NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

SYX Journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one syxforex with 44 posts (75 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 12 posts (23 thanks)
    3. looks_3 ZTR with 7 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 PandaWarrior with 3 posts (7 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one MXASJ with 3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two PandaWarrior with 2.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 1.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 syxforex with 1.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 19,447 views
    2. thumb_up 115 thanks given
    3. group 5 followers
    1. forum 71 posts
    2. attach_file 17 attachments

Search this Thread

SYX Journal

syxforex 
British Columbia

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NINJA
Broker: ZEN
Trading: Crude

No Fear

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
24 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
 PaperTrader 
changi, singapore

Experience: None
Platform: Free
Thanks Given: 126
Thanks Received: 21

so are you still trading the M6E?

syxforex View Post
Looking at the comparison of 6e vs m6e bid/ask data over 50 days I found about 10 bad spikes ranging from 20 to 50 fifty pips. Most of them occur during the Asian session. There is also a huge spike everyday at the rollerover so you won't want to hold these positions over the Globex reset hour.

I'm going to contact CME FX group and ask them about the spikes. It looks like they are generally micro second blips, stop hunting or fat fingers or just liquidity dries up for a split second as HFT guys can't match up a profitable 6E M6E arb, news?

So, every five days or so you can expect a 20-50 spike at some moment during the day as prices diverge from underlying market by 20-80%? I don't like it one bit. I think it means no trading prior to news and staying in the more liquid session times. That and using more advanced order types should do the trick and keep me safe.

I am going to run this on X Trader. As I will average trading 50 micro lots rt's per day, at 2.5/rt approximately through most brokers, the commission is 2500/month whereas the license to XTrader is 675$ month for unlimited trading. There is no question that the XTrader license is the most cost effective way to trade microlots.

X is professional level software used by investment banks and hedge funds, hence it does come with highly stable and effective ordering options. As a protection against those rare little spikes I will use order types such as limit if touched, etc... no stop limit orders, no market orders, this might be beneficial in creating good habits as well... Although, I much prefer market orders, always impatient, always hate to miss a move, but most of the time they don't get you in at the best price, it's that one time where a move gets off and goes and goes and you missed over a limit order 3 pips away that drive you mad.... but, gotta start seeing the forest for the trees...

Thanked by:

Last Updated on October 8, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts