learning how to drill certain scenarios, but it’s a fluff filled syllabus in large parts to me. A long list of videos doesn’t make it necessarily well rounded content, and I felt some of it was just very poorly presented. That’s just my experience of it, and it just isn’t something I’d recommend to someone new to trading (or not) wanting to learn theses topics. On that topic the most valuable thing is to find some drills and practice them, you’ll learn to see different events and behaviour and you’ll learn it.

Sand.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

matthew28 
United Kingdom
Elite_Member

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Bookmap
Broker: Stage 5, Rithmic
Trading: US Equity Index Futures
Thanks Given: 3,500
Thanks Received: 2,532

sands View Post
On that topic the most valuable thing is to find some drills and practice them...

Here's a few potential ones for anybody to try:
Prop Shop Trading Exercises - Learn to Trade for Free | PriceSquawk

You do not win as a trader, you just get to play again the next day. If that game doesn’t appeal to you then you should not trade. Gary Norden
MichaelFlowTrader
Atlanta

Thanks Given: 43
Thanks Received: 120

matthew28 View Post
Here's a few potential ones for anybody to try:
Prop Shop Trading Exercises - Learn to Trade for Free | PriceSquawk

The quote below, in my opinion, answers the question and demand for evidence or the conversation about edge. You have to earn your edge, they could probably tell you everything that they do, and the average person will not have the screen time, the exposure, the wins/losses to make it work.

"Introduction to Prop Shop Trading Exercises
If you were to join a Proprietary Trading firm starter program you might be surprised to find out that you they won’t teach you ‘the’ strategy they use for making money. They will instead teach you some foundations of trading – mainly money management, organization and an overview of various trading methods such as interpreting the DOM, Spread Trading and maybe some Technical Analysis. If you are lucky you will also receive some insights from experienced traders on the market structure, how value is determined and some basic order flow analysis. The majority of trader development is achieved through trading exercises and review through which traders start to find their own particular edge in trading the markets. Then traders are given a small account to overcome some of the psychological hurdles that arise when trading live, and to get consistent with, before being given a bigger risk allotment. The training and exercises usually last just one or two months. Depending on a traders potential you may get anywhere from 3 months to 1 year to consistently cover your costs."

Thanked by:
 franmadrid 
spain

Platform: TradeStation
Thanks Given: 24
Thanks Received: 5

aircal View Post
I signed up for the Axia prop trader course through Jigsaw. It's OK, but the instructor is not a very skilled presenter - he appears nervous, and stammers quite a bit. Combined with the UK accent it's a bit difficult to hold my interest.

Sent from my iPad using NexusFi mobile app

I was thinking to buy the institutional package education from jigsaw but I am not sure if It's worth the price! Can you comment a little bit your opinion. thanks in advance . ( if you want write to me a private message)

MichaelFlowTrader
Atlanta

Thanks Given: 43
Thanks Received: 120

Axia the prop entity might be incorporated differently than the website/education business. They might do this to protect them from litigation.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Last Updated on January 30, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts