NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Analytic with 120 posts (162 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 56 posts (241 thanks)
    3. looks_3 goodoboy with 45 posts (19 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 26 posts (129 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Neo1 with 8.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 4.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Analytic with 1.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 177,418 views
    2. thumb_up 1,244 thanks given
    3. group 96 followers
    1. forum 474 posts
    2. attach_file 152 attachments

Search this Thread

Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM

Jumpup78327 
New York, New York/USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader, Tradovate
Trading: ES, NQ
Thanks Given: 9
Thanks Received: 29

Analytic View Post
'only the harmonic was unmatched'

How do you know it's unmatched? or that the harmonics match the correct market frequency? Even if it actually uses a fuzzy logic engine and does some real time PRZ adjustments how do
you know that the adjusted PRZ frequency is anywhere near the market frequency that gives the best risk adjusted return?

unmatched meaning i couldn't find a free alternative or wasnt part of a package that i already own(mzpack). I dont know if i said in the original message but the harmonic was really dynamically drawn so you can take a trade based on it and 2 seconds later the projected zone is gone. Also adding Harmonics drastically slows down ninja so unless your using the tuned pc its even more useless but like i said at this point i take things if i like them i will try to see if it works with my own trading style. Vinny is one of those people that thinks he is smarter than everyone else and any challenge is meet with anger like i said i think people can find some useful nuggets in his trading for free I would not pay for his software due to hardware limits and the owner is volatile after paying the 4-10k he can just ban you because you said i got the vaccine or he said the sky is green and you tried to correct him on it.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
26 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
The Program
17 thanks

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,337
Thanks Received: 26,267

If anyone has missed it, it's been an interesting couple of days.

A true storm of spammers we have never seen before started new accounts and started making junk posts to boost their post count, which all new accounts are informed is a rule violation, in order to build up enough posts to get to post on this thread. Some were stopped, some made it all the way here. Although some claimed to be long-term veteran traders, and may have been, many were obviously just noobs who had drunk the Vinny kool-aid, as a way to quick riches in the markets. They basically have the same song and the same dance, and it's one they have been taught.

This was a coordinated promotional campaign, apparently to get Vinny some publicity, and to be disruptive as well, and I'm sure that many people who had never heard of him before now have. And even though many people would be turned off by it, I'm sure he will get some sales from it too. All publicity is good publicity, after all.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
lightsun47
Toronto, Canada

Thanks Given: 492
Thanks Received: 296

bobwest View Post
All publicity is good publicity, after all.

We had a local restaurant who defied COVID rules and opened up doors for indoor dining aggressively.

When the authorities finally shut their doors, the name of the restaurant reached as far as Australia in front page news.

This is a VERY good technique.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Thanked by:
 jakedarby 
San Antonio TX/US

Experience: Beginner
Platform: SC,Tastyworks
Trading: MES/Options
Thanks Given: 65
Thanks Received: 25

lightsun47 View Post
We had a local restaurant who defied COVID rules and opened up doors for indoor dining aggressively.

When the authorities finally shut their doors, the name of the restaurant reached as far as Australia in front page news.

This is a VERY good technique.

Dude…wtf are you talking about?

Analytic 
New York NY/United States

Platform: Multicharts, TS, TOS
Trading: Futures, Options, Stocks
Thanks Given: 70
Thanks Received: 220

My goal has always been to expose the full Truth about trading, If 'traders' want to buy algobox that is their affair. I don't care either way since I'm not selling any trading product to anyone.

So now for some more Truth: It's not just with Collective2 that Vinny has had massive losses.

Here are some other days you may want to look at before deciding to use his 'tool'

1) Sept 28th 2016: 80K Lost in one day by Vinny Emini.

2) Feb 11 2019 -> 'massive' losses but didn't show the P&L window very much throughout the session -> NT7 Trading -> Vinny gets repeatedly trapped and destroyed by his own tool Algobox.
>> Does not show if he is trading a Sim or Live account, Total P&L not shown, Does not show his total trading account size.

3) Oct 23-28 2019 -> Lost 51K -> C2

I focus on huge RED days because it shows very poor Risk Mitigation skills for both Market and Operational Risks.
The one thing traders can control is their risk exposure. If you do a bad job with risk mitigation then you will eventually blow up your account.

Sure he has some GREEN days too but if his performance is 90% GREEN days every month as he claims, then why won't he show a 2 year audited trading track record?
An audited record for years 2019 and 2020 would be a good measuring benchmark of trading performance because it includes both high and low volatility market periods.

The audit should include an accountant statement and signature certifying that no hedging was done using any of his other trading accounts

People have been asking for years to see his audited trading record and the fact that he still has NOT shown any is a HUGE RED FLAG.
Based on all the information I have collected over a couple of years I STRONGLY SUSPECT that Vinny Emini is running a SCAM
but only the CFTC/SEC can make that determination after a full investigation.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_300.png
Views:	93
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	318728   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_873.png
Views:	91
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	318729  
Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,337
Thanks Received: 26,267

jakedarby View Post
Dude…wtf are you talking about?

He had just quoted from my post on the prior page, where I remarked that Vinny probably is seeking publicity, good or bad, because "All publicity is good publicity," a famous saying attributed to P. T. Barnum.

So he's just saying that the restaurant got bad publicity for breaking the rules, but it paid off because it became famous. So, all publicity is good publicity.

FYI, it's better to ask something like this in a non-negative manner, without the "wtf" part, if you don't get it.

Thanks.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
Thanked by:

Analytic 

How to identify a trading scam from the vendor reviews?

1) Shows profits without proof: Is that NT8 trading performance from Market Playback, Sim, or Live?

2) Statements promising profits over time if you follow all the system rules.

Thanked by:

DanDaMan 
QC/Canada

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart, NinjaTrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 325
Thanks Received: 193

My opinion below has nothing to do with the specific products discussed in this thread-

Thank you to @bobwest, @Big Mike and the whole FIO team for keeping our trading hamlet true to its values and safe.
This community is a very rare one to find on the internet- where professionals, amateurs, and beginners alike can have a conversation and freely exchange opinions in a courteous environment.

For anyone that doesn't understand the importance of what is being done here by the moderators- it is huge.
Novices around the world come to FIO as a point of reference to delve into an undertaking which is a very costly one to get wrong.

What the FIO team does is essentially tread a fine-line of weeding out vendors that may disguise sales tactics as innocent looking threads discussing products, and giving end-users a place to voice their opinions on products. FIO does a very good job at keeping this a safe and neutral place, while not restricting free-speech and opinions.

My opinion here has nothing to do with the product discussed in this thread, as I know nothing of it. It is simply reiterating to readers that the point of a thread such as this is to give 'end-users' a place to discuss their opinions and findings on a product/vendor, and an opportunity for courteous vendors to respond so long as they are registered and identified as a vendor.

Cheers

bobwest View Post
If anyone has missed it, it's been an interesting couple of days.

A true storm of spammers we have never seen before started new accounts and started making junk posts to boost their post count, which all new accounts are informed is a rule violation, in order to build up enough posts to get to post on this thread. Some were stopped, some made it all the way here. Although some claimed to be long-term veteran traders, and may have been, many were obviously just noobs who had drunk the Vinny kool-aid, as a way to quick riches in the markets. They basically have the same song and the same dance, and it's one they have been taught.

This was a coordinated promotional campaign, apparently to get Vinny some publicity, and to be disruptive as well, and I'm sure that many people who had never heard of him before now have. And even though many people would be turned off by it, I'm sure he will get some sales from it too. All publicity is good publicity, after all.

Bob.

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,172
Thanks Received: 101,532

What's the story with those timestamps @Analytic (7 minutes ago, 1 minute ago) in your screens?

He uses the same tactics everywhere I guess. Buy clicks and brigade. Threaten to sue everyone. What a miserable life.

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Thanked by:

Analytic 

Big Mike View Post
What's the story with those timestamps @Analytic (7 minutes ago, 1 minute ago) in your screens?

He uses the same tactics everywhere I guess. Buy clicks and brigade. Threaten to sue everyone. What a miserable life.

Hi Mike, I'm not sure what your question is but if you or anyone else feels that there is any part of any of my posts that is not 100% truthful you or they are welcome
to point it out and I will update or delete as appropriate.

Last Updated on February 15, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts