NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

" DeSimulated " - Ceerock81's Awakening

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Ceerock81 with 83 posts (138 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 8 posts (20 thanks)
    3. looks_3 SoftSoap with 4 posts (17 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Comeback King with 3 posts (9 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one SoftSoap with 4.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two rocksolid68 with 4.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 2.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Ceerock81 with 1.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 18,938 views
    2. thumb_up 207 thanks given
    3. group 15 followers
    1. forum 109 posts
    2. attach_file 116 attachments

Search this Thread

" DeSimulated " - Ceerock81's Awakening

Ceerock81 
Raleigh, NC

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: Futures, Options, Crypto
Thanks Given: 353
Thanks Received: 196

We made it !!! Too bad I couldn't capitalize on this move..

"It's not about being right or wrong, it's about how much money you make when you're right, and how much you don't lose when you're wrong"
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
About a successful futures trader who didn´t know anyth …
Psychology and Money Management
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
What is Markets Chat (markets.chat) real-time trading ro …
80 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
55 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
46 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
35 thanks
The Program
19 thanks

Ceerock81 
Raleigh, NC

Went back live this morning after having such a good week last week sim, and did well most of December.

I got crushed this morning !Couldn't read price at all !!! I got chopped up in every direction, even sideways.

What a welcome back to me

I wont stress , there's always tomorrow.

Down 9 points for today + a bunch of commission. Not sure how much right now. Not in the mood to check.

Sent from my iPhone using futures.io

"It's not about being right or wrong, it's about how much money you make when you're right, and how much you don't lose when you're wrong"
Thanked by:

Ceerock81 
Raleigh, NC

After going back to live trades in the new year, I experienced a bunch losing days in a row. Mostly larger losing days than my previous experiences. So I decided to take a break before I caused myself any emotional damage. I needed to reevaluate my approach. My large losers were ALL due to not following my trade plan and poor risk management. The past couple of weeks I have just been reading up on price action, risk management, some psychology and reading a book called "The logical Trader" by Mark Fisher.

When I first started trading I knew it would be a long journey to profitability. I will not let my recent losses discourage me. I will use what I have learned to make myself a better trader and apply better money management techniques. I will stay in sim mode for a little while longer and strictly implement my risk management rules until I feel they are ingrained in my every thought while in a trade.

One day I would like to look back at this journal and smile while I relive my journey.

My business is getting a little busier right now, so I might not be able to trade 5 days a week. But I will definitely continue to dedicate my evenings to either replay trades or reading and studying. Thanks to all who have been a part of my journey and who have contributed to my ongoing improvement. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanked by:

Ceerock81 
Raleigh, NC

I won't post much today, just some screen shots. I took 2 trades today. one with 2 contracts and one with one contract and very small stop. the only reason I took the second contract is because I noticed there would be extremely low range this morning and just wanted to squeeze in an extra few points.

Then right around here I exited with about 12.5 points.

Then I took one more low risk trade that did not pan out and ended up +10 points. I have to get to work soon , so i'll call it a day .
Good Luck !!

Ceerock81 
Raleigh, NC

Yesterdays price seemed weak during RTH. Seems like ETH has more faith in NQ than RTH. RTH faile to bring price back up to ATH. I am not saying this is the end of the rally, just saying that unless something special happens, we might be ranging for a while... (Maybe)

If we get a press higher @ open into my area of interest , I will take a small-risk short around 5166-5168 with a 5 point stop and ride it down for 10-15 points while moving my stop to BE.

If we get a strong downward move, then I will wait for a chance to enter long for a 10-15 point move..

And this is what happened fellas.......

-Short @5166
Placed a second order for second contract @ 5167, it it was too late and price left it behind.. would've been nice.

Move stop to 2 points above break even...

Went almost exactly as planned..almost .

Tempted to get back in,but I will hold back and go to work early... this is what has gotten me into trouble before.
This feels like a fake out! tempted to scalp 6-10 points

would have gotten my scalp, but this could be another pullback ???

I will leave now, before I do something stupid. Good luck !!!

POST 100 !!!!!!

Ceerock81 
Raleigh, NC

I have a busy today ahead of me. I was able to come to the desk for 30 minutes, but I must go. Due to President Trumps actions last week, I was already expecting the markets to take a slight dive this morning, So I was confident in my one trade and banked a few points. unfortunately I had a target of 6 more points, but got a bit scared and flattened early.

This is enough bank to satisfy my goals for now, So Good Luck !!!!

Thanked by:

Ceerock81 
Raleigh, NC

-Chicago PMI @ 945
-Consumer sentiment @ 10:00

-Price took a dive yesterday morning, probably due to Trumps Executive Orders., Then a small bounce after 10:30.
-ON had a small range.
-Trump meets with some big pharma people today. Depending on how that meeting goes, it can move the NQ around a bit
-Expecting a bearish morning. At least until 11:00
-ADR: 37.38, ETH VWAP:5113, WVWAP:5115, MVWAP:5148, YPOC: 5115

-Seems 5115 is an important number for today
-Price is currently below 5115 and below Pivot
-Expecting a small push higher @ open then failure around 5117-5122 and bearish until lunch

Ceerock81 
Raleigh, NC

I took a short a little sooner than I wanted to, but it worked out well. when I realized that I entered at a decent price, I placed an order for a second contract. price finally came up and took my order.

Second contract I just scalped for 7 points and moved my original stop to BE. Then when I had 11 points on the first contract, My gut told me to get out !

And now I 'm done !! Good Luck !!!

Ceerock81 
Raleigh, NC

For the people who were keeping up with my progress; sorry I was away for so long. My business picked up dramatically for a few weeks and caught me by surprise. Its a good thing but it took away from my trading. I also took my family on Vacation for a couple of weeks to visit Mickey Mouse. DECOMPRESSING !!!!! Now I am back. Not sure if I will be able to trade everyday, But I will definitely try.

For today , I am thinking short ..

Thanked by:

Ceerock81 
Raleigh, NC

Took a few trades. I will quit now to get back to work.
Overall I took 3 trades . First trade I was up 10 points. Then I was down 3.25 ... what a mess. Should have done way better . too many mistakes. here are some screen shots. I have to go so you guys might have to decipher them.

Long here . took about 9.5 points

After losing a bunch of point, I took 2 lots short at resistance and M-VWAP

After ALL that ... I gave back so many points and made many bad decisions, I still ended up with a small win.

GOOD LUCK !!!!

Thanked by:

Last Updated on June 14, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts