NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Ninjatrader 8 not ready for prime time?

Discussion in NinjaTrader

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bobc635 with 39 posts (66 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 30 posts (58 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Blash with 26 posts (24 thanks)
    4. looks_4 NinjaTrader with 22 posts (43 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one NinjaTrader with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 1.9 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobc635 with 1.7 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Blash with 0.9 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 93,343 views
    2. thumb_up 437 thanks given
    3. group 68 followers
    1. forum 310 posts
    2. attach_file 16 attachments

Search this Thread

Ninjatrader 8 not ready for prime time?

xiaosi 
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: JIGSAW/SIERRA CHART
Broker: MacQuarie Futures/AMP Clearing/CQG
Trading: HHI, HSI, FDAX
Thanks Given: 448
Thanks Received: 535

I'm pleased to say that this has been my very first "ninjatrader free" evening, ever! Daytradr and Sierra Chart together using a quarter of the memory that nt8 usually would....

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
About a successful futures trader who didn´t know anyth …
Psychology and Money Management
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

JonnyBoy 
Montreal, Quebec

Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: Kinetick
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 706
Thanks Received: 3,858

Quite the incremental update. For lifers, it now has Volume Profile.

My tickets appear to be officially closed with this release as well, which is, well, bloody excellent. Still hogs a lot of memory, but I do have quite a bit of stuff going on...

https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/en-us/?release_notes.htm

--------------------------------------------------------
- Trade what you see. Invest in what you believe -
--------------------------------------------------------
Thanked by:
 markbb10 
Treasure Coast, Florida

Platform: Ninja 8
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 57
Thanks Received: 50

Hello All,

I am just starting to look at NT8. I have used my current NT7 environment and indicators for a long time but thought it might be time to check out NT8.

After setting up my NT8 environment here is what I am seeing. I track the NQ and ES. on the open the NQ starts to lag on the chart almost every morning. The DOM for both instruments keeps up with the price movement just fine and the ES chart updates correctly as well but the NQ starts to lag to a point where it is almost 15 mins behind and remains that way.
As I type this it is 10:03AM and my NQ chart (377T) is working on the 9:42AM candle. My system appears to have plenty or resources available. If I was seeing lag on both instruments and/or the DOM's it would make more sense to me. I am primarily a NQ trader so this is a no go for me.

Any ideas on what may be happening is there a thread that might be more suited to this question?

Thanks,
mark

Both charts are using the same timeframe, indicators and are duplicated.

MiniP 
USA,USA
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: ES,
Thanks Given: 1,109
Thanks Received: 2,943

markbb10 View Post
Hello All,

I am just starting to look at NT8. I have used my current NT7 environment and indicators for a long time but thought it might be time to check out NT8.

After setting up my NT8 environment here is what I am seeing. I track the NQ and ES. on the open the NQ starts to lag on the chart almost every morning. The DOM for both instruments keeps up with the price movement just fine and the ES chart updates correctly as well but the NQ starts to lag to a point where it is almost 15 mins behind and remains that way.
As I type this it is 10:03AM and my NQ chart (377T) is working on the 9:42AM candle. My system appears to have plenty or resources available. If I was seeing lag on both instruments and/or the DOM's it would make more sense to me. I am primarily a NQ trader so this is a no go for me.

Any ideas on what may be happening is there a thread that might be more suited to this question?

Thanks,
mark

I Haven't had any NQ problems today, I would restart NT8. Sometimes it is very sluggish, replay isn't as good at NT7 but overall its been good for me and I mainly trade NQ. What type of charts are you using ?

-P

"Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie"-Miyamoto Musashi
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 markbb10 
Treasure Coast, Florida

This has not been a one day issue. I am seeing this most mornings. If I reboot NT8 now it will be fine, price will reflect correctly. It appears that it is from the opening volume that is lags and just never catches up. I use a couple of tick charts and a foot print chart.

MiniP View Post
I Haven't had any NQ problems today, I would restart NT8. Sometimes it is very sluggish, replay isn't as good at NT7 but overall its been good for me and I mainly trade NQ. What type of charts are you using ?

-P

NinjaTrader  NinjaTrader is an official Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Web: NinjaTrader
AMA: Ask Me Anything
Webinars: NinjaTrader Webinars
Elite offer: Click here

Thanks Given: 203
Thanks Received: 2,686

markbb10 View Post
Hello All,

Thanks,
mark

That is strange, please PM with a direct email and I will have someone from our team follow up with you on this.

Disclosure: This communication is sent to you by NinjaTrader, LLC, a software development company which owns and supports all proprietary technology relating to and including the NinjaTrader trading platform.
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 markbb10 
Treasure Coast, Florida

Thanks, I have a ticket open with Ninja and have just sent my log and trace files and some additional info.

NinjaTrader View Post
That is strange, please PM with a direct email and I will have someone from our team follow up with you on this.

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,514
Thanks Received: 26,292

markbb10 View Post
This has not been a one day issue. I am seeing this most mornings. If I reboot NT8 now it will be fine, price will reflect correctly. It appears that it is from the opening volume that is lags and just never catches up. I use a couple of tick charts and a foot print chart.

The best advice would be to contact NT support. They can, with your permission, remotely log onto your system and observe the behavior in real time, and have experience in diagnosing issues this way.

This behavior is definitely not normal for NT8, and I do not believe I have seen it reported on FIO before. Something is going on that you will need informed help to untangle.

Bob.

-----------

Update: just saw from the posts from @NinjaTrader that this already being done.

Thanked by:
 markbb10 
Treasure Coast, Florida

Thanks Bob, I am on that path now.

bobwest View Post
The best advice would be to contact NT support. They can, with your permission, remotely log onto your system and observe the behavior in real time, and have experience in diagnosing issues this way.

This behavior is definitely not normal for NT8, and I do not believe I have seen it reported on FIO before. Something is going on that you will need informed help to untangle.

Bob.

Thanked by:
 bobc635 
Tucson

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Stage5
Trading: CL, YM
Thanks Given: 137
Thanks Received: 233

Hi Mark, I have never had lag problems like that... certainly other problems that we have worked around... I would suggest sending Log and Trace files to Platform Support and also to your broker....

Good Luck and keep us posted.
Bob

markbb10 View Post
Hello All,

Thanks,
mark

Last Updated on July 17, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts