NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

GOMI all NT7/8 & SC; MP & Orderflow @ Gomicators.com from original GOMI

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one gomi with 90 posts (413 thanks)
    2. looks_two Silvester17 with 52 posts (362 thanks)
    3. looks_3 jmont1 with 19 posts (44 thanks)
    4. looks_4 yawaniga with 16 posts (10 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 17 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Silvester17 with 7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 gomi with 4.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 jmont1 with 2.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 189,440 views
    2. thumb_up 1,009 thanks given
    3. group 136 followers
    1. forum 355 posts
    2. attach_file 185 attachments

Search this Thread

GOMI all NT7/8 & SC; MP & Orderflow @ Gomicators.com from original GOMI

paps 
SF Bay Area + CA/US

Experience: None
Platform: TS, TOS, Ninja(Analytics)
Trading: NQ CL, ES when volatile mrkts
Thanks Given: 2,176
Thanks Received: 1,726

Silvester17 View Post
for new users of footprint (volume ladder) charts, some of the features may be a little overwhelming or difficult to understand. so hopefully a brief explanation will help. in most cases I used the original description from market delta:

- delta
displays the cumulative (net) delta for the entire bar. It is cumulative for the entire bar

- total volume
displays the total volume that occurred for each bar. It is cumulative for the entire bar

- unfinished auction
An “unfinished auction”, sometimes called “unfinished business”, is the term used to describe when the extreme price for a bar (either high, low, or both) has both buy AND sell volume

- poc
displays the highest volume at a specific price for this specific column

- min delta
displays the lowest overall delta value achieved for the entire bar. It is cumulative for the entire bar

- max delta
displays the highest overall delta value achieved for the entire bar. It is cumulative for the entire bar

- delta finish
This is the pullback of delta from it's last high or low. If Delta last bounced off it's high before completing bar, the finish will be negative (or zero). If Delta last bounced off it's low before completing bar, the finish will be positive (or zero)

- cot high
cumulates the delta (ask volume minus bid volume) in the bar tick after tick (trade after trade). But it is reset to 0 on the tick which is either a higher high (within the bar) or a repeat of the former high of the bar

- cot low
cumulates the delta (ask volume minus bid volume) in the bar tick after tick (trade after trade). But it is reset to 0 on the tick which is either a lower low (within the bar) or a repeat of the former low of the bar

the cot calculations are a little different from the original gom volume ladder. now we have a standardized definition, showing the same data on all platforms.

I tried to show/explain the cot from the original gom volume ladder here:

and here's how it looks like with the GomOrderFlowPro version:

>>if I share my secrets, then there're not secrets anymore << You still do. thnx

@Silvester17 i must commend you. You share a lot of stuff. thanks bud.

am a user of GOM OF. This definitely helps...though I can use it even w/o knowing the above. But the explanation makes it easier.

would love to see your settings on the GOM OF "wink << yr secret sauce". I also love the way you have GOM MP alongside the GOM OF which triggered some thoughts in me.

thnx again for sharing yr thoughts and use of stuff for GOM products and others over the years

cheers

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks
 gomi 
Paris
Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader
Thanks Given: 282
Thanks Received: 4,505

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the cool ideas,

For those interested, here's a new beta version for NT8, it's simpler form to deploy on NT8 only because I don't have to go through all the NT7/Sierra obfuscation stuff

New features
* Added size filter on Ninja (native in Sierra)
* Added tick aggregation for low liquidity instruments with a small tick size like Nifty. Now multiple ticks can be bound on one level. (native in sierra)
* Added potential reversal detection based on declining interest on one side along with imbalances on the other side
* Audio alerts on new S/R zones and new reversals
* Ability to reset naked UA/COT and S/R zones on session start

Plotting
* Ability to completely disable candle drawing
* Set up a volume divisor so you can change from a 270000 to 270 to increase readability on high volume charts.
* Ability to show candle top/bottom zones (delta volume COT) while candle text is disabled.
* Improved font scaling and performance when zooming in/zooming out ; now auto bar width is disabled by default.

Various bug fixes and improvements :-)

Here's an example of reversals, materialized by arrows on top/bottom of bar:

You can download latest beta on "downloads" section of the gomicators.com web site.

Documentation is here, all the new features are mentioned by "new in 1.4"

If you already had a trial period, you can ask for an extension by sending me your machine Id using the "contact" form of the gomicators.com web site, or with a PM on nexusfi.com

Gomi

Silvester17 
Columbus, OH
Market Wizard

Platform: NT 8, TOS
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 5,139
Thanks Received: 11,527

gomi View Post
Hi guys,

Thanks for all the cool ideas,

For those interested, here's a new beta version for NT8, it's simpler form to deploy on NT8 only because I don't have to go through all the NT7/Sierra obfuscation stuff

New features
* Added size filter on Ninja (native in Sierra)
* Added tick aggregation for low liquidity instruments with a small tick size like Nifty. Now multiple ticks can be bound on one level. (native in sierra)
* Added potential reversal detection based on declining interest on one side along with imbalances on the other side
* Audio alerts on new S/R zones and new reversals
* Ability to reset naked UA/COT and S/R zones on session start

Plotting
* Ability to completely disable candle drawing
* Set up a volume divisor so you can change from a 270000 to 270 to increase readability on high volume charts.
* Ability to show candle top/bottom zones (delta volume COT) while candle text is disabled.
* Improved font scaling and performance when zooming in/zooming out ; now auto bar width is disabled by default.

Various bug fixes and improvements :-)

Here's an example of reversals, materialized by arrows on top/bottom of bar:

You can download latest beta on "downloads" section of the gomicators.com web site.

Documentation is here, all the new features are mentioned by "new in 1.4"

If you already had a trial period, you can ask for an extension by sending me your machine Id using the "contact" form of the gomicators.com web site, or with a PM on nexusfi.com

Gomi

I find that "potential reversal detection" option fascinating. it also makes perfect sense. especially when both factors (declining buying/selling interest and on the other side a volume imbalance) take place. optimal would probably be both happening in the same candle, but I noticed it also works well with an unbroken volume imbalance that was created earlier.

here's an example from today:

well done @gomi

gomi 
Paris
Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader
Thanks Given: 282
Thanks Received: 4,505

Just a quick message to mention that new version is available on all platforms now.

You can ask for an extension of your trial if you already ended it on the previous version.

I'd also like to thank everyone again for the votes on the True Edge Awards!

Gomi

paps 
SF Bay Area + CA/US

Platform: TS, TOS, Ninja(Analytics)
Trading: NQ CL, ES when volatile mrkts
Thanks Given: 2,176
Thanks Received: 1,726

guys....anyone using the latest code,,,could you pls comment.

Should we be able to see the Reversal arrows on higher TF Tick charts or 30Min charts.

Also do you think the volume imbalance be easier to spot on Smaller TF charts?

enclosing 3 charts....where i am not sure if i could spot the reversal bars & the vol imbalance coloring. what am i missing guys?

@gomi this is a kool feature. Is there a possibility of few templates for High & Lower TF's.

thnx

DELTA007 
NewDelhi ,India

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT7
Trading: crudeoil

I see only empty candles. What am doing wrong?

mokum 
Pattaya Thailand

Platform: Sierra
Broker: S5/Rithmic
Trading: Bund/Eurostoxx
Thanks Given: 351
Thanks Received: 27

DELTA007 View Post

In V5 my "font name" was blank, i just put in the word: "Arial" and it worked.
But iam on Sierra not NT

Thanked by:

DELTA007 
NewDelhi ,India

Platform: NT7
Trading: crudeoil

NT8 font name field is not empty. It must be some other setting that is missing. Thanks anyway.

Silvester17 
Columbus, OH
Market Wizard

Platform: NT 8, TOS
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 5,139
Thanks Received: 11,527

DELTA007 View Post

it looks like it could be an issue in the main settings. do you have the box "disable all candle drawing" checked? if so all the candles will be empty. make sure it's unchecked.

Thanked by:
yawaniga
chennai/india

Thanks Given: 111
Thanks Received: 149

DELTA007 View Post

Hi Its works fine for me. Check ur main Setting Disable all candles drawing is ticked or not, BTW Happy to see a CL Trader from India. If any issue post ur setting 'll compare with set up.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on August 11, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts