NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TD Ameritrade API?

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one deftness with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    2. looks_two shodson with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 quantismo with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 wldman with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 14,375 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 10 followers
    1. forum 10 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

TD Ameritrade API?

wldman 
Chicago Illinois USA
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Broker: IB, ToS
Trading: /ES, US Equities/Options
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Hours
Thanks Given: 2,047
Thanks Received: 9,513

Is there really no API from TD Ameritrade for sending ES and historical ES quotes to NT?

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Diary of a simple price action trader
26 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
25 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
23 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
16 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
9 thanks

shodson 
OC, California, USA
Quantoholic

Platform: IB/TWS, NinjaTrader, ToS
Broker: IB, ToS, Kinetick
Trading: stocks, options, futures, VIX
Thanks Given: 533
Thanks Received: 3,709

The only "API" that I'm familiar with is their use of Excel and RTD. This will get you started

https://www.lockeinyoursuccess.com/connecting-thinkorswim-to-excel-part-1-of-4/
https://www.lockeinyoursuccess.com/connecting-thinkorswim-to-excel-part-2-of-4/
https://www.lockeinyoursuccess.com/connecting-thinkorswim-to-excel-part-3-of-4/
https://www.lockeinyoursuccess.com/connecting-thinkorswim-to-excel-part-4-of-4-finale/

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

marcopolo1 
columbus OH/USA

Platform: TOS
Broker: TOS
Trading: ES TF NQ, CL NG
Thanks Given: 256
Thanks Received: 248

wldman View Post
Is there really no API from TD Ameritrade for sending ES and historical ES quotes to NT?

Correct - They provide an api for stocks but not futures.

hurleydood 
San Diego, California/USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Hours
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 27

It looks like the creator of Medved Trader and QuoteTracker has implemented futures/forex data from TDAmeritrade APIs.

https://www.facebook.com/MedvedTrader/posts/1235530163259794

TraderTeacher
New Albany IN

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

As of this writing, you can get real time futures quotes (even level II) from TDA's API. However, you can not get historical futures data or trade futures. I talked to their API support a few weeks ago and they said they are working to add futures trading to their API in a year or so but no promises. Pretty disappointing given that their API is already very good for equities and options data streaming and trading. Makes you wonder why not futures?!

deftness
Baltimore, MD

TraderTeacher View Post
As of this writing, you can get real time futures quotes (even level II) from TDA's API. However, you can not get historical futures data or trade futures. I talked to their API support a few weeks ago and they said they are working to add futures trading to their API in a year or so but no promises. Pretty disappointing given that their API is already very good for equities and options data streaming and trading. Makes you wonder why not futures?!

TraderTeacher,

Can you point me to which api you're using to access futures quotes? I've seen a nodejs library then just the REST api. I understand no current access to historical data but I would at the very least like to see if I can access the live data.

quantismo 
Waco TX.

Platform: retired ...maybe
Trading: anything with the slightest edge..
Thanks Given: 335
Thanks Received: 176

Although Ninjatrader advertises that you can can connect to Td Amertrades API , neither of them really support it. I have both a futures and equities account at TD and connected to them about 2 years ago with the TD api and I am pretty sure no one uses it because it was nothing but problems with all sorts of information out of sink issues. I talked to folks on both sides about it and got basically shrugs. I gave it the old college try a few days to no avail for making it any better.

quantismo

TD REALLY should stop advertising you can connect to TD .. its a false narrative IMO... If there are folks here using it correct me if I am wrong...

deftness
Baltimore, MD

quantismo View Post
Although Ninjatrader advertises that you can can connect to Td Amertrades API , neither of them really support it. I have both a futures and equities account at TD and connected to them about 2 years ago with the TD api and I am pretty sure no one uses it because it was nothing but problems with all sorts of information out of sink issues. I talked to folks on both sides about it and got basically shrugs. I gave it the old college try a few days to no avail for making it any better.

quantismo

TD REALLY should stop advertising you can connect to TD .. its a false narrative IMO... If there are folks here using it correct me if I am wrong...

Yeah, so I was using a nodejs wrapper around the TD api and I could get quotes about individual equities but could never get any futures data. I thought I also emailed them asking but can’t find that email now.

bchip 
Torino, Italy

Platform: TradeStation
Trading: ES,YM,CL,GC
Thanks Given: 160
Thanks Received: 116

deftness View Post
Yeah, so I was using a nodejs wrapper around the TD api and I could get quotes about individual equities but could never get any futures data. I thought I also emailed them asking but can’t find that email now.

Does anyone know if this has changed?
Im able to get stock data through python but struggling a bit with futures

Thanks

Last Updated on April 26, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts