NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Experience with hypnotherapy?

Discussion in Psychology and Money Management

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Gary with 16 posts (37 thanks)
    2. looks_two George with 10 posts (22 thanks)
    3. looks_3 aquarian1 with 8 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Fat Tails with 7 posts (13 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one AkLio with 5.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Gary with 2.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 2.2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Fat Tails with 1.9 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 38,977 views
    2. thumb_up 158 thanks given
    3. group 32 followers
    1. forum 119 posts
    2. attach_file 6 attachments

Search this Thread

Experience with hypnotherapy?

AkLio 
Canada

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninja 7
Broker: IB
Trading: 6E ES
Thanks Given: 28
Thanks Received: 69

Something you may want to listen to ....

This is very interesting.... Everytime I listened to it, (part B), I felt to sleep like a rock

Lio

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: Paul McKenna - Hypnosis Tape - A - Supreme Self Confidence.zip
Elite Membership required to download: Paul McKenna - Hypnosis Tape - B - Supreme Self Confidence.zip

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
33 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
11 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
11 thanks

lolu 
Lagos, Nigeria
Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader, SierraChart
Trading: Euro Currency & Oil
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Hours
Thanks Given: 1,049
Thanks Received: 1,678

Gary View Post
I plan on visiting a local clinical hypnotherapist and wanted to see what experience others had with a hypnotherapist. Have any information to share good or bad? Trading related or otherwise?

Thanks,
Gary

Gary,

You don't need no hypnotherapy clinic. You need FAITH CLINIC - you are created to be free from any form of infirmity. So, SLEEP well - if you miss some hours of sleep, make it back to the extent that you have at least 5-6 hours of sleep within 24 hours (which is usually a day); DO PHYSICAL EXERCISE; BE SPIRITUAL, etc (see "Physiology and Psychology" in the first post of my thread here).

IT IS WELL WITH YOU !!!!!!!!!

Lolu

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

LukeGeniol 
Italy (IT) Italy

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ATAS, R|Trader, NT8
Broker: Rithmic
Trading: CL, Brent, GC, TF
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 408
Thanks Received: 985

Hypnotherapy is rigth for some issue, like quit smoking, but for other thinks there are many better therapy options.

Luke.

P.s. Meditation is a good option for calmness, focusing, etc...........

Take your Pips, go out and Live.
Luke.
 vegasfoster 
las vegas

Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: Velocity/IB
Trading: 6E
Thanks Given: 304
Thanks Received: 844

I believe if you believe it will help, then it probably will.

Thanked by:

LukeGeniol 
Italy (IT) Italy

Platform: ATAS, R|Trader, NT8
Broker: Rithmic
Trading: CL, Brent, GC, TF
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 408
Thanks Received: 985

vegasfoster View Post
I believe if you believe it will help, then it probably will.

I completely agree with you in half......ahahahhaha

Luke.

Take your Pips, go out and Live.
Luke.

Fat Tails 
Berlin, Europe
Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader, MultiCharts
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: Keyboard
Thanks Given: 4,242
Thanks Received: 27,102

I am not reactive to hypnotherapy and would not consider trying it for myself. But I know some persons who are.

The main challenge I face are my own (self-learned) behavioural patterns. Some are me serving well and others are not. Behavioural patterns that are incompatible with my (financial) goals are deeply anchored in my subconscious and I have to unlearn them step by step. I do not believe that unlearning those can be done via hypnotherapy, but I think that unlearning is hard work, which involves

- daily goals
- physical exercise and training
- self-monitoring
- try and error
- keeping a trading journal
- repeat successful experience
- if need look for a qualified mentor (did not try this)

Trading requires a high degree of discipline and little creativity. A bit of dumbness actually helps . Creativity destabilizes profitability.

So need to unlearn unprofitable habits, need to form new instincts that adapt to the counterintuitive way of trading.

My personal enemies are

- loss aversion (not taking my losses early, might go back into profits)
- scaling out too early and without reason (not letting my profits run)
- not adding to my winners (also driven by loss aversion)
- violating my own rules, when catching the wrong one of two conflicting signals
- lack of patience and easily being distracted (the cat needs to wait for the bird to come close enough that the odds are in her favor, but neighbours dog might let her forget that she is hungry)

Trading is a game with a negative expectancy, it is a loser's game. The losses do not come regularly, but irregularly, this is the vicious property of fat tails. One day can destroy it all.

The best books I have read on trading psychology are those of Brett Steenbarger and Mark Douglas. I am reading them again from time to time to dig this into my mind.

earlyriser 
Denver

Platform: Ninja
Broker: Zen Fire
Trading: GC, CL
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 5

I have experience with NLP and Hypnotherapy they work pretty good IMO. Like trading you have to find what works for you. I like Bandler's books since he co founded NLP. You can even make your own programs with Neuroprogammer 3 its pretty neat.

Most believe, except Denise Shull, you are what you think and believe. Not to disparage her at all. I went to hypnotherapist as a young adult because I had a tough time as kid in dysfunctional family. It helped a lot. The therapist created a special tape for me, but because I have/had some self sabotage behaviors I quit listening after a couple of months.

Later I bought some tapes from Marshall Sylver, they are great, you can find them on Ebay cheap, his mentoring he got in trouble with though, but tapes are good value.

Here is something important to realize. Some ppl are easier to hypnotize than others. Those that are more open to suggestions.

I have also used Trading Mind software its pretty good but she uses not and no in recordings which I have been told is a no no in programming the mind.

One of the reasons I checked out Kam and L2ST is he is an NLP guy and focuses alot on psych issues. He recommended Ari Kiev, The Pysch of Risk, RIP, whom was a trading coach for Stevie Cohen of SAC.

Hope it helps.

P.S. Before I ever did any hypnotherapy I watched Marshall's stage act 20 years ago. He had ppl doing the most crazy things and they weren't staged because my friend was one of the guppies. Hypnosis works, better for some than others.

Thanked by:

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

Experience: None
Thanks Given: 6,329
Thanks Received: 13,405

Gary View Post
I also want to add I strongly believe in the power of the subconscious mind and how for example, things can affect us for years and years, and we aren't consciously aware of them. These can be both positive and negative. I am sure many of you can see things happen in your trading career which have you asking yourself, why did I do that? Were you able to confidently determine the answer to that question? Then, why did you do it again, and again, and again?

I have watched a number of interesting videos on people speaking about self-sabotage, and how some believe it is a self-protection mechanism to help you rid yourself of stress, by returning to you the place you were more comfortable. This could be for people who are consistently making money or not. One gave an example of a person losing money by not following their rules, yet, they do it over and over. Why? They are under stress as most traders are in the beginning, and their brain is looking for a way to end that stressful situation. How? By losing all of their money so they can no longer trade. Interesting perspective and just one example of self-sabotage. You could also see this with people who win the lottery. They are unable to handle it, and self sabotage their way back to the same financial condition they were before they won.

Are you able to trade all day/every day without anxiety? If yes, then you are a step ahead of me in this sense.

I am going to approach the hypnotherapy session with an open mind, and a belief I will gain something the session. How much and how soon? I don't know the answer to that, but believe it has great potential.

Gary

Its funny, I have experienced this very thing.....my brain doing self sabotage to myself to bring an unpleasent situation to an end. Even though I wanted fix the situation for the better, I found myself doing the exact opposite of what would have been beneficial and sure enough, the situation ended badly but I was out of it. I was even aware at the time it was happening but I guess i wanted out so bad I was willing to risk everything to get out. Looking back, i could have fixed it but the effort was to great, i was not prepared to make the sacrifices necessary to do so and my brain knew that.

I see in trading too but I want this very badly and my brain is working on ways to make it happen. I can feel and sense it.

I am a person of faith. Not perfect of course, but striving. My faith has many many many things to say about how a person thinks. That thinking is the keystone to mastery in life. How a person thinks determines how they act and how they act determines the failure or success they experience in life. So proper thinking will lead to success.

This is a universal principal and not limited to my brand of faith, thats why it works universally and why some of the most ancient religious texts are full of profound words of wisdom regarding right thinking......

Keep it going Gary, i think you will find what you are looking for.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication, Leonardo da Vinci

Most people chose unhappiness over uncertainty, Tim Ferris
Thanked by:

Gary 
Near Dallas, Texas, US

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ZenFire
Trading: CL
Thanks Given: 502
Thanks Received: 2,239

Thank you to everyone who replied. I look forward to my session tomorrow, and will let anyone who is interested know how it goes.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

tickvix 
USA

Platform: Infinity
Broker: Infinity
Trading: ES, Euro
Thanks Given: 137
Thanks Received: 157

Aklio

Thank you for your tape today. It was great to listen to it today since I did not have very good morning today. I got righ to the second tape and with in 2 min I found my mind wondering around a bit. I got relaxed and to the end I come out actually relaxed. I do not know if this is going to help my trading, but my first exprience so far is very good. Once more thank you for the post. People you should try this.

Last Updated on December 22, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts