NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Have any members used or tried MZpack indicators for NinjaTrader?

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one KahunaDog with 8 posts (7 thanks)
    2. looks_two lesoun with 6 posts (33 thanks)
    3. looks_3 alberteinstein7 with 6 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mhamrin with 5 posts (8 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one gisot with 8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two lesoun with 5.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Robotman with 2.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 mhamrin with 1.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 69,216 views
    2. thumb_up 106 thanks given
    3. group 54 followers
    1. forum 74 posts
    2. attach_file 11 attachments

Search this Thread

Have any members used or tried MZpack indicators for NinjaTrader?

nizarawi 
london united kingdom

Experience: None
Thanks Given: 9
Thanks Received: 0

after reading the conversation

purchased today , very good add-on

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
25 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
 planetkill 
New York City + NY/United States

Thanks Given: 107
Thanks Received: 294

I think the tradable parts of what mzpack offers can be found free online, for example Google TC_BarProfiler. There's other free indicators that further show most if not all that you would get with NT8s volumetric bars.

jalley 
La Grange, CA USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninjatrader, MetaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: MES, MNQ, M2K, MYM
Thanks Given: 14
Thanks Received: 7

I just purchased MZPack 3 Pro version! Can't wait to try it and write some strategies.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 travelinman 
Chester Springs, PA

Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: ES, 6E, CL
Thanks Given: 107
Thanks Received: 50

Thanks for all the comments and chart images for MZpack. They are now running a Black Friday (30% off) sale from Nov 16th to Nov 29th. I have been looking at their products recently along with some other vendors. Still on the fence, but from what I have seen and the price, it is very hard to beat.

Pocketful 
Vancouver, BC, Canada

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Ironbeam
Trading: MES YM
Thanks Given: 32
Thanks Received: 32

The MZpack is great value. I've purchased the footprint and BigTrade only because the NT8 license gives me usable market depth and delta tools.

I will shoot out and thank mk77ch member for his very good Footprint Chart for NT8. I sometimes use it in combination with mzFootprint. Find his indicators here

goodknight 
Dallas Texas/USA

Trading: stocks
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 4

This will probably sound like I am a salesman for Mzpack, but I assure you ,I am not affiliated with them in any way except as a purchaser/customer.
I have only been using Mzpack for about 1 month at the time that I am responding to this thread.

I found Mzpack when I was shopping around for a heatmap. I was amazed at the number of indicators they have packaged together, at very affordable price:
Heatmap, footprints, volume profile, and market delta. Their heatmap does not compare to Bookmap, but it is great for the $$ paid.

Regarding the tick replay issue - yes, you must use tick replay to use their indicators. This is not an issue with me because I do not need historical data. I use my heatmap to tell me where support & resistance are currently located. I care more about where support & resistance are at now, and don't really care about where it was at in the past.
So I enable tick replay in the data series gui, and I use 1 bar of historical data. This satisfies what the indicators want to see but speeds up the initial time to load.

The initial setup of the indicators have been a bit of an obstacle for me. The defaults are, of course, part of the initial program download, but you will most probably need to tweek them to make them match your particular taste. There is so much versatility built into these indicators that it makes the setup a bit time consuming, but part of the attributes of indicators with a lot of user defined functionality.
The biggest negative for me is the data required. They recommend using unfiltered data, which I have purchased, but it is costing me $165/mo.
Also, you need a fast computer with adequate RAM to run their tools.

The remainder of my input is the system requirements to run their indicators.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The performance of NinjaTrader 8 and MZpack indicators depends mainly on the complexity of your charts and intensity of the order flow of your instrument, but not the CPU performance. Note, 1 instrument and 10 instances of indicators will create significantly bigger load on your CPU than 2 instruments and 5 instances of indicators per each instrument.
The minimal system requirements are Intel Core i3/4Gb for 3-5 instances of indicators.
We recommend AMD Ryzen/Intel Core i7 (3.0+ GHz) with 16+ Gb of RAM for up to 8-10 instances of indicators. Note, that other 3rd party or built-in indicators that you might use will create additional load on your machine.
The recommended minimum number of cores is 4. Note, in NinjaTrader 8 single-core performance is more important than the number of cores. So, 4 cores/3.8GHz CPU will have better performance than 8 cores/2.8GHz CPU.

Thanked by:
 mhamrin 
Fort Worth TX USA

Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 12
Thanks Received: 20

goodknight View Post
This will probably sound like I am a salesman for Mzpack, but I assure you ,I am not affiliated with them in any way except as a purchaser/customer.
I have only been using Mzpack for about 1 month at the time that I am responding to this thread.

I found Mzpack when I was shopping around for a heatmap. I was amazed at the number of indicators they have packaged together, at very affordable price:
Heatmap, footprints, volume profile, and market delta. Their heatmap does not compare to Bookmap, but it is great for the $$ paid.

Regarding the tick replay issue - yes, you must use tick replay to use their indicators. This is not an issue with me because I do not need historical data. I use my heatmap to tell me where support & resistance are currently located. I care more about where support & resistance are at now, and don't really care about where it was at in the past.
So I enable tick replay in the data series gui, and I use 1 bar of historical data. This satisfies what the indicators want to see but speeds up the initial time to load.

The initial setup of the indicators have been a bit of an obstacle for me. The defaults are, of course, part of the initial program download, but you will most probably need to tweek them to make them match your particular taste. There is so much versatility built into these indicators that it makes the setup a bit time consuming, but part of the attributes of indicators with a lot of user defined functionality.
The biggest negative for me is the data required. They recommend using unfiltered data, which I have purchased, but it is costing me $165/mo.
Also, you need a fast computer with adequate RAM to run their tools.

The remainder of my input is the system requirements to run their indicators.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The performance of NinjaTrader 8 and MZpack indicators depends mainly on the complexity of your charts and intensity of the order flow of your instrument, but not the CPU performance. Note, 1 instrument and 10 instances of indicators will create significantly bigger load on your CPU than 2 instruments and 5 instances of indicators per each instrument.
The minimal system requirements are Intel Core i3/4Gb for 3-5 instances of indicators.
We recommend AMD Ryzen/Intel Core i7 (3.0+ GHz) with 16+ Gb of RAM for up to 8-10 instances of indicators. Note, that other 3rd party or built-in indicators that you might use will create additional load on your machine.
The recommended minimum number of cores is 4. Note, in NinjaTrader 8 single-core performance is more important than the number of cores. So, 4 cores/3.8GHz CPU will have better performance than 8 cores/2.8GHz CPU.

Mz is one of my core go-to indicators. It is amazing for the price. Regarding bookmap I have seen the stop run indicator. Looks like it could be very valuable. Mz has an iceberg indicator as well though. Not sure if it's going to function differently than the stop run indicator or if it's essentially the same thing. Are you using Rithmic for your raw data?

Take care...

0300trader 
Kapolei, Hawaii

Experience: Beginner
Trading: Emini ES
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 0

Does anyone care to share some of the settings they use on the mz pack

Klausi 
Germany

Experience: Advanced
Broker: Zen-Fire
Trading: CL,GC,6E
Thanks Given: 46
Thanks Received: 30

0300trader View Post
Does anyone care to share some of the settings they use on the mz pack

I have decided for acme - session - profile and I'm happy with it, for me the best ever seen, reliable, easy to configure and great overview.

alberteinstein7 
Boston, MA USA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader, Bookmap
Broker: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, MES, NQ, MNQ
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 13

cordoba View Post
https://www.mzpack.pro/product/mzvolumeprofile-for-ninjatrader-8/

Features listed as including:

"TPO or Market Profile with naked/extended levels: Open/Close, High/Low/Mid, IB High/Low, TPO POC/VAH/VAL".

I don't own the product but I did use the trial version. The market profile capabilities are reasonable.

That was my bad for not properly researching the product.
Therefore I have deleted my previous post.

Last Updated on October 3, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts