NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Experience with hypnotherapy?

Discussion in Psychology and Money Management

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Gary with 16 posts (37 thanks)
    2. looks_two George with 10 posts (22 thanks)
    3. looks_3 aquarian1 with 8 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Fat Tails with 7 posts (13 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one AkLio with 5.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Gary with 2.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 2.2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Fat Tails with 1.9 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 38,987 views
    2. thumb_up 158 thanks given
    3. group 32 followers
    1. forum 119 posts
    2. attach_file 6 attachments

Search this Thread

Experience with hypnotherapy?

Zoethecus 
United States of America

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NT

Gary View Post
Zoe,

One last question, do you have or have you shared the results or the details on your automated trading system? If yes, please share the link where I can see more.

Thank you for the best wishes. I hope you have a great weekend as well and wish you continued success with your automated trading system.

Gary

Gary, with respect to your last question the answer is no. Not at all dissimilar from your initial remarks in the Gary's CL Method thread: "I would like to start with a simple statement of the primary idea of this post is to help me. Yes, I said me."

I hope you, too, have a great weekend and find what you seek in trading and life.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
34 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
15 thanks
Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM
13 thanks
 pintobronco 
Placerville, CA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninja Trader/Zin-Fire
Broker: Mirus
Trading: emini, beans
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 1

I used self hypnosis for 3 years go get through law school. I work full time and went to school at night. I wrote out a schedule and set of rules for every hour, every day for each semister and before I went to sleep each night went over the rules. It took about a year to really be programed but I passed the bar the first time and was totally relaxed while taking it. Mike's formula for making rules and a log follows right in line with such programming.
I say go for it but don't expect overnight success. It takes some time to develop the right habits.
al

Thanked by:

sam028 
Site Moderator

Thanks Given: 3,825
Thanks Received: 4,629

Fat Tails View Post
When I was younger, I tried some sort of meditation, but I do not understand what is self-hypnotization, and how it is different from meditation.

Take 5 minutes and read both Wikipedia definitions, it's very different.

Quoting 
Actually I am sort of seeing a guy sitting in front of a mirror redirecting his energy towards himself until he is hypnotized.... sorry for this picture.

Hmm, watching a candle (a real physical candle, not our chart candles ) light is easier than using a mirror (in my case), and their is no "energy" involved in the process.

Success requires no deodorant! (Sun Tzu)
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Gary 
Near Dallas, Texas, US

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ZenFire
Trading: CL
Thanks Given: 502
Thanks Received: 2,239

Zoethecus View Post
Gary, with respect to your last question the answer is no. Not at all dissimilar from your initial remarks in the Gary's CL Method thread: "I would like to start with a simple statement of the primary idea of this post is to help me. Yes, I said me."

I hope you, too, have a great weekend and find what you seek in trading and life.

Hey Zoe,

I can respect that. The difference being I went on to describe in detail my system, and how it works as well as numerous trade examples in detail with information on why I entered and exited. I replied to numerous PMs, started my public blog, etc. Yes, the primary reason was to help me, but the 'icing on the cake' ended up being me helping many others in various ways. Something to consider for yourself.

I still want to believe that the fact you are taking the time to read this thread, part of you believes you are lacking in one or more areas in some way, and could potentially benefit from something like Hypnotherapy. The real question you should ask is, what could it hurt?

Gary

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

rassi 
the congo

Platform: North sea oil rig
Trading: Cl
Thanks Given: 1,563
Thanks Received: 1,199

Gary, have you had the session yet? If so how was it?

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 Zoethecus 
United States of America

Platform: NT

Gary View Post
Hey Zoe,

I still want to believe that the fact you are taking the time to read this thread, part of you believes you are lacking in one or more areas in some way, and could potentially benefit from something like Hypnotherapy. The real question you should ask is, what could it hurt?

Gary

You can believe whatever you wish, but the fact is I'm reading this thread because it's a diversion from most of the other stuff in the forum and I'm bored.

anniebee321 
london

Experience: Beginner
Platform: ninja
Trading: fgbl
Thanks Given: 64
Thanks Received: 44

Ruth barrons roosevelt is a pychology coach and trader -- her books are excellent for helping you to remove bad habitual thinking or help identify some of the traits holding you back

George 
Sweden

Experience: Master
Platform: TT, NT, MetaTrader
Broker: Velocity Futures, MB Trading
Trading: EUR/USD
Thanks Given: 1,005
Thanks Received: 1,326

Hypnosis works!!!

And it works in two ways.

1:
It works in order to get rid of so called junk material in ones subconscious. Remember the mind is only creative, and it only knows how to make one's future based on one's past. There should also be mentioned that our human brain is the most illogical and irrational thing we own. It lacks anything that has to do with logic, and it bases all it's work on perception.

With the help of hypnosis, we get the necessary changes in order to "remould" our future based on our "new past".

and...

2:
It works in order to get yourself a desired input by programing one's subconscious.

NOW!
In order to get hypnosis to work, one has to have the right mental attitude. There are normally four mental attitudes counted. Here they are:
(the process of hypnosis is based on suggestions given by the hypnotherapist)

# 1
"I like that suggestion. I know it's going to work for me!"
# 2
"I don't know; it sounds a little uncomfortable to me. It just doesn't fit me."
"I'm neutral about it. I don't care if I get it or don't get it."
# 4
"I like that suggestion. I hope it works!"

ONLY ONE WORKS! Guess which one?!

Now you do the math, and ask yourselves if hypnosis is something dangerous, or if it is something very powerful, that is very much controlled by you and no one else!

We all struggle to make tomorrow look like yesterday!
Get rid of your past and let the future unfold from the now.
Past performance is not indicative of future results.
/George

Fat Tails 
Berlin, Europe
Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader, MultiCharts
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: Keyboard
Thanks Given: 4,242
Thanks Received: 27,102

George, you forgot to mention one:

"I don't like it and I am quite sure that it won't work"

And the point is that I would not like and would not want to permit a hypnotherapist, whom I do not know to dig into my subconscious and manipulate it. This would be a question of faith, and I wouldn't trust a stranger to that point.

To establish faith, it takes time, a long standing relationship or friendship would be a prerequisite to undergo hypnotherapy, the hypnotherapist next corner would possibly only hear some bad jokes, and as we know humour is just one of the ways of negation.

So I have to find a different way to unlearn/unwind my bad habits, maybe stop posting here, as it is sort of a distraction?

George View Post
# 1
"I like that suggestion. I know it's going to work for me!"
# 2
"I don't know; it sounds a little uncomfortable to me. It just doesn't fit me."
"I'm neutral about it. I don't care if I get it or don't get it."
# 4
"I like that suggestion. I hope it works!"

ONLY ONE WORKS! Guess which one?!

Now you do the math, and ask yourselves if hypnosis is something dangerous, or if it is something very powerful, that is very much controlled by you and no one else!

Thanked by:

Gary 
Near Dallas, Texas, US

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ZenFire
Trading: CL
Thanks Given: 502
Thanks Received: 2,239

rassi View Post
Gary, have you had the session yet? If so how was it?

Hey Rassi/All,

Yes, I had the session last Friday morning. It went pretty well as expected.

We spoke for a good 90 minutes about various subjects helping her to understand what it was I was looking for help with, get exact terminology, etc. I then went thru various stages of relaxation, and then mental imagery, and finally a mental picture of me in my office trading, in as much detail as possible. While the last was happening, I could hear the voice of the hypnotherapist using positive words and phrases, and reminding me how to breathe to stay as relaxed as possible. I was aware of what she was saying the entire time, and could have "awaken" at any time if I really felt the need.

It was nothing magical or spiritual in any way, simply a reminder to me that I need to stay positive at all times (for trading and otherwise), use whatever technique works for me to stay relaxed the entire time while trading (mine happens to be deep breathing), and reinforced my belief in mental imagery / practicing various situations in your head to help you stay relaxed and calm, which will allow you to make the best decisions without other factors, like unnecessary fears or anxieties getting in the way. I think the key is getting details from the mental pictures, textures, smells, colors, etc.

I probably won't see the hypnotherapist again, but feel I got my money's worth from the visit, and have a number of things to work on by myself.

Gary

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Last Updated on December 22, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts