NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Trading futures with Tradovate "no commissions" broker?

Discussion in Tradovate

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Laconic with 12 posts (36 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 11 posts (26 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Rory with 7 posts (6 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Blaster666 with 7 posts (4 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one TraderEX with 11 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 3.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Laconic with 3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 2.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 96,262 views
    2. thumb_up 193 thanks given
    3. group 54 followers
    1. forum 98 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

Trading futures with Tradovate "no commissions" broker?

Laconic
New York, New York, USA

Thanks Given: 15
Thanks Received: 47

yngtrader View Post
Has anyone used Tradovate along with ninja charts which would require two data streams as I understand it. Would need to run both in parallel. Have tradovate open to execute trade for low commission and then use ninja to do the charting (have developed indicators etc that are specific to ninja). As I understand it I would need 2 data streams into the same PC. Wondering if other traders have done this and what was their experience? or are there other ways to do this.
Thank you in advance

I'll offer my thoughts:
1. I use Tradovate and use their CQG feed to power Sierra. Tradovate/CQG charges an extra $12/month for this. You can ask Tradovate if they will allow you to use the CQG feed to power Ninja, although according to the Ninja website, you have to have been a Ninja license holder prior to March 10, 2015 to use CQG with Ninja. If a lot of development is required by Tradovate to do this (as opposed to copying what they have done for Sierra) I am guessing they will decline, as Ninja clearly is not signing up new clients with CQG feeds. Hopefully that makes sense.
2. Alternatively, you can look into programming your indicators, or hiring someone to program your indicators, in either Tradovate (javascript) or Sierra (C++). For Tradovate, to take advantage of the programming, you need the $99/month (paid in advance for a year) plan. For the Sierra option, it's the Tradovate $59/month (paid in advance for a year) plus Sierra (as cheap as $22/month for service package 5 w/mkt & vol profile if paid in advance for a year) plus the $12/month to use the CQG feed on Sierra. (Even cheaper if you don't need the profile.)

Hope this helps.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Diary of a simple price action trader
26 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
25 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
22 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
16 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
9 thanks
 Mftkn 
Düsseldorf, Germany

Experience: None
Platform: TT
Trading: ES, FDAX,FGBL
Thanks Given: 124
Thanks Received: 26

@Laconic

Is it possible to trade from both platforms (Tradovate Online/ Sierra) at the same time?
Like Sierra for charting and the orders are placed thru Tradovate DOM?

Laconic
New York, New York, USA

Thanks Given: 15
Thanks Received: 47

Mftkn View Post
@Laconic

Is it possible to trade from both platforms (Tradovate Online/ Sierra) at the same time?
Like Sierra for charting and the orders are placed thru Tradovate DOM?

Yes that is exactly what I do. As I stated above, if you use Sierra for charting anyway, you will probably be happy with the $59/month (paid annually in advance) tier of Tradovate. And Sierra gives great discounts for annual payment as well.

Thanked by:
 Mightynorsman 
Albany, New York, USA & sometimes Central Florida

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Tradovate+Jigsaw, TOS
Broker: Tradovate/CQG, TOS/Pony Express
Trading: Energies, Indexes, Grains
Thanks Given: 547
Thanks Received: 361

I am testing a demo of tradovate and using the jigsaw trading tools plugin for trade execution. I think tradovate will grow it's platform but coming over from TOS (another java) platform as it is now Tradovate's platform is lacking a lot of features in comparison. That said I am eagerly trying to find a way to make it work as the price savings of their flat rate model are substantial . . . extremely substantial from TOS.

SARdynamite 
Belgium

Experience: Advanced
Platform: SaxoTrader
Broker: SaxoBank
Trading: ESTX
Thanks Given: 243
Thanks Received: 110

I asked some management staff that Tradovate supports signals' marketplaces like iSystem & Striker on top of Collective2 (already supported)

I was told that it would be considered if there would be enough customer demand showing on their Community forum

So here it is
https://tradovate.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115008528188-Striker-and-iSystem-support

Please show your interest there if you mind

edgarlemos
Portugal

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Anyone here used their Market Replay? Any thoughts?

I'm thinking about openning a Free-Membership account with 1000$ (if this is needed) and then pay the 69$/Month not for trading but just for Market Replay. Have anyone done that? Is it possible?
Are there any extra fees like Data Feed's or Inactivity fees? For this purpose.

Regards

rdaytrader 
Netherlands

Platform: TWS & SierraChart
Broker: InteractiveBrokers & Sierra
Trading: DAX & Bund
Thanks Given: 640
Thanks Received: 354

yes there are still market data fees, but it's not much

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 Mightynorsman 
Albany, New York, USA & sometimes Central Florida

Platform: Tradovate+Jigsaw, TOS
Broker: Tradovate/CQG, TOS/Pony Express
Trading: Energies, Indexes, Grains
Thanks Given: 547
Thanks Received: 361

Just talked to Rick at support at tradovate and was told that if you sign up for the $69/month plan which comes with market replay there are no other costs. Of course if you want to trade than the $99/month plan gives you trading and market replay.

I am in no way affiliated with them. I am using Topsteptrader's platform which is a badged version of Tradovate and have used the market replay in the evenings to trade out ideas that I wanted to try the next day. It has been helpful for me and seems to be easy to use.

Mighty

TraderEX

Thanks Given: 68
Thanks Received: 177

I started with GO Futures(.99 per side) and then Generic Futures(.59 per side) Both through Ironbeam. I subscribe to the notion that if you have nothing good to say you do not offer it out of the blue.

So, about tradovate.

I found them when I was looking to find a more suitable home for my scalping. To me, when the service is 100%, free platform and club pricing, I had to try it. I am still with them 2 years later.

Free platform- I had to pay $49.95 a month with the first guys. With Tradovate it's free and that means I'm $50 ahead from the start.

Customer service- First guys, none. When I called I was at risk for up selling. was offered 500 day rates for the ES with a $35 per side commission rate. I was also called every two weeks or so by someone different under the guise that they were seeing if all was well. say one thing is not good and they will sell you whatever you need to make things better.
Tradovate offers 500 day rates to all, upfront and in the advertisement. Andrew Sevin (7) uns the show for customer service and is flawless to date. I do not call very much as I have no problems with the things promised. I called in the past when I didn't know how to retrieve some functions. If I had read the help button I would have never called(chat box not a call). took me time from PTSD that the first guys dumped on me. While trading under Tradovate at the beginning, if the phone rang I hid under the covers and then unplugged the phone. someone knocked on the door, I ran to the basement...

About Club Pricing-You are a member, not a client. Three current plans to choose from. No plan- $0.79 per side. Intermediate plan- $99.00 flat and $0.19 per side. unlimited round turns- $199.00. These are prepaid by the month and a discount is available by the year.

Break-even analysis($199.00)- no plan $199.00/(0.79 x 2)= 126 roughly intermediate plan $199.00/$99.00 +$0.19 per side) roughly 270

Conclusion. As a member there you get top customer service from 7 and his crew. You get a free platform to use. And the ability to grow within the club as you mature.
If you trade,
125 contracts or less per month then 0.79 per side is your best deal
between 125 and 270 contracts then intermediate is for you
All others start saving from the 270 plus mark. you save whatever someone else would charge you.

For me, unlimited is the boss and I just figure in 50 a week or 10 a day if I trade all 5 days. On days that I am slightly ahead, say 100 or so, most of that comes from what I did not pay someone else. A very happy customer there.

EX

aircal 
Keller, TX USA

Platform: Tradestation, NinjaTrader
Trading: YM, ES, CL
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 40

The Jigsaw Daytradr bridge to Tradovate has been released - no more connection fees

Thanked by:

Last Updated on May 3, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts