NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Brexit 101

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one xplorer with 267 posts (374 thanks)
    2. looks_two SMCJB with 80 posts (150 thanks)
    3. looks_3 jtrade with 76 posts (126 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Rory with 43 posts (67 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one SMCJB with 1.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two jtrade with 1.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Rory with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 xplorer with 1.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 262,525 views
    2. thumb_up 1,299 thanks given
    3. group 43 followers
    1. forum 774 posts
    2. attach_file 64 attachments

Search this Thread

Brexit 101

carofa 
Tallinn Estonia

Experience: Master
Platform: MT5,MT4
Broker: FP markets
Trading: Forex
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 50

xplorer View Post
NATO is a military alliance, it's got nothing to do with trade, though.
expect to be (trade-speaking) cornered.

Nato is military union and important when it comes to military trade but not relevant for other goods .

Compare Switzerland with Mauritius. what is the different and why is it more difficult for Switzerland to remain independent than for Mauritius.

Or why can Australia for example push the Tobacco price of a pack to $40 .

And by the way even NorthKorea is not cornered when you see the new Limousine of Kim

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index

xplorer 
London UK
Site Moderator

Experience: Beginner
Platform: CQG
Broker: S5
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 15,446
Thanks Received: 15,289

carofa View Post
Compare Switzerland with Mauritius. what is the different and why is it more difficult for Switzerland to remain independent than for Mauritius.

Or why can Australia for example push the Tobacco price of a pack to $40 .

I have no idea on the above, you tell me why.

Quoting 
And by the way even NorthKorea is not cornered when you see the new Limousine of Kim

I don't understand, what has Kim's new limousine got to do with trade, within the context we are discussing?

Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 sixtyseven 
Golden Bay, New Zealand

Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, NQ
Thanks Given: 851
Thanks Received: 337

xplorer View Post
This may not be a perfectly fitting example but in these cases I tend to simplify: just like the Global brands and shopping malls are able to concentrate shopping in one place commanding preferential treatment from suppliers - and in the process cornering smaller shops - at a wider scale, an economic union has a similar premise. If you are part of it, you are expected to benefit from its membership. But if you are left alone, expect to be (trade-speaking) cornered.

There comes a point where you can go too far in one direction. If Amazon started acquiring a bunch of donkeys it's overall profitability would suffer. It would benefit the donkeys though.

In the EU, Germany probably get some trade benefits from being part of a bigger whole, but they also have to suck up a lot of shit, and thus overall I'm not sure if they are better off.

Thanked by:

jtrade 
near Amsterdam

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: (M)ES, (M)NQ
Thanks Given: 442
Thanks Received: 336

sixtyseven View Post
In the EU, Germany probably get some trade benefits from being part of a bigger whole, but they also have to suck up a lot of shit, and thus overall I'm not sure if they are better off.

Germany is - in economic terms - far and away the greatest beneficiary of the Eurozone & therefore in essence of the EU.

Because as an industrial producer it is so much more efficient than every other EU nation & is not burdened like Switzerland with a hugely stronger currency, it continues to crush its Eurozone neighbours. This cannot change as long as Germany remains in the Eurozone.

Regardless of what the German public may think and its politicians may say, the only reason Germany bailed out Greece was because Germans banks had profitably lent them so many billions. Germany "bailed out" itself!

It's amazing how these things remain hidden from the public eye. The QE carried out by the major national banks to "save" us all from global meltdown , was just a massive state handout to those that caused the problems, ultimately paid for by tax payers and savers. I'd explain why, but I've just come off the golf course (birdie on the last ) and it's time for my bath...

My guess remains that the Brexit situation only appears so ludicrous because we do not really know what is going on behind the scenes.

... and don't forget, I STILL don't think Brexit is going to happen (uh-oh, the men in white coats are coming for me...).

Thanked by:
 sixtyseven 
Golden Bay, New Zealand

Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, NQ
Thanks Given: 851
Thanks Received: 337

jtrade View Post
Germany is - in economic terms - far and away the greatest beneficiary of the Eurozone & therefore in essence of the EU.

Thanks. I clearly need to do update my thinking. I could understand the benefits for the EU up to '95, but after that I assumed it was all downhill. If I understand you, things got even better still for Germany from '95?

Thanked by:
mkjonhston
London UK

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 5

jtrade View Post

Because as an industrial producer it is so much more efficient than every other EU nation & is not burdened like Switzerland with a hugely stronger currency, it continues to crush its Eurozone neighbours. This cannot change as long as Germany remains in the Eurozone.

Regardless of what the German public may think and its politicians may say, the only reason Germany bailed out Greece was because Germans banks had profitably lent them so many billions. Germany "bailed out" itself!

It's amazing how these things remain hidden from the public eye. The QE carried out by the major national banks to "save" us all from global meltdown , was just a massive state handout to those that caused the problems, ultimately paid for by tax payers and savers. I'd explain why, but I've just come off the golf course (birdie on the last ) and it's time for my bath...

My guess remains that the Brexit situation only appears so ludicrous because we do not really know what is going on behind the scenes.

... and don't forget, I STILL don't think Brexit is going to happen (uh-oh, the men in white coats are coming for me...).

Moaaahahaha - did the white coats get you? I think you're of a different opinion now
I enjoyed seing how the very own promissed thing that brought current party in power is the one and only thing that will burrow it to the ground for another decade or so. But hey, pure sheer incompetence (starting from how they run the pre-vote campaign, to the current circus nobody laughs at anymore) doesn't come without a political cost.

xplorer 
London UK
Site Moderator

An interesting list of what the Leave supporters said about trade negotiations to promote the vote to leave

Thanked by:

jtrade 
near Amsterdam

xplorer View Post
An interesting list of what the Leave supporters said about trade negotiations to promote the vote to leave

Now that is a great link - what a bunch of incompetents. Thanks !

Thanked by:

xplorer 
London UK
Site Moderator

The US investment guru said he would like his firm, Berkshire Hathaway, to be better known across the Atlantic.

"We're hoping for a deal in the UK and/or in Europe, no matter how Brexit comes out," the billionaire told his annual shareholders' meeting.

"I have the feeling it was a mistake," he said of the UK's vote to leave.

However, he added: "It doesn't destroy my appetite in the least for making a very large acquisition in the UK."

Mr Buffett, known as the "Sage of Omaha", is chairman and chief executive of Berkshire Hathaway, which owns dozens of US stocks.

The company reported first-quarter earnings of $21.7bn (£16.5bn) on Saturday, a marked improvement on last year's first-quarter loss of $1.1bn.

Article on BBC News

Thanked by:

jtrade 
near Amsterdam

So, Mother Theresa will leave soon and there will be a new Tory leader - and therefore PM - around the end of June.

The chance of a WTO / "hard" Brexit just went up dramatically.

Mother T had to go, but if the next PM is BoJo or Gove, God help us...

Mind you, it's helping my 6B D1 long :

Thanked by:

Last Updated on September 27, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts