NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Trade-the-plan.com review

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one forgiven with 18 posts (6 thanks)
    2. looks_two Futures with 17 posts (14 thanks)
    3. looks_3 brettji with 16 posts (12 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Daniel Roe with 12 posts (3 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one t0030tr with 3.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Fibbee with 3.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bopwillie with 3.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Futures with 0.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 61,997 views
    2. thumb_up 244 thanks given
    3. group 64 followers
    1. forum 182 posts
    2. attach_file 27 attachments

Search this Thread

Trade-the-plan.com review

Futures 
Toronto ON/Canada

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: CL
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 14

Mimi, I have a new pc being shipped next week, and I am now trying to source replacement indicators - not an easy task as Daniel's indicators - like the ToolBar - were truly great.

I had a similar server issue with Trade the Plan a year ago and his programmer said that the server was misconfigured 'which made the server look okay, but the actual request couldn't properly connect to it.' They resolved the issue at that time.

Now there doesn't appear to be anyone there, including Daniel, although it seems that you can still purchase indicators off the website - but what do you do when you try to activate them and you get a popup saying the server cannot be reached, over and over again? Yikes.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
NexusFi Journal Challenge - May 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Quant vue
Trading Reviews and Vendors
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
What is Markets Chat (markets.chat) real-time trading ro …
70 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
54 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
31 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
24 thanks
The Program
20 thanks
 Mimi K 
Amsterdam + Holland

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Nanotrader
Broker: WHS
Trading: Dax futures
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 1

I really dont know what to do
But hope someone can get in touch with him ......

Futures 
Toronto ON/Canada

Not much you can do, Mimi. He may resurface at some point, but it could be months. Hopefully, the software hasn't begun a count down timer and doesn't lock us out at some point. This sounds like your concern as well. This all seems unnecessarily stressful, but it is what it is.

FMTrader 
Adelaide South Australia

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninjatrader
Trading: ES & 6E
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 18

Futures View Post
Not much you can do, Mimi. He may resurface at some point, but it could be months. Hopefully, the software hasn't begun a count down timer and doesn't lock us out at some point. This sounds like your concern as well. This all seems unnecessarily stressful, but it is what it is.

I just posted elsewhere then subsequently found this thread. I have been using his indicator package for years but three to four weeks ago found that I could no longer configure the settings in his toolbar application. I sent numerous emails and messages by a number of means but all to no avail. His server has been offline for a month and I wonder if that is the reason I have lost functionality in the toolbar. It was a fairly sophisticated piece of software but appears to have defaulted to an unconfigurable state. Surprising that no one is monitoring either the support line or the server functionality. Clearly there is insufficient manpower backup. I just hope whatever has happened isn't too serious.

ccanio 
Montevideo

Platform: NT8
Trading: futures
Thanks Received: 1

Mimi K View Post
The same for me.
Since 2 weeks no connection to TTP server.
Really hope he will be back soon to solve this problem.
Althoug the indicators and toolbar are still working but for how long?
Bought a lifetime license.

I have the same problem
I try to install in another PC to check if I had any connection problem with my Trading Desktop, but I couldn´t use any tool because the connection failure with TTP Server.
Take care and dont uninstall and reinstall it because its very probable that you cant use it.

Thanked by:
 Futures 
Toronto ON/Canada

Yes, don't uninstall it!

Letting the server lapse is not a good sign. Hopefully, Daniel will get the help he needs. As miffed as I am, I still tip him the hat and say once again, brilliant work.

Thanked by:

t0030tr 
Detroit, Michigan, USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NT8 w/TTP
Broker: IB/Kinetick/CQG
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 28
Thanks Received: 84

I believe the latest rev of NT software has broken the TTP tools. I am guessing here, but I do not believe Dan was taking in enough revenue to continue dev on the product and now it would appear to keep the the license server running. I never quite understood how the free lifetime updates model would help the company survive and it would appear I was right. I have reached out to Dan multiple time and have not received a response. Really thought him starting the discord and implementing a yearly update fee was a great idea he spoke about to me. In any case I hope you are ok Dan.

Thanked by:
 j77777 
dallas tx usa

Platform: Bookmap,Ninja,Sierra,
Trading: ES, NQ
Frequency: Never
Duration: Never
Thanks Given: 222
Thanks Received: 10

I'm still holding on to hope .............. and I just came on board 4-5 weeks ago........

FMTrader 
Adelaide South Australia

Platform: Ninjatrader
Trading: ES & 6E
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 18

I have sent emails to two different TTP email addresses, tried to contact TTP via Facebook plus also Daniel Roe directly through Facebook and this site. I have also sent a Facebook message to one of Daniel's previous software guys and so far nothing has come back. His Twitter page hasn't been used in years. His last Youtube video was posted on the 22nd March and my problems commenced about a week after that at which point I tried to contact TTP. His server has been out of action for all of April. I attempted to ring his business number in Covington, Louisiana over the weekend just to see if I would at least get a pre recorded message. To my surprise a woman answered and had never heard of TTP. I definitely rang the correct number so it would appear his business address in Covington is no longer there. I will try one more time during business hours but it doesn't look good. His current Facebook page has postings up to late February and strangely says he lives in Florida and not Louisiana.
I can only hope that he comes back online in even a reduced fashion so that the thousands of dollars of software I have purchased from him will at least continue to function. Currently I cannot edit any of the settings underlying each toolbar button. Whether that relates to an NT8 change or is caused by his offline server I simply don't know. I would be interested to know if anyone else is having the same issue with the toolbar when you try to setup a new button and want to edit the settings.

Futures 
Toronto ON/Canada

I am proceeding under the assumption that Daniel has either passed away or has been incarcerated or has been similarly incapacitated with a physical and/or mental illness or has been abducted by aliens and is sitting alone in some zoo half way across the galaxy - otherwise keeping his website sales server up and running whilst simultaneously letting his licensing server lapse seems sus at this point. And yes, an annual software update fee would have been the way to go - like with BloodHound.

Last Updated on January 9, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts