NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Experience with hypnotherapy?

Discussion in Psychology and Money Management

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Gary with 16 posts (37 thanks)
    2. looks_two George with 10 posts (22 thanks)
    3. looks_3 aquarian1 with 8 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Fat Tails with 7 posts (13 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one AkLio with 5.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Gary with 2.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 2.2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Fat Tails with 1.9 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 39,001 views
    2. thumb_up 158 thanks given
    3. group 32 followers
    1. forum 119 posts
    2. attach_file 6 attachments

Search this Thread

Experience with hypnotherapy?

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: IB and free NT
Broker: IB
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,509
Thanks Received: 2,593

[QUOT
Gary View Post

Lucid dreaming.

I have been studying lucid dreaming for many months now, and have had a handful. The last one happened about 2 weeks ago, and was very fun. Anyway, I think this is another tool we can use to gain access to our subconscious or to help perform visualization and practice for certain activities we may want to improve upon. Based on what I have read, in many cases, the mind works in a very similar way when we perform a physical activity, and then when we visualize the same activity on a regular basis through hypnotherapy, meditation, or lucid dreaming, for example.

I am still very new to this subject, and would love to hear other's thoughts and experiences on this subject.
Thoughts/comments?

Gary

@Gary

Are you able to control the flow of events in your lucid dreaming experiences Gary?
Can you construct sceens and play out a script of events?

Tks.

peace, love and joy to you
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
34 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
30 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
21 thanks

Gary 
Near Dallas, Texas, US

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ZenFire
Trading: CL
Thanks Given: 502
Thanks Received: 2,239

aquarian1 View Post
[QUOT
@ Gary

Are you able to control the flow of events in your lucid dreaming experiences Gary?
Can you construct sceens and play out a script of events?

Tks.

Aquarian1,

I have been able to control the scene and partially control what is happening in the lucid dreams, yes. The last one I had I was able to stay asleep, remain lucid, and control the scene for an extended period of time, which is what made it the best one I have had so far. I read a number of things regarding how to keep yourself lucid, and then tricks on how to control the scene and events going on. An example would be instead of just imagining a beach appearing in front of you, imagine there is one behind you, and picture it with detail, and expect it when you turn around, and then turn around. Or, when trying to fly, instead of just taking off, imagine you have to take 'steps' as you move further away from the ground. I guess it has to do with conscious mind still having a small part in telling you what you can actually do vs. what you tell it you can do in your dream.

What has your experience been with lucid dreaming?

Gary

As consistently profitable traders.. "We get paid to wait, and we wait to get paid."
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

Gary View Post
Aquarian1,

Gary

I haven't been able to do it yet.
I have a book on dreaming and the chapter that mentions lucid dreaming was interesting.
I'll have to dig it out and re-read the instructions.
The problem is that day trading has overtaken my life and I barely have enough time to take a deep breath! LOL
All the fun and interesting things have been pushed aside.

Can you recap the steps?
Tks

alchemist74 
Sofia, Bulgaria

Platform: IB,TOS
Trading: Options,ES,6E,ZB,SPX,RUT,CL
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 42

My English is too bad to explain good enough what i try but from my experience i can say this:
Hypnosis work perfect
NLP too
EFT is very good if u understood it good enough.
i tried all this above few yrs ago and will continue to use them to improve myself as a trader and as a person.

attached one of my favorite books about trading.

"A person with good self-discipline but poor trading method will outperform a person with poor self-discipline but the best trading method currently available."

Attached Thumbnails
Experience with hypnotherapy?-larry-lewin-secrets-emotion-free-trading.pdf  

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

alchemist74 View Post
My English is too bad to explain good enough what i try but from my experience i can say this:
Hypnosis work perfect
NLP too
EFT is very good if u understood it good enough.
i tried all this above few yrs ago and will continue to use them to improve myself as a trader and as a person.

attached one of my favorite books about trading.

"A person with good self-discipline but poor trading method will outperform a person with poor self-discipline but the best trading method currently available."

Thanks for the post and the book

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JOUR1.JPG
Views:	271
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	39318  
Thanked by:

monpere 
Bala, PA, USA

Experience: Intermediate
Broker: Mirus, IB
Trading: SPY, Oil, Euro
Thanks Given: 300
Thanks Received: 3,371

Gary View Post
Aquarian1,

I have been able to control the scene and partially control what is happening in the lucid dreams, yes. The last one I had I was able to stay asleep, remain lucid, and control the scene for an extended period of time, which is what made it the best one I have had so far. I read a number of things regarding how to keep yourself lucid, and then tricks on how to control the scene and events going on. An example would be instead of just imagining a beach appearing in front of you, imagine there is one behind you, and picture it with detail, and expect it when you turn around, and then turn around. Or, when trying to fly, instead of just taking off, imagine you have to take 'steps' as you move further away from the ground. I guess it has to do with conscious mind still having a small part in telling you what you can actually do vs. what you tell it you can do in your dream.

Gary

I was not aware you could learn to lucid dream. I have been lucid dreaming naturally ever since I can remember. I actually thought it was normal, and that was the way every body dreamed, until I happened upon a video online about it. My dreams generally start out normally, until at some point in the dream, some situation or event makes me question whether that event is plausible. From there on the dream will become lucid, and I can choose to wake up, or continue dreaming with lucid control of the dream. But I cannot plan and cause myself to have a lucid dream before I fall asleep, maybe with some practice that might be possible.

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

monpere View Post
I was not aware you could learn to lucid dream. I have been lucid dreaming naturally ever since I can remember. I actually thought it was normal, and that was the way every body dreamed, until I happened upon a video online about it. My dreams generally start out normally, until at some point in the dream, some situation or event makes me question whether that event is plausible. From there on the dream will become lucid, and I can choose to wake up, or continue dreaming with lucid control of the dream. But I cannot plan and cause myself to have a lucid dream before I fall asleep, maybe with some practice that might be possible.

I found the book with the steps so if someone wants them let me know.
Apparently 5-10% of the population do it naturally.

Gary if you wrote out a scenario before going to bed - like a visualizations - could you carry it out in your dreams?
(e.g. You are sitting in front of your screen and all the trades are going perfectly and you have $10,000 profit at the end of the day.)

Gary 
Near Dallas, Texas, US

Broker: ZenFire
Trading: CL
Thanks Given: 502
Thanks Received: 2,239

aquarian1 View Post
I found the book with the steps so if someone wants them let me know.
Apparently 5-10% of the population do it naturally.

Gary if you wrote out a scenario before going to bed - like a visualizations - could you carry it out in your dreams?
(e.g. You are sitting in front of your screen and all the trades are going perfectly and you have $10,000 profit at the end of the day.)

Hi Aquarian,

I am interested in learning more about the book/steps.

I have yet to be able to create a scenario and then carry it out in my dreams. The times I have become lucid were more spontaneous, then a script I had written. I have been able to create a landscape (an island) which I have created consciously while relaxing, in the dream, and then do things like fly over it, and cause people to appear, but I have not yet written a script in an attempt to play it out. I was hoping to get more consistent at becoming lucid before attempting to do this.

Thanks,
Gary

As consistently profitable traders.. "We get paid to wait, and we wait to get paid."
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

@ Gary
@monpere,

Hi!

OK I'll scan in the steps.

If you wanted to try the visualization creation (as an experiment for me) my thoughts are:
1. write a a brief description of the visualization scenario (brief for the test).
2. sit in a chair, relax your body and try going through it. (i.e. awake)
3. before going to sleep read it. then say aloud to yourself:
"Tonight in my sleep I will easily create a lucid dream and be able to follow the scenario I have created."

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

Here are the requested steps
They are in Word doc format.
(if someone has trouble reading them let me know)

Bonus attachment : testing reality

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: lucid steps.doc
Elite Membership required to download: REALITY TESTING METHODS.doc
Thanked by:

Last Updated on December 22, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts