NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Analytic with 120 posts (162 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 56 posts (241 thanks)
    3. looks_3 goodoboy with 45 posts (19 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 26 posts (129 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Neo1 with 8.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 4.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Analytic with 1.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 177,695 views
    2. thumb_up 1,244 thanks given
    3. group 96 followers
    1. forum 474 posts
    2. attach_file 152 attachments

Search this Thread

Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM

lightsun47
Toronto, Canada

Thanks Given: 492
Thanks Received: 296

Analytic View Post
How can you be in a trading contest with someone who never knew they were in a contest?

He was in the trading contest and won because he was the only one in that contest.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

planetkill 
New York City + NY/United States

Thanks Given: 107
Thanks Received: 294

Interesting court case right now with Vinny E-mini and his Algobox: https://law.justia.com/cases/texas/fifth-court-of-appeals/2023/05-22-01061-cv.html

The lawsuit is Vinny suing JOHN MATTHEW COWART from DAY TRADER PARADISE, LLC.

It sounds like the judge denied John's motion to dismiss, so the lawsuit is proceeding? Wonder if we will learn more about Algobox from the discovery phase?

Found this juicy part, Vinny is Mr Marchi:

Quoting 
Mr. Marchi (1) “received a notice from NinjaTrader that they had received complaints from unknown clients and or third parties about his business and personal affairs that therefore [sic], they would cease doing business with him immediately,” and (2) “received notice from his AMP Broker that complaints were received by third parties about his business and personal affairs that were ‘unbecoming’ and that they would immediately cease all business with him and his company.” The petition stated Mr. Marchi obtained information from AMP showing the complaints “were alleged to be made by an ‘ADAM W,’ a pseudonym of misleading affiliation and misdirection,” who allegedly was familiar with Mr. Marchi’s business and “assert[ed] that [Mr. Marchi] was engaging in illegal trading conduct, that he was improperly giving investment advice, was an abuser of children and was a racist, all claims which are patently untrue.”

Vinny made a video about this, released a few days ago on youtube:

My only question is, is the court case still proceeding and will we learn more about Algobox, i.e. does it actually make money for the users?

Analytic 
New York NY/United States

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Multicharts, TS, TOS
Trading: Futures, Options, Stocks
Thanks Given: 70
Thanks Received: 220

planetkill View Post
Interesting court case right now with Vinny E-mini and his Algobox: https://law.justia.com/cases/texas/fifth-court-of-appeals/2023/05-22-01061-cv.html

It sounds like the judge denied John's motion to dismiss, so the lawsuit is proceeding? Wonder if we will learn more about Algobox from the discovery phase?

My only question is, is the court case still proceeding and will we learn more about Algobox, i.e. does it actually make money for the users?

Check out my twitter for tons of info on this.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Analytic 

planetkill View Post

Many people say that algobox is all marketing and mostly (fake) sim trading. Perhaps these screenshots may help you decide.

planetkill 
New York City + NY/United States

Thanks Given: 107
Thanks Received: 294

But didn't he "write the code used by hedge funds, banks, and institutions to move the market"?!

lol, lmao even

Analytic 

planetkill View Post
But didn't he "write the code used by hedge funds, banks, and institutions to move the market"?!

lol, lmao even

This says it the best "Don't leave home without Algobox."

Get yours today! only $5997

nuff said

Analytic 

Vinny emini said he would sign up for the Robbins contest and trade 4 accounts:

Vinnyemini_ES
Vinnyemini_NQ
Vinnyemini_RTY
Vinnyemini_YM

But guess who is NOT on the Robbins Cup Leaderboard?

So much for crushing it with NQ!

Vinny gives his usual excuses: "The margins are too high", "Robbins doesn't have a NT8 API", etc...

Thanked by:

TickTricksta 
London, England

Platform: NT8, MT4/5
Trading: FX,Futures
Thanks Given: 35
Thanks Received: 34

I don't know what the worst thing about this guy is, but the fact that many of his indicators are purely stolen from the free section on Ninjatraders community and then re-branded as his own inventions and sold at a high price to newbies, rates pretty high.
Claiming someone else's code as your own and saying you "made a new feature" is disgusting.

For example :
* Deltaflow flags is just delta momentum which is a free indicator. He just boosted the calculation by 3.5 to increase the flag size.
* The Enigma bot is stolen straight off a divergence indicator, also free from the NT community.
* His Matrix is just stochastic, CCi, RSI and Macd
* SupportResistance zones - free indicator, stolen from NT community
* Golden ropes, just regular EMAs...and you can easily see which ones they are by using the most commonly used such as 50, 100, 200 etc.
* Vinnys "MACV" - a MACD with other settings than the default (if I remember they were reversed or similar, nothing special).
* AlgoBars - stolen from the free unirenko bars and made into regular median renko bars.

He even built in code that scans your NT trading setup for "illegal software". If you are using for example indicators from Shark indicators or Jigsaw, it will flag as illegal software and you won't be able to use Algobox.
Basically every other company he has a grudge with. He scans your other indicators for ideas to steal and data as well. His "ideas" are just reverse engineered code from someone else.
For example the indicator AlphaOmega - scanned, stolen and based on someone elses ideas.
Algobox is basically malware scanning your NT.

Vinny is a thief and a scammer who lives off on newbies lack of knowledge, selling other peoples code ideas packaged into his Algocrap.
The majority of his money is made from selling Algobox at an insane price to rookies. Scam 250 people to buy Algocrap licenses at $4999 and you're a millionaire.

Thanked by:
 Jumpup78327 
New York, New York/USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader, Tradovate
Trading: ES, NQ
Thanks Given: 9
Thanks Received: 29

LMAO I had the exact same experience I got booted for posted something about his "enemy" I ended up asking for a refund he apologized for misunderstanding the post but being the second time I was booted I didnt like how after paying $3k i could just be booted at his discression so in the refund period i took it and of course there was an insult thrown my way when i declined his "free" upgrade. Claiming that i will be missing out because he will start live streaming his trades again lol

rremoved View Post
Vinny is a toxic person and treats his paying members like complete dog shit. All of the evidence in this thread is enough for anyone to conclude that for themselves. I would know, I was part of his "crew" for 6 months, and even had the "pleasure" of a "mentorship" call with him once and was victim to his abusive behavior. The mentorship call was him taking over my computer via TeamViewer.

During the call, he completely berated me, called me all kinds of names (fucking moron, retard, low IQ, shitlib, accused me of being vaxxed lol) and just made fun of me the entire call. He criticized everything about my workspace, indicators on my chart, me changing colors of certain indicators etc. I stood my ground on key points and easily rebutted his ridiculous personal attacks, but needless to say I was stunned and couldn't believe another grown man would speak to a paying customer the way he did. I'm an honest person, regrettably paid Vinny thousands of dollars, was simply trying to learn to trade, and this is how he treated me. It's disgusting behavior and he should be ashamed of himself.

He was very upset that I didn't like and comment on every single one of his videos on Youtube. He went so far as to login to my Youtube account (remember the call was via TeamViewer, he had remote access to my PC) to scroll through my history and verify if I had liked/commented on his jumbled mess of Youtube training playlists. I explained to him that I watched his training and use multiple devices/accounts to watch, so naturally not everything would show up in the history on my desktop. He constantly berates other paying members for doing the same. He even called me a "retard" in the group chat for sharing a link to a Rande Howell video that I found helpful/interesting. If you're unaware, Rande Howell is an expert in psychology and coaches traders for a living.

To be sort of fair, during the call he told me to quit dabbling so much and just focus on one thing that works. I did appreciate that advice, but that advice can be found just about anywhere. Beyond that, the call was complete bullshit. I messaged him afterwards and thanked him for his time, which I now obviously regret doing. At the time, I figured he was just trying to give me some "tough love" and brushed it off. I think I was just stunned and also felt a little gaslit. Other members in the group chat constantly hail him as the best mentor. If that's mentorship, I want nothing to do with it.

I served in the military, was deployed in combat, and can handle someone calling me names, believe me. I have a tough exterior and can appreciate some tough love because in my own experience that has helped me grow and develop. However, after my experience in the military dealing with ACTUAL mentors (strong men who develop new recruits/teenagers into strong men themselves), my opinion of Vinny is that he is a tiny (both in character and stature), egomaniacal bully who gets off on shitting on people to prop up his own, fragile ego.

He was speaking to me as if he was recording the conversation to post to Youtube, and later on he actually told me he recorded everything and would release it in the event I go out and complain about his system. If he does release it, he'll just further prove to everyone how lacking his character is. Also, I did not consent to any recordings of our conversation. I live in Florida, which is a 2-party consent state, and I had the expectation of privacy during that call. If he were to release it, I could be exposed to potential emotional or physical harm, and any damages would of course occur here in Florida which could expose him to legal action.

For example, he'd say things like "and look here folks, this guy cant even trade, look at his pnl" as if he was speaking to an audience. I had a losing day that day copy trading accounts, and he blasted me for it, among other things. I don't doubt he'd release it in an attempt to intimidate me or cause me emotional distress. Again, I never consented to being recorded and had the expectation of privacy. He also mentioned he's a multi-millionaire with a 160 IQ at least 3-4 times during the call, which I found to be ultra pathetic and hilarious.

At the end of the call, he took some trades on my workspace in SIM, to show me how "easy" his system is. He entered long like 20 contracts on NQ on some random signal and lost $4k within 30-60 seconds. He then said something along the lines of "ok, that's never happened before on a call. well whatever, fuck you." and hung up. LOL. Genius level IQ behavior.

That was my first interaction with him.

Second major incident was shortly after posting some screenshots of his enigma indicator (I paid $2,499 for a 1 year license) next to a volume footprint chart and pointed out some patterns I noticed in the public chat of his Discord group. Totally innocent behavior on my part, and purely shared out of curiosity and my intense desire to learn the tools better. My screenshots were immediately deleted, and I was kicked out of the group within minutes. Vinny then messaged me, accusing me of secretly DM'ing other members, funneling his customers to third party tools, and was really paranoid about the whole thing. He was very manipulative in his tactics, so I was honest with him and told him I HAD dm'd another member to congratulate him on the research he posted in the group chat, which was ALSO deleted by Vinny. The research was some back testing results of the Enigma indicator. After some back and forth, Vinny reinstated my access to the Discord, thanked me for my honesty, and upgraded my Enigma license to "lifetime." This happened just a few weeks ago.

Just days ago I was booted from his group AGAIN after sharing a link to a labeled lines indicator on NinjaTrader Ecosystem. It's a very simple, free, publicly available drawing tool. Someone asked what was on my chart, so I shared it with them in the discord public chat since we're not allowed to send DM's. Again out of nowhere, my message was deleted, he called me a mother fucker, and banned me.

At that point I decided to cancel my algobox license and request a refund for my $2,499 Enima license, seeing as how I was kicked from the group for a bogus policy violation while still having 6 months left on that license (access to the group, technical support, and training is part of that purchase). I told Vinny I'd request the refund through my CC issuer in a polite, but forward message to him. He acted like a complete child about it, made fun of me and told me I was kicked for sharing "tard tools" in his group. Ultimately, he realized he has a duty to mediate the issue, otherwise the CC company will likely grant my refund. So he offered to reinstate my access. I accepted his offer because I wouldn't have gotten a refund otherwise, but have since deleted any whiff of algobox from my computer, including the Enigma indicator. I don't care about the money anymore, and refuse to use the tools out of principle.

It's funny how he bashes third party tools in his room, when many of his indicators can either be replaced with, or appear to be based on third party, freely available tools.

Purely based on publicly available videos and photos of his tools, here's a curated list of free tools I found that are great alternatives to algobox:
Tick Refresh - https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/user-app-share-download/tickrefresh/
GOM Delta Suite - https://www.gomicators.com/gom-free-delta-suite/
irDeltaMomentumV2 -
UniRenko bars - https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/user-app-share-download/unirenko-universal-renko-bartype-8/
mkHarmonics -
Bband2 with color -
Prior OHLC (also built into NT8) -
Price Action Swing (ABC, Eliott waves etc.) -

If I were the original developer of the irDeltaMomentumV2, mkHarmonics, and Bband2 indicators in particular, I'd be very keen to find out if those tools are being used in algobox or anywhere else for that matter. It's too easy to find something free on the internet, slightly change it, and sell it as your own creation.

Seeing as those developers own the copyright, they have complete control over the issuance of licenses and the reselling of their intellectual property. If I were Vinny, I'd be a little nervous about reselling free tools on the internet coded by someone else for the same reason, because it opens him up to Copyright lawsuits. I have no proof or reason to believe he's stealing code or indicators, so you must make that determination for yourself. Nor am I saying he is absolutely doing this, because I have no proof that he is, so I can't say its true. These alternatives are simply my own personal opinion, based on what is publicly available, and how similar the above tools are to his actual algobox tools.

If I find more alternatives, I'd be happy to share them.

NOTE: I'm not interested in competing with Vinny commercially, stealing his IP, sharing any trade secrets, or doing anything that could land me in hot legal water or that would be unethical. Please don't DM me asking for anything beyond what I have shared here publicly, because I won't provide it. I don't have any algobox tools installed on my computer, and anything I say regarding his tools has been pulled from publicly available videos on the internet. I specifically did not share my Enigma indicator findings I mentioned above here in order to avoid sharing any intellectual property or trade secrets. This post is strictly intended to be a review of his service/product, to share my personal experience with him, and to provide amazing, freely available tools for traders. I also don't wish him any personal harm of course. In the event I suffer any adverse action by Vinny due to this post within the next 6 months (remainder of my 1 year enigma license), I will pursue a refund for said license, considering this post is not in violation of his policies. I have no intention of violating any of his policies during the remainder of my license period, and all of my communications regarding this subject will be on third party websites only, to include this forum and Twitter.

I hope my story has helped someone out there in any way. Thanks, have a great day!

Thanked by:
 Jumpup78327 
New York, New York/USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader, Tradovate
Trading: ES, NQ
Thanks Given: 9
Thanks Received: 29

Everyone has their own trading strategy its not right or wrong because anything can make money the crazy thing is Vinny actually hates the pychology aspect of trading when in fact thats most peoples largest issue. Trading is simply just dont lose more than you win thats it

rremoved View Post
Thats hilarious, sounds just like him! I love the upsell part, that is so funny and pathetic. spoiler alert, you didnt miss out.

I find that a lot of his advice is actually just shit that might work for him, but may not be applicable to everyone - high tempo music, sizing up after each trade, trading 5 minis on a $2,500 account and so on. that shit will get people blown up so fast if they have no grasp on their own emotional state. Thats why I shared the Rande Howell trade psychology video in there; that guy actually helps people. Vinny called me a retarded for sharing it. Jokes on him and (almost) everyone knows it.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on February 15, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts