NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

SYX Journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one syxforex with 44 posts (75 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 12 posts (23 thanks)
    3. looks_3 ZTR with 7 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 PandaWarrior with 3 posts (7 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one MXASJ with 3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two PandaWarrior with 2.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 1.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 syxforex with 1.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 19,447 views
    2. thumb_up 115 thanks given
    3. group 5 followers
    1. forum 71 posts
    2. attach_file 17 attachments

Search this Thread

SYX Journal

syxforex 
British Columbia

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NINJA
Broker: ZEN
Trading: Crude

Hey guys,

For now I am putting my focus on a pure scalping strategy on YM. High probability small wins, and lot's of them. Actually, look, I just need 2 baby one car scalps per day to double my account in one month. I HAVE TO DO THIS or I will be off the team. I'm confident it can be done and I can do it.

When I have the capital to trade 2 cars of 6E within my risk limits and according to my 2car intraday strategy, I will trade both vehicles according to a four session day.

Eastern Time

330-530 - 6E
700-900 - 6E
945 - 1145 - YM
130-345 -YM

Four sessions. Looking for one good trade in each one. Taking a break for some exercise at lunch this week. Will sign off at noon, go for a long walk and calisthenics, cleaned and back to the desk for the afternoon dealing.

Will probably sim the rest of the week and absorb the wide range of ATM order types available on CTS T4. Possibly going live later in the week, excited!

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

Experience: None
Thanks Given: 6,329
Thanks Received: 13,404

syxforex View Post
Hey guys,

For now I am putting my focus on a pure scalping strategy on YM. High probability small wins, and lot's of them. Actually, look, I just need 2 baby one car scalps per day to double my account in one month. I HAVE TO DO THIS or I will be off the team. I'm confident it can be done and I can do it.

When I have the capital to trade 2 cars of 6E within my risk limits and according to my 2car intraday strategy, I will trade both vehicles according to a four session day.

Eastern Time

330-530 - 6E
700-900 - 6E
945 - 1145 - YM
130-345 -YM

Four sessions. Looking for one good trade in each one. Taking a break for some exercise at lunch this week. Will sign off at noon, go for a long walk and calisthenics, cleaned and back to the desk for the afternoon dealing.

Will probably sim the rest of the week and absorb the wide range of ATM order types available on CTS T4. Possibly going live later in the week, excited!

We are right there with you.....

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication, Leonardo da Vinci

Most people chose unhappiness over uncertainty, Tim Ferris
Thanked by:
 syxforex 
British Columbia

Last week of getting the trading space ready for execution.

The main chart of my setup is a range chart. The edge is to get ahead of the curve and never use market orders. I just need a two base hits per day to doubt the account in month one. That's it. So letting some get by is no big deal when there's an endless stream of pitches.

So objective one is to get order rules down hard before handling the DOM against real ticks.

Rule 1. Limit orders within 2 pips of chosen ADX edge.

Will see if I can do this over this week in SIM and get my two scalps per day. Should not be hard to do if I can find the energy to stay focused and not miss the moves.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8 RANGE TARGETS.png
Views:	296
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	15779  
 syxforex 
British Columbia

Simming is good so far. Today was a small net gain of 8 ticks but the experience developed was worth way more. My basic entry is to trade around the moving average in the direction of the trend. Looking forward to trading real money on T4 possibly this week.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	YM.png
Views:	270
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	15826  

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,175
Thanks Received: 101,539

syxforex View Post
Thanks a lot AZ. I'm getting psyched up and appreciate everybody's kind words of support and encouragement. I've got a lot of experience built in here and now after a two month break from live trading I am feeling like a well trained prize fighter.

The opponent is not the market, it's not money, it's not even the truth, it's just me. Most of us here have an edge. It's high time we executed our plan with ice cold emotionless precision. The goal is to be cool water, to flow in and out of trades and scalp them one at a time.

I'm a bit behind on forum threads, sorry for delay.

While I understand where you are coming from with this post, I would caution against trying to remove all emotion from trading. I've been there. Ridding yourself of emotion and trading "ice cold" is not the answer. As Dr. Brett said, without emotion you have no feel for the market. I view it as a short cut, and there are no short cuts in trading.

Instead, and what makes it hard, is you must find the perfect balance of gut/instinct and mechanical precision/emotionless trading. There is a balance between not letting a bad trade effect you and trading blindly without emotion.

One thing that helps remind me of this is to think of what you are truly trying to do with each trade. Yes, you are trying to make money. But more than that, you are trying to beat everyone else in the market. In order for you to win, someone else has to lose. That means that ultimately what you are trying to accomplish is to trade better than the majority, or to trade better than the person on the other side of your trade. I find thinking like this helps me because it puts things into context for me, it helps me see the current market and price action better. Maybe it will help you, too.

Take a look at the long post I just added to my advice thread to Beth. I named some specific things you might try doing.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

syxforex View Post
JUNE 16 2010

Getting things ready to go. Now charting NT7.17 on Kinetick beta. So far so good. Thanks to Zondor for all his help getting it running. Account opening in final stages at Dorman, some little issue with utility bill but hoping that is not a road block. Looking at CTS as an execution engine. Very impressive offering by Dorman.

Does this mean you've altered the initial plan of using X-Trader? What were the reasons behind this change? I do not disagree with it, I just think its important to write down things in your journal that are as important as this decision.

Mike

Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

syxforex View Post
Hey guys,

For now I am putting my focus on a pure scalping strategy on YM. High probability small wins, and lot's of them. Actually, look, I just need 2 baby one car scalps per day to double my account in one month. I HAVE TO DO THIS or I will be off the team.

Sys,

I highly, highly suggest you stay sim for at least two weeks. Post the results of every sim day in your journal. The accountability will help. Then take a look at the end of two weeks and decide if you are truly ready for cash.

I make the suggestion because of the recent changes you've made to your plan, I want you to have the best chance for success and I don't think you should rush into the live market just yet.

Mike

Thanked by:
 syxforex 
British Columbia

Thanks so much for your excellent insights and feedback Big Mike. I've been so busy I've been neglecting my journal.

First, the previous post about gut instinct and mechanical precision. Perfect. I've developed a new system that I've never used before and it is awesome. I was 10 for 12 today. It's a two car strat, risk 13 for 13 on car 1 with a runner. When it sets up it's now I'm feeling my instincts, not emotions, it's coming from the fire in the belly now. I love it, the competition. My setups give you about 5 to 15 seconds to execute, what a thrill.

Regarding X trader and change to the game plan. I thought about what you said earlier about costs. X trader is too expensive. I went with Dorman Direct. Why. I don't want to be routed through a brokers server to theirs. I want as few steps to the exchange as possible. CTS T4 is the platform I am using and it is super cool. Dorman has white labeled it as Dorman Direct and they say it's as fast or faster than TT or Zen when going directly through their server. There is no license cost and commission are the same as Zen. The Dom is way more advanced howerver as it is designed for institutional users. It has all the order types you get from a broker like IB but it is really easy to use with the DOM toolbar. It also as market profile studies built into the Dom which is space saving and helpful.

I switched to trading the Dow for a few reasons. One, I have developed some very good analysis tools using NYSE and CBOE indexes. It allows me to be far more precise which is the name of the game in this new 13 tick strategy. And second, the 5$/tick price point allows me to use two cars comfortably with a 3K account. That account would be more like 4K if I had been live today. Yesterday I was 11/14 in a bar by bar backtest. Today I executed it. I will be going live maybe tomorrow, maybe Monday...

Big Mike View Post
Does this mean you've altered the initial plan of using X-Trader? What were the reasons behind this change? I do not disagree with it, I just think its important to write down things in your journal that are as important as this decision.

Mike

syxforex 
British Columbia

Thanks Mike,

I might sim for a few more days but it is hard to do when I feel so ready. It feels like the longer I sim the more time the nerves have to work their way in. We'll see. I am going to start printing money here shortly. If my account drops to 2300, I am closing it out and going to get a job driving a car. I am ready and motivated. Let's do it!

Big Mike View Post
Sys,

I highly, highly suggest you stay sim for at least two weeks. Post the results of every sim day in your journal. The accountability will help. Then take a look at the end of two weeks and decide if you are truly ready for cash.

I make the suggestion because of the recent changes you've made to your plan, I want you to have the best chance for success and I don't think you should rush into the live market just yet.

Mike

syxforex 
British Columbia

Just a note I wrote to some fellas in my trading room. I need to remember it so I will put in the journal as well.

We are going into production mode now and we have to be smart about our state of being while trading. Since switching to the Dow and turning off all other instrument charts I have found myself conserving a ton of mental and physical energy. Also, I am sleeping regularly for the first time in almost a year. In fact I don't care about Asia or Europe hours and I can get up as late as 9am est trading the dow. Well, I guess I am still sitting here now, but I'm not working like mad. I’m just taking it easy. I'm definitely not watching any markets right now and I will be going off to sleep the moment I feel the slightest yawn. I'm going to get a great sleep and then kick some market ass tomorrow. Honestly, I have been the worst offender up to this point, burning it at both ends and trying to do it all. But the truth is you really are working against yourself if you are burning it at both ends. There is a reason long haul pilots only fly four times per month. You are going to make mistakes if you are tired. If you make one mistake in every ten trades and you are a 70% shooter, guess what, you are never going to make a dime. So this we just gotta get right. Choose the hours you are going to trade and then spend the rest of your time preparing for them. Good luck everybody!

Last Updated on October 8, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts