NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

GPI Trading Group

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one SpeculatorSeth with 4 posts (7 thanks)
    2. looks_two forgiven with 4 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 tbondtrader with 2 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Heph333 with 2 posts (5 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one sam028 with 3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Heph333 with 2.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 SpeculatorSeth with 1.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 tbondtrader with 0.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 5,210 views
    2. thumb_up 18 thanks given
    3. group 7 followers
    1. forum 15 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

GPI Trading Group

tbondtrader 
midwest

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninja trader+tws
Broker: amp/cqg
Trading: zb and es
Thanks Given: 1,042
Thanks Received: 474

its a a one man shop... john will get back to you. his morning prep is pretty good. i did a trial for 7 trading days...

tb

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
need some ninjascript help
Traders Hideout
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

NGtrader 
Burnaby, BC Canada

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: Ironbeam, Kinetick
Trading: ES, CL, RTY
Thanks Given: 758
Thanks Received: 201

I signed up for their morning prep twice, still haven't gotten anything.

Update: He just got back to me and added me to the list. If he's a one-man shop, it explains the delay.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 SpeculatorSeth   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 22
Thanks Received: 1,018

So John did get back to me, and I've been participating in their trading room for a few weeks now.

Every morning you are sent a GoToMeeting link to join the room. It is a small room with maybe 8-12 traders a day. You are able to see John's charts, and speak via voice chat. There is also a set of proprietary indicators in NinjaTrader7 that you are given access to. The indicators are based on things such as moving averages and CCI, but have additional features to assist in trading with them. I quite like some of the features they've come up with, and it's one of the big selling points in my view. Every active member of the room seems to have their own way of trading, and there is constant discussion about new possible setups. The focus of the room is not so much on following the room leader as it is helping each individual refine their strategies.

Since it is a small room with active voice chat, you get to know everyone fairly well. I've found that the chat helps me stay focused, and I don't overtrade as much since trying it out. Bond traders should definitely try out their trial.

forgiven 
Fletcher NC
Market Wizard

Platform: nijia trader
Broker: A.M.P. I.Q. ....C.Q.G.
Trading: ym es
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Days
Thanks Given: 287
Thanks Received: 580

TWDsje View Post
So John did get back to me, and I've been participating in their trading room for a few weeks now.

Every morning you are sent a GoToMeeting link to join the room. It is a small room with maybe 8-12 traders a day. You are able to see John's charts, and speak via voice chat. There is also a set of proprietary indicators in NinjaTrader7 that you are given access to. The indicators are based on things such as moving averages and CCI, but have additional features to assist in trading with them. I quite like some of the features they've come up with, and it's one of the big selling points in my view. Every active member of the room seems to have their own way of trading, and there is constant discussion about new possible setups. The focus of the room is not so much on following the room leader as it is helping each individual refine their strategies.

Since it is a small room with active voice chat, you get to know everyone fairly well. I've found that the chat helps me stay focused, and I don't overtrade as much since trying it out. Bond traders should definitely try out their trial.

he says he calls out his trades on the hard right edge in real time showing his dome,targets, stops... does he do that and do you and the trades in the room take his trades..or is that hype ...thanks for your reviews

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 SpeculatorSeth   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 22
Thanks Received: 1,018

forgiven View Post
he says he calls out his trades on the hard right edge in real time showing his dome,targets, stops... does he do that and do you and the trades in the room take his trades..or is that hype ...thanks for your reviews

Everyone in the room is pretty open about when they are taking trades. It's an open mic meeting so people just say what they are thinking or where they are entering as it happens. John, the room moderator, is always discussing what he is thinking and possible trade locations. This is especially true with the morning notes which are a big part of how he trades. He's always willing to comment on a trade you might be thinking about making, and he answers any questions you ask him.

However, I have found that GPI isn't like other rooms where everyone is just following the room moderator. I don't really think rooms like that help because that just teaches you how to follow someone else instead of how to actually trade. John shows you everything you need to trade with his method, but I've found the focus is much more on individual trader development. For instance, John was able to help me see some of the places where I was screwing myself up, and how to pick my trades better. What you get from GPI isn't just some signal to follow, but a group of traders that will help you develop yourself.

forgiven 
Fletcher NC
Market Wizard

Platform: nijia trader
Broker: A.M.P. I.Q. ....C.Q.G.
Trading: ym es
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Days
Thanks Given: 287
Thanks Received: 580

TWDsje View Post
Everyone in the room is pretty open about when they are taking trades. It's an open mic meeting so people just say what they are thinking or where they are entering as it happens. John, the room moderator, is always discussing what he is thinking and possible trade locations. This is especially true with the morning notes which are a big part of how he trades. He's always willing to comment on a trade you might be thinking about making, and he answers any questions you ask him.

However, I have found that GPI isn't like other rooms where everyone is just following the room moderator. I don't really think rooms like that help because that just teaches you how to follow someone else instead of how to actually trade. John shows you everything you need to trade with his method, but I've found the focus is much more on individual trader development. For instance, John was able to help me see some of the places where I was screwing myself up, and how to pick my trades better. What you get from GPI isn't just some signal to follow, but a group of traders that will help you develop yourself.

i was not thinking about signing up to just follow the leader. how ever you can spend a lot of time trying to figure out if the leaders method has a edge or not. the real test.. is does the leader show his dome and trades ever day. is he green ever week. if you can not see that like a bars ass going over the hill . you do not know. i have traded 11 years i could open a room ..give you better levels by copying my prep plan from JS services. help the new traders that are wetting there pants. does that mean i can day trade..no. i just more educated...

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Last Updated on April 13, 2017

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts