NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

GOMI all NT7/8 & SC; MP & Orderflow @ Gomicators.com from original GOMI

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one gomi with 90 posts (413 thanks)
    2. looks_two Silvester17 with 52 posts (362 thanks)
    3. looks_3 jmont1 with 19 posts (44 thanks)
    4. looks_4 yawaniga with 16 posts (10 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 17 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Silvester17 with 7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 gomi with 4.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 jmont1 with 2.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 189,570 views
    2. thumb_up 1,009 thanks given
    3. group 136 followers
    1. forum 355 posts
    2. attach_file 185 attachments

Search this Thread

GOMI all NT7/8 & SC; MP & Orderflow @ Gomicators.com from original GOMI

Neo1 
Christchurch, New Zealand

Experience: Beginner
Platform: SC
Broker: IB, BC, Dx Feed
Trading: US Equities
Thanks Given: 471
Thanks Received: 531

mokum View Post
Thanks @Silvester17 & @Neo1 for the orderflow patterns. Been trying to find some patterns for weeks, but consistency is hard to find, even with parameters like volume steps and resistance levels at hand.
Did loads of internet searches if certain patterns could be recognized, via screen capture or so. Maybe Googles tensor flow can do it but that is completely out of my league.
Think it would save tremendous amount of time in analyzing data and studies.
So the question is does anyone know if the market analyzer can do this type of thing, or if there is software out ?
Tried both the market analyzer from NT8/NT7 but to no success. But i have no idea the capabilities of Sierra Chart. Did see that Linnsoft has something but it goes not deep enough as far i can see, as you only can read delta not delta min/max, COT and delta finish.
Peter

Are you suggesting using Machine learning techniques to identify patterns in order flow? I doubt Machine learning is going to produce a magic result, there's still the need to select certain parameters. This is probably a topic you should start another thread on.

Personally, I would only look at machine learning techniques during optimization, but I'm a noob.

The "delta" examples posted in this thread can easily be identified in SC using simple alert formulas.

"Free markets work because they allow people to be lucky, thanks to aggressive trial and error, not by giving rewards or incentives for skill. The strategy is, then, to tinker as much as possible and try to collect as many Black Swan opportunities as you can"
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader

jmont1 
New York, NY

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader8
Broker: Data = Rithmic -- Gives 70 Level II Data
Trading: 6C (Low Margin,) 6E, CL, GC, ES and Maybe DX for smaller tick value
Thanks Given: 1,719
Thanks Received: 1,019

mokum View Post
Thanks @Silvester17 & @Neo1 for the orderflow patterns. Been trying to find some patterns for weeks, but consistency is hard to find, even with parameters like volume steps and resistance levels at hand.
Did loads of internet searches if certain patterns could be recognized, via screen capture or so. Maybe Googles tensor flow can do it but that is completely out of my league.
Think it would save tremendous amount of time in analyzing data and studies.
So the question is does anyone know if the market analyzer can do this type of thing, or if there is software out ?
Tried both the market analyzer from NT8/NT7 but to no success. But i have no idea the capabilities of Sierra Chart. Did see that Linnsoft has something but it goes not deep enough as far i can see, as you only can read delta not delta min/max, COT and delta finish.
Peter

Peter @mokum, I'm not really a SC user, although I have tried to leave NT without success.

Patterns can have many variations so you may just be discounting these but there is a SC study called Candlestick Pattern Finder. Have you looked at that and possibly modifying it to your set ups? I have not tried it so cannot help.

If you get a copy of NT7 or 8 even as a trial it does have a candle stick pattern indicator. But it only does one at a time. There are variations that will do all. But these are primarily based on the up/down, open/close of patterns. None look at market delta. But might be a starting point.

------------

I have a variation of NT7's candle Stick Pattern that has an adjunct indicator used for strategies. But I have messed the code up a bit and trying not to post it till I get it cleaner. Of course that would not be good for SC unless you have it converted OR run it in NT sim and manually enter trades in SC.

BTW, @gomi is a contract programmer. If you really believe in your strategy you could contact him to code it.

Good Trading All

Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Silvester17 
Columbus, OH
Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: NT 8, TOS
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 5,139
Thanks Received: 11,527

my preferred condition is when the market is ranging. easier to spot good entry and exit levels than in a trending market. and normally there will be more opportunities. however, the same logic can be applied in a trending market. as always, I use the vwap (only daily and eth) for guidance. in a up trending market like today, a good entry level for a pullback is the first upper sd band or the vwap itself. and then we can confirm the entry with our footprint chart.

here're some examples. my favorite one is number 3. a big bullish delta divergence, large min delta value, max delta = 0, negative volume imbalance and trade location also close to imminent support created by a positive volume imbalance:

as already mentioned before, there's no guarantee it will work every single time. I don't know anything that does. but I believe this is a valid approach and you'll know pretty fast if it fails.

sudhirc 
detroit,mi
sc

Platform: NT
Broker: NT
Trading: ES
Frequency: Every few months
Duration: Hours
Thanks Given: 1,709
Thanks Received: 471

Does Gomi ladder work with PnF chart?

Thank you,
Sudhir

Thierryq 
Recife + Brazil

Platform: Sierra
Broker: Denali
Trading: ES, spreads
Thanks Given: 133
Thanks Received: 49

sudhirc View Post
Does Gomi ladder work with PnF chart?

Thank you,
Sudhir

Yes

Thanked by:
 DrRumpy 
Canada

Experience: Beginner
Platform: MetaTrader
Trading: Currency
Thanks Given: 25
Thanks Received: 32

Hi @gomi

I've been looking at order flow & footprint tools a lot recently. Order Flows has some concepts I have not see elsewhere.

Ratio bounds low
Ratio bounds high
Price rejection
Delta surge/scalper

Not sure if you have seen these before or have comments on the features. I would certainly greatly appreciate any thoughts you have on them. And on whether your nee product has
similar functionality.

Thanked by:
 hoolio 
Melbourne, Australia

Platform: NT8, Multicharts,Sierra
Broker: CQG, IB
Trading: YM,CL,GC,6E,6J
Thanks Given: 85
Thanks Received: 60

Interesting Dr Rumpy.

I had a look at the website and some similar concepts to Gomi's great tool.

He also has a youtube channel so may be some decent ladder analysis in there somewhere.

We are all forever learning so if there is any good educational material in his youtube stuff I'm sure I will enjoy it

Thanked by:

DELTA007 
NewDelhi ,India

Platform: NT7
Trading: crudeoil

hoolio View Post
Interesting Dr Rumpy.

I had a look at the website and some similar concepts to Gomi's great tool.

He also has a youtube channel so may be some decent ladder analysis in there somewhere.

We are all forever learning so if there is any good educational material in his youtube stuff I'm sure I will enjoy it

I could not find any channel. Can you post the links ?

hoolio 
Melbourne, Australia

DELTA007 View Post
I could not find any channel. Can you post the links ?

Order Flows | Trading Decisions Based On [AUTOLINK]Order Flow[/AUTOLINK] Analysis
[yt]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI37HXPO1f4o9j4SA83-Iog[/yt]

Thanked by:
 hoolio 
Melbourne, Australia

Out of interest I had a look at a couple of the videos on that channel.
Some good basic stuff on profile and order flow but I can't see any useful additions in those tools that aren't already in Gomi's tools.

For example, re the "ratios" that they go on about I think that the Numbers Bars Calculated Values in Sierra gives you better options to display than the ratio. I'll leave you to look at that ratio and form your own views.

Just my two cents worth.

Last Updated on August 11, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts