NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

GOMI all NT7/8 & SC; MP & Orderflow @ Gomicators.com from original GOMI

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one gomi with 90 posts (413 thanks)
    2. looks_two Silvester17 with 52 posts (362 thanks)
    3. looks_3 jmont1 with 19 posts (44 thanks)
    4. looks_4 yawaniga with 16 posts (10 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 17 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Silvester17 with 7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 gomi with 4.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 jmont1 with 2.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 189,440 views
    2. thumb_up 1,009 thanks given
    3. group 136 followers
    1. forum 355 posts
    2. attach_file 185 attachments

Search this Thread

GOMI all NT7/8 & SC; MP & Orderflow @ Gomicators.com from original GOMI

jmont1 
New York, NY

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader8
Broker: Data = Rithmic -- Gives 70 Level II Data
Trading: 6C (Low Margin,) 6E, CL, GC, ES and Maybe DX for smaller tick value
Thanks Given: 1,719
Thanks Received: 1,019

@gomi, I had expected (hoped) that the new release would have MOST of the capabilities included in the Metro Edition(s.) The primary items would be the bottom section of statistics and the multiple varieties of side bars.

Statistics is VERY good. It is much more informative that just visual cues.

On the Unfinished Auction (business) can you offer the option to have a line instead of just the cell color? Once the primary cells move off the screen the UA info is gone with it. This can happen very quickly in a fast market. And of course you wold not want it on a renko chart so it needs to be an option.

Large imbalance highlighting would also be good. As well as COT and reversals. I can send you a nice Metro edition if interested.

Additionally, I modified a version of Metro Edition to expand neutral from a binary <> 50% to have a few percent still considered Neutral - like 47 to 53 percent. This helps to highlight movement stalls. If just 1 tick puts the color to a buy or sell color it skews your thinking that the trend is still in tact. Just a recommendation that there be a percent variable available for neutral.

Since this is now DLL coding no one can modify it from the vendor supplied version so it is important to get it all in the vendor release. Please let us know if you will be doing the Metro Edition capabilities.

Thanks for all you do.

Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

Silvester17 
Columbus, OH
Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: NT 8, TOS
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 5,139
Thanks Received: 11,527

jmont1 View Post
@gomi, I had expected (hoped) that the new release would have MOST of the capabilities included in the Metro Edition(s.) The primary items would be the bottom section of statistics and the multiple varieties of side bars.

On the Unfinished Auction (business) can you offer the option to have a line instead of just the cell color? Once the primary cells move off the screen the UA info is gone with it. This can happen very quickly in a fast market. And of course you wold not want it on a renko chart so it needs to be an option.

Large imbalance highlighting would also be good. As well as COT and reversals. I can send you a nice Metro edition if interested.

Additionally, I modified a version of Metro Edition to expand neutral from a binary <> 50% to have a few percent still considered Neutral - like 47 to 53 percent. This helps to highlight movement stalls. If just 1 tick puts the color to a buy or sell color it skews your thinking that the trend is still in tact. Just a recommendation that there be a percent variable available for neutral.

Since this is now DLL coding no one can modify it from the vendor supplied version so it is important to get it all in the vendor release. Please let us know if you will be doing the Metro Edition capabilities.

Thanks for all you do.

I was always curious why people would use exotic bar types in a volume ladder. in the example below I took unirenko (not as bad as default renko because of the wick) and you can clearly see the volume ladder shows a different picture than just the bars (high and low of the bar). that's due to the artificial open.

just hope people are aware of that

DELTA007 
NewDelhi ,India

Platform: NT7
Trading: crudeoil

Silvester17 View Post
I was always curious why people would use exotic bar types in a volume ladder. in the example below I took unirenko (not as bad as default renko because of the wick) and you can clearly see the volume ladder shows a different picture than just the bars (high and low of the bar). that's due to the artificial open.

@Silvester17 you missed this post from Gomi

jmont1 
New York, NY

Silvester17 View Post

@Silvester17, so am I reading this that you are now an advocate of exotic bars like UniRenko?

I do think they have their place with other standard or ChartStickVolume bars on minute volume or tick charts.

Thanked by:

Silvester17 
Columbus, OH
Market Wizard

Platform: NT 8, TOS
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 5,139
Thanks Received: 11,527

jmont1 View Post
@Silvester17, so am I reading this that you are now an advocate of exotic bars like UniRenko?

I do think they have their place with other standard or ChartStickVolume bars on minute volume or tick charts.

no, not at all an advocate of exotic bars or any other bars for that matter

my post was only intended to show that renko bars used in a volume ladder may have a different look. I chose unirenko only because they're widely used around here.

for myself, I favor simple old range bars. but there's absolutely nothing wrong with minute, volume, tick etc. this is a personal choice.

even some exotic bars can be useful, but maybe not in a volume ladder

Thanked by:
 Forexoil 
Bangkok thailand

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Multicharts, ninjatrader, tradestation, fxcm
Trading: Es forex
Thanks Given: 128
Thanks Received: 64

Silvester17 View Post
no, not at all an advocate of exotic bars or any other bars for that matter

my post was only intended to show that renko bars used in a volume ladder may have a different look. I chose unirenko only because they're widely used around here.

for myself, I favor simple old range bars. but there's absolutely nothing wrong with minute, volume, tick etc. this is a personal choice.

even some exotic bars can be useful, but maybe not in a volume ladder

Could you explain the issue. The charts you showed both have the unirenko- and to me the volume ladder still looks readable: is there some distortion?

devdas 
Al,India

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Z
Trading: NiftyFuture
Thanks Given: 1,513
Thanks Received: 1,701

Forexoil View Post
Could you explain the issue. The charts you showed both have the unirenko- and to me the volume ladder still looks readable: is there some distortion?

Normal chart uses artificial open ( even though there is no actual tick at that open ) , but in volume ladder open ( or any other price ) is decided by actual tick. You can see the difference by comparing open price location in above chart posted by
@Silvester17

Harvest The Moon
Nest The Market
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 jmont1 
New York, NY

jmont1 View Post

Thanks for all you do.

@gomi, any chance there is another release with the Metro edition type statistics and other notes above?

gomi 
Paris
Market Wizard

Thanks Given: 282
Thanks Received: 4,505

Yes I'll be posting shortly a new version containing naked POC/naked UA, and S/R Zones based on consecutive levels of imbalances. You'll get a dialog box when it's available for download.

For massive stats matrix, I'm not a big fan of those, I find them to eat up your screen real estate, and overwhelm you with numbers..

Of course if there's some demand for stats I'll add them :-)

Thanked by:
 gomi 
Paris
Market Wizard

Thanks Given: 282
Thanks Received: 4,505

OK new version up , if evertything goes as planned, you guys should get a dialog box next time you restart Ninja and use either indicator.

Changelog :

GomMPPro 5.1 :
Corrected a bug of developing POC not showing up
Added a RightToLeft/LeftToRight HotKey
Added a HVN/LVN Toggle HotKey
Added a HVN/LVN minimum size change HotKey
Corrected a bug on ToggleList working only once every 2 times
Corrected property naming on NT8
Corrected misdrawings when BarSpacing was used
GomOrderFlowPro 1.1
Added naked POC/naked UA
Changed delta calculations on NT8 to conform Sierra specs
Added S/R zones based on consecutive levels of imbalance
Added possibility to change font color
Now let's tackle some well needed documentation :-)

HINT :
*if you want to be able to shrink the candles, you need to disable the "auto bar width" autosizer

Thanked by:

Last Updated on August 11, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts