NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Edevaay by @devdas

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Silvester17 with 23 posts (95 thanks)
    2. looks_two devdas with 10 posts (23 thanks)
    3. looks_3 paps with 5 posts (10 thanks)
    4. looks_4 dk27 with 3 posts (8 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Silvester17 with 4.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two dk27 with 2.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 devdas with 2.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 paps with 2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 43,086 views
    2. thumb_up 151 thanks given
    3. group 18 followers
    1. forum 51 posts
    2. attach_file 42 attachments

Search this Thread

Edevaay by @devdas

Silvester17 
Columbus, OH
Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: NT 8, TOS
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 5,139
Thanks Received: 11,527

I can't remember how many requests I read about a vwap with user defined start and end time/points. so far I haven't seen a satisfactory solution to accomplish this. an example would be to add a vwap to swing highs and lows. or to use it in a "midas" way etc.

something like this:

it took me less than 1 minute to add those vwaps

all this is possible with @devdas new tool, called DrawCator vwap (drawing the indicator). the vwap is actually used as a drawing tool. so you can "draw" the vwap wherever you want on your charts. on top of that, you can create alerts and also it's accessible from other ninja scripts. really amazing and it also shows the power of the new nt8!!

https://www.edevaay.com/tool-box/drawcator-vwap/

here's how it works:

Started this thread Reply With Quote
The following 6 users say Thank You to Silvester17 for this post:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Request for MACD with option to use different MAs for fa …
NinjaTrader
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Retail Trading As An Industry
67 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
47 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
43 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
32 thanks
What percentage per day is possible? [Poll]
31 thanks

Silvester17 
Columbus, OH
Market Wizard

as mentioned in my prior post, the draw cator vwap can be accessed by indicators/strategies.

here's a simple indicator that shows a normal session vwap and also paints the bars above and below the current vwap. just one of many possibilities. I really like that concept

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: edevaayDrawCatorVWAPIndicator.cs
The following 5 users say Thank You to Silvester17 for this post:

Silvester17 
Columbus, OH
Market Wizard

another great feature that can be used with the draw cator vwap is the "future price alerts". with those alerts you can:

- play a sound
- share a message
- show a popup dialog
- submit an order

@devdas made a video that shows/helps how to use the alerts to initiate a trade. truly a great and powerful tool, well done!!

The following 6 users say Thank You to Silvester17 for this post:

Silvester17 
Columbus, OH
Market Wizard

there's a new product on @devdas website:

- a volume ladder https://www.edevaay.com/tool-box/volume-ladder

who doesn't remember the remarkable volume ladder metro edition for nt 7? well this new product for nt 8 is something different. the current built is just a basic version. it doesn't have all the features available like the metro edition. although there're lots of options for customization and functionality. very interesting is the "footprint mode" where you have 5 different options for delta calculations. depending who your data feed provider is or if you're trading fast markets where traditional delta calculations can be off.

according to the website, there'll be a major upgrade (with price hike) early next year. it's my understanding that some of the "popular" options available for volume ladders will be included in that upgrade. but I believe the main purpose is the possibility to add your own personal "ideas".

again, something unique, very impressive. well done

also there has been an upgrade to the drawcator vwap with new features:

- fill color in upper/lower mid bands
- standard deviations value input

The following 9 users say Thank You to Silvester17 for this post:

paps 
SF Bay Area + CA/US

Platform: TS, TOS, Ninja(Analytics)
Trading: NQ CL, ES when volatile mrkts
Thanks Given: 2,176
Thanks Received: 1,726

if someone is using the ladder. Would it be possible for you to post a few charts of ES today's in particular.

Right after RTH close... pls show a 695Tickbar chart. price from the 58-59s to 70. 695Tickbar will be perfect to see. Kindly illustrate tool highlights with the 695Tickbar chart. Will be awesome if this can be seen.

thnx

The following 2 users say Thank You to paps for this post:
 hoolio 
Melbourne, Australia

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT8, Multicharts,Sierra
Broker: CQG, IB
Trading: YM,CL,GC,6E,6J
Thanks Given: 85
Thanks Received: 60

I love footprints so I have requested a free trial of the Activity Bars.
I'll let you know my thoughts Sylvester

The following 2 users say Thank You to hoolio for this post:

Silvester17 
Columbus, OH
Market Wizard

paps View Post
if someone is using the ladder. Would it be possible for you to post a few charts of ES today's in particular.

Right after RTH close... pls show a 695Tickbar chart. price from the 58-59s to 70. 695Tickbar will be perfect to see. Kindly illustrate tool highlights with the 695Tickbar chart. Will be awesome if this can be seen.

thnx

695 tick chart:

I also like the "daily" view of the volume:

there're many different display options. here's another example for volume and delta:

but what's even more important is that the calculations (bid/ask, delta & volume) are done correctly. especially for order flow tools it's important to have correct numbers (including the whole coding of course), because you rely on them. and that's what separates tools made by @devdas and @gomi from other vendors. I know I can trust them!!

The following 4 users say Thank You to Silvester17 for this post:

paps 
SF Bay Area + CA/US

Platform: TS, TOS, Ninja(Analytics)
Trading: NQ CL, ES when volatile mrkts
Thanks Given: 2,176
Thanks Received: 1,726

Fantastic ..great...n thnx for the charts. I was there on this move from below...but was expecting a Boom somewhere there and needed to see the charts. Thanks again @Silvester17

Yupp I do use GOM from @gomi. I love it..though i use only Up/Dn proxy way

I think this tool also should be equally good. Have always heard good stuff on @devdas products I have had some issues with NT8 memory loss.... n not been able to move onto it the way i would have love to. especially since am having to port everything from nt7 to nt8...& hence running both simultaneously till port mid of next yr. Probably my HDD is the culprit which is running extremely low 8GB .

btw @Silvester17 whats the Profile in Yellow?...is that also part of the volume ladder.

I wish for few things @devdas ...hoping that would come in time esepcially the Bid/Ask/Total Vol, etc to be displayed below either using numbers and or histograms.

And ofcourse if you taking any private requests @devdas....i would love to be able to see a Delta super imposed from a User Defined timeFraming delta on the horizontal axis where Delta is being exposed. Yupp that may not be how Ninja allows mix of TFs....but is helpful. And if Delta can be done...the Bid/Ask etc also could be

anyways let me fix the Ninja8 thingie...will get the ladder

thnx again

Silvester17 View Post
695 tick chart:

I also like the "daily" view of the volume:

there're many different display options. here's another example for volume and delta:

but what's even more important is that the calculations (bid/ask, delta & volume) are done correctly. especially for order flow tools it's important to have correct numbers (including the whole coding of course), because you rely on them. and that's what separates tools made by @devdas and @gomi from other vendors. I know I can trust them!!

The following 2 users say Thank You to paps for this post:

Silvester17 
Columbus, OH
Market Wizard

paps View Post
Fantastic ..great...n thnx for the charts. I was there on this move from below...but was expecting a Boom somewhere there and needed to see the charts. Thanks again @Silvester17

Yupp I do use GOM from @gomi. I love it..though i use only Up/Dn proxy way

I think this tool also should be equally good. Have always heard good stuff on @devdas products I have had some issues with NT8 memory loss.... n not been able to move onto it the way i would have love to. especially since am having to port everything from nt7 to nt8...& hence running both simultaneously till port mid of next yr. Probably my HDD is the culprit which is running extremely low 8GB .

btw @Silvester17 whats the Profile in Yellow?...is that also part of the volume ladder.

I wish for few things @devdas ...hoping that would come in time esepcially the Bid/Ask/Total Vol, etc to be displayed below either using numbers and or histograms.

And ofcourse if you taking any private requests @devdas....i would love to be able to see a Delta super imposed from a User Defined timeFraming delta on the horizontal axis where Delta is being exposed. Yupp that may not be how Ninja allows mix of TFs....but is helpful. And if Delta can be done...the Bid/Ask etc also could be

anyways let me fix the Ninja8 thingie...will get the ladder

thnx again

@paps,

yes that memory loss problem can be very frustrating. and I still don't quite understand it. in the beginning I also suffered from it, but one day it disappeared. anyway there's some good advice from @Sim22 that might be helpful. especially this one:

Quoting 

I always open NT8 now with ONLY a simple workspace (all else should be closed) with only a couple of naked minute/tick charts on it. Connect to your broker, let the data load, then open your complicated workspaces. This seems to solve most memory leaks. The change from Historical state to Realtime seems to cause NT8 some grief with the OnRender method

and yes, that yellow profile is part of the ladder. and remember, early next year there'll be a major upgrade with new stuff...

The following 4 users say Thank You to Silvester17 for this post:
 hoolio 
Melbourne, Australia

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT8, Multicharts,Sierra
Broker: CQG, IB
Trading: YM,CL,GC,6E,6J
Thanks Given: 85
Thanks Received: 60

I did test out the activity bars but they are not my cup of tea. Good luck Devedas but I think the NT8 footprint market is swamped and there are already some very good ladders out there.

Sent from my iPhone using futures.io

The following user says Thank You to hoolio for this post:

Last Updated on January 31, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts