NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

GOMI all NT7/8 & SC; MP & Orderflow @ Gomicators.com from original GOMI

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one gomi with 90 posts (413 thanks)
    2. looks_two Silvester17 with 52 posts (362 thanks)
    3. looks_3 jmont1 with 19 posts (44 thanks)
    4. looks_4 yawaniga with 16 posts (10 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 17 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Silvester17 with 7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 gomi with 4.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 jmont1 with 2.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 189,440 views
    2. thumb_up 1,009 thanks given
    3. group 136 followers
    1. forum 355 posts
    2. attach_file 185 attachments

Search this Thread

GOMI all NT7/8 & SC; MP & Orderflow @ Gomicators.com from original GOMI

Silvester17 
Columbus, OH
Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: NT 8, TOS
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 5,139
Thanks Received: 11,527

now that we know what those features are, maybe a good thing would also be to give some examples how to use them. please keep in mind there're many different ways to do that and I don't consider myself as an expert.

one of the more common setups is a delta divergence. if the market goes down and you have a price bar with aggressive selling, but the bar closes higher, that would be a bullish divergence:

now to make it even more interesting, we can look for a bar with a max delta of 0 (zero). that means the entire bar never had a positive delta. and also the higher the delta finish, the more I like it. in our example delta finish = delta (-1230) - min. delta (-1804) = 574. I also prefer not to have an unfinished auction in that price bar (price tends to revisit those levels)

another interesting constellation is volume imbalance. you could use an operator threshold of 1, which means every level is highlighted and will give you a visual help to see the dominant order flow. you could also use a higher threshold which will show you strong bid/ask volume and could also be used as support and resistance levels. helpful in case of a pullback.

also interesting are negative imbalance with price bar closing higher and positive imbalance with price bar closing lower. another kind of divergence:

next we have the cot. especially this part is very interesting imo. quote from @gomi:

Quoting 
High positive HighCOT and high negative LowCOT can be used to spot potential reversals, because in both cases, a
lot of traders tried to aggressively take the price beyond the bar’s high and low, and failed.

since I use range bars (closing price is always high or low), I will only get one cot. in up bars a low cot and in down bars a high cot. the other end (close) will be zero.

those were only a few examples and there're many more. hopefully we'll have some more contributors. maybe real experts like @ignacio90.

and finally a few things to remember. all the above mentioned setups should NEVER be taken blindly. there're days you'll get countless delta divergences. and many of them will result in a loss. without considering other factors, those divergences become unreliable. not any better than a nyse tick divergence

in my trading, I rely heavily on the daily vwap, but I'm also using quite a bit of discretion.

btw a good source is always market delta:

https://www.footprintchart.com/

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
27 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,537

srgtroy View Post
Can't wait for "An Afternoon With FIO Trader Silvester17" where he shares all his hard-learned volume ladder secrets! @Silvester17 @tturner86

Silvester has s standing invitation to do a webinar, please feel free to encourage him

Sent from my phone

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 hoolio 
Melbourne, Australia

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT8, Multicharts,Sierra
Broker: CQG, IB
Trading: YM,CL,GC,6E,6J
Thanks Given: 85
Thanks Received: 60

Gomi,

Many thanks for the release of your products for Sierra.

One question (I have emailed you this as well but will post the same question here for others) - which Sierra package do you need to use your indicators ?

Since they effectively replace the built in numbers bars/footprints I am hoping we only need package 3 but I'll wait on the answer.

Neo1 
Christchurch, New Zealand

Experience: Beginner
Platform: SC
Broker: IB, BC, Dx Feed
Trading: US Equities
Thanks Given: 471
Thanks Received: 531

Silvester17 View Post

now to make it even more interesting, we can look for a bar with a max delta of 0 (zero). that means the entire bar never had a positive delta. and also the higher the delta finish, the more I like it. in our example delta finish = delta (-1230) - min. delta (-1804) = 574. I also prefer not to have an unfinished auction in that price bar (price tends to revisit those levels)

Another reversal scenario = min delta > max delta, bar close with positive delta, close higher than previous bar close. So price aggressively sold down, however, managed to fight back and close strong.

"Free markets work because they allow people to be lucky, thanks to aggressive trial and error, not by giving rewards or incentives for skill. The strategy is, then, to tinker as much as possible and try to collect as many Black Swan opportunities as you can"
 gomi 
Paris
Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader
Thanks Given: 282
Thanks Received: 4,505

hoolio View Post
One question (I have emailed you this as well but will post the same question here for others) - which Sierra package do you need to use your indicators ?

Since they effectively replace the built in numbers bars/footprints I am hoping we only need package 3 but I'll wait on the answer.

Hi,

Yes package 3 is enough.

Thanked by:

srgtroy 
Los Angeles, California Republic
Legendary  R.I.P. 1965-2023 

Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: CQG
Thanks Given: 1,375
Thanks Received: 3,722

Neo1 View Post
Another reversal scenario = min delta > max delta, bar close with positive delta, close higher than previous bar close. So price aggressively sold down, however, managed to fight back and close strong.

Not trying to be facetious at all here, just trying to understand. How can min delta ever be greater then max delta? By definition, does it not always have to be lower?

Thanked by:

srgtroy 
Los Angeles, California Republic
Legendary  R.I.P. 1965-2023 

Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: CQG
Thanks Given: 1,375
Thanks Received: 3,722

Silvester17 View Post
don't forget, min and max delta are for the entire period of the bar. in the example below, the bar started with a sell of 10, giving a min delta of -10 (max delta = 0) and of course a delta of -10. then followed by a buy of 18. now that gives a max delta of 8 (-10 +18), min delta remains at -10 and a delta of 8. then followed by a sell of 1. that didn't change the min or max delta, but changed the overall delta from 8 to 7.

Exactly. Throughout this example, min delta is ALWAYS less then max delta. It has to be. It's like asking for the low of a bar to be higher then its high.

Thanked by:

Neo1 
Christchurch, New Zealand

Experience: Beginner
Platform: SC
Broker: IB, BC, Dx Feed
Trading: US Equities
Thanks Given: 471
Thanks Received: 531

Silvester17 View Post
ok, I see now what you mean

of course -10 is less than 8. but we're talking about something else. the min delta value of -10 is a bigger value than the max delta of 8. you compare the number 10 with the number 8.

Exactly, we are talking about Min delta being greater than the Max delta in relative terms. So the Min ask vol-Bid Vol is a greater negative number than the Max Ask Vol-bid vol is a positive number.

For example, sellers come in and hit the bid so delta for that bar goes to -10, those sellers are then down liquidating and buyers step up and start hitting the ask, price then moves back up and breaks the range of that bar, closing higher than the previous bars close, while Delta finished up +7.

The opposite would apply to a sell side reversal scenario.

* This type of reversal is only useful on a range chart, or a PnF chart( probe & rotation)
* Look for in an extended range eg when price exceeds +/-2STD from VWAP.

"Free markets work because they allow people to be lucky, thanks to aggressive trial and error, not by giving rewards or incentives for skill. The strategy is, then, to tinker as much as possible and try to collect as many Black Swan opportunities as you can"

DELTA007 
NewDelhi ,India

Platform: NT7
Trading: crudeoil

I'm happy now that I did not attend high school! After all Delta007>Delta-10 > Delta8

What a Delta finish??

mokum 
Pattaya Thailand

Platform: Sierra
Broker: S5/Rithmic
Trading: Bund/Eurostoxx
Thanks Given: 351
Thanks Received: 27

Thanks @Silvester17 & @Neo1 for the orderflow patterns. Been trying to find some patterns for weeks, but consistency is hard to find, even with parameters like volume steps and resistance levels at hand.
Did loads of internet searches if certain patterns could be recognized, via screen capture or so. Maybe Googles tensor flow can do it but that is completely out of my league.
Think it would save tremendous amount of time in analyzing data and studies.
So the question is does anyone know if the market analyzer can do this type of thing, or if there is software out ?
Tried both the market analyzer from NT8/NT7 but to no success. But i have no idea the capabilities of Sierra Chart. Did see that Linnsoft has something but it goes not deep enough as far i can see, as you only can read delta not delta min/max, COT and delta finish.
Peter

Last Updated on August 11, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts