NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Trade-the-plan.com review

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one forgiven with 18 posts (6 thanks)
    2. looks_two Futures with 17 posts (14 thanks)
    3. looks_3 brettji with 16 posts (12 thanks)
    4. looks_4 t0030tr with 12 posts (44 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one t0030tr with 3.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Fibbee with 3.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bopwillie with 3.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Futures with 0.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 60,237 views
    2. thumb_up 244 thanks given
    3. group 64 followers
    1. forum 182 posts
    2. attach_file 27 attachments

Search this Thread

Trade-the-plan.com review

ECI Ed
Seminole, FL

Thanks Given: 9
Thanks Received: 3

I totally concur with t0030tr's review except I only trade 3 markets and never see myself trading more than 4, and I have only been with Dan for 20 months.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
18 thanks
 00cedge 
South Africa

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NT Brokerage
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 20
Thanks Received: 56

Hey guys,

Just to pipe in here...
Having spent plenty of money on different trading courses over the years I was looking to improve my edge in the markets. The larger your edge the more you can get away with, without massively affecting your account balance or in my case starting off a spell of emotional trading... and of course the more you stand to make. Dan has proved this quite conclusively.
I was looking for a group of people who have the same basic beliefs in how the markets are constructed and searching for a great trader to learn from.
After weighing off a few options I decided to join TTP. I've been with them for about 6 months now. TTP was the most expensive choice but the main reason I decided to join Dan and Co. was that he was, is and will probably be the only person who has proved their method and shown his account statements to boot. (At least that has been my experience).

I was hoping to be further along with his method after 6 months but life has most certainly and regrettably got in the way. I've only spent 2 weeks in the traderoom and still have LOTS to learn. In the future I will update my review ... hopefully from an island in the Caribbean

Ok so my honest review__
The method is as complex as you make it... The more you know, understand, test, practice and learn the more powerful the method becomes. However I think the aspects that help my trading the most are multiple time frame analysis, fibs (never thought I'd say that but they do work when applied correctly) and market geometry, although I was already using mg to a degree. I have been trading pretty erratically lately and I dare say emotionally so I'm up about 15xR with 2-3 months trading. I was up near 40xR at one point, so that is a personal flaw.. not a shortfall of the method. Definitely possible to make 40xR each month IMO.
The support team is awesome and always respond quickly.
Their tools are some of the best in the industry although I found myself removing things like Pivots, VWAP etc from my charts so I don't have an epileptic fit.
Coaching/teaching is great but you need to join the Traderoom everyday to really benefit from this.

Areas TTP could improve.... the actual coursework/videos etc don't flow in a logical, easy to learn fashion. I found myself spending huge amounts of time watching stuff that had already been covered. I believe the guys are working on this already and I'm sure they know of the issue.
There is also a large requirement to learn the software they have developed and there are constant updates and changes. This is great if you have time but if you are trying to master a method on a part-time basis it can be a serious challenge.
There are too few documented rules and guidelines or rather setup, entry, exit criteria that one can look at to have a picture of exactly how to trade the method. I guess it is highly discretional and impossible to summarise in a few pages but I still think there is room for improvement in that department.

That being said and no harm intended to the TTP team, you guys are doing an incredible job and us rookie traders always appreciate you sharing your knowledge, even if it means we have to share our cash.

If you willing to put in hard work and have the patience to learn trading, TTP is your best way of achieving profitability.
I hope to be trading this method till I die! and hopefully join the Traderoom for an extended period and report back here in the future.

My rating 10/10

aircal 
Keller, TX USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Tradestation, NinjaTrader
Trading: YM, ES, CL
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 40

TTP is one of the few vendors that is actually worthwhile (Jigsaw being the only other that comes to mind). That said, it is incredibly complex and difficult to learn. Daniel is a great guy and very intelligent, but would be well served having someone else create a training course for the system - he tends to wander and the webinars stretch for hours. I've begged them for the past couple of years to at least arrange the training videos in an logical progression, but it's a moving target - the system is always been added on to or improved, and the settings are constantly being adjusted. It's pro level stuff the average retail trader will never even know exists.

Sent from my iPad using NexusFi mobile app

Thanked by:

DavidHP 
Isla Mujeres, MX
Legendary Market Wizard

Broker: Ninjatrader / Optimus Futures / AmpFutures
Trading: ES / 6E / 6B / CL
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 11,328
Thanks Received: 2,743

I don't use TTP.

However, I just checked the site and I noticed the 'free indicators' seem to be ones from Futures.io or members here.

Seems strange to use indicators from here and require a signup to access them?
I did not sign up so I don't know if they give credit to this site or the acutal authors.

Just curious why this is o.k. or if I did not understand why.

Rejoice in the Thunderstorms of Life . . .
Knowing it's not about Clouds or Wind. . .
But Learning to Dance in the Rain ! ! !
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
 dk27 
Europe

Platform: NT, IB
Broker: IQfeed, IB
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 223
Thanks Received: 144

The free indicators are from Fat Tails, published with his permission.

DavidHP View Post
I don't use TTP.

However, I just checked the site and I noticed the 'free indicators' seem to be ones from Futures.io or members here.

Seems strange to use indicators from here and require a signup to access them?
I did not sign up so I don't know if they give credit to this site or the acutal authors.

Just curious why this is o.k. or if I did not understand why.

Thanked by:
 billsingh 
San jose

Platform: Thinkorswim
Trading: Stock
Thanks Given: 133
Thanks Received: 68

aircal View Post
TTP is one of the few vendors that is actually worthwhile (Jigsaw being the only other that comes to mind). That said, it is incredibly complex and difficult to learn. Daniel is a great guy and very intelligent, but would be well served having someone else create a training course for the system - he tends to wander and the webinars stretch for hours. I've begged them for the past couple of years to at least arrange the training videos in an logical progression, but it's a moving target - the system is always been added on to or improved, and the settings are constantly being adjusted. It's pro level stuff the average retail trader will never even know exists.

Sent from my iPad using NexusFi mobile app

Hi Aircal,
Agreed with you on everything. I also gave up for that reason. Need smaller/shorter/to the point videos and it can be done very easily. Both Dan and Clinton and amazing persons and traders. Dan being very intelligent and know ninja inside out built amazing system. I wish I can use it to its fullest, but cannot keep it up with videos so I just gave up. You need lot of time for that and being working full time cannot do it. I will also be very interested in to the point videos course if it comes out.

Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 pepbosch 
Madrid - Spain

Broker: CONTINUUM
Trading: ES, Currency Futures, Forex, oil, gold, EUR/USD, Stocks
Thanks Given: 412
Thanks Received: 132

Hello guys, I just wanted to express my gratitude to Daniel Roe from Trade-the-Plan for his constant work for improving our trading. I do recommend his method and the fantastic tools he and his team are developing. Although I do no have much time to interact with TTP trading group , I learn a lot every minute I spend with them.
I met Daniel when he was offering his services building up strategies in BooldHound ,he is really good on it. But from there I continued in touch until he started his own company , to show hi really worthwhile method of trading. He his constantly improving it, and that´s a good thing . No method is valid if it is not renewed constantly , trading is something alive , and changing rules constantly, if keep our method alive we will keep on the track. That is exactly what TTP is doing. With that being said I must say TTP´s tools are really fantastic for any kind of method in technical analisis .
For sure I recommend to just take a look on it.

Thanked by:

Valimo 
Chicago IL

Platform: Ninja Trader
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 15

I have been a TTP member since late 2013. Going on 4 years now there isn't another vendor out there who has the best trading system and software for NT7 bar none. I made 1400 today alone and now consider myself a profitable trader. Dont get me wrong trading to me is 90% psychology and 10% system but you still need the best to compete. I rely heavily on Daniels Roe's relative volume for time based charts and volume per a sec for tick based charts. There is no one else out there that combines market geometry with volume analysis and Elliot wave as a filter to screen for lowest risk entries.

I'm still a part-time trader and a pharmacist as my prior profession.

I would rate Daniel Roe a 10/10 plus the man trades live with his own account in-front of people and then explains why he takes the trade, this is not a call room but a total trading-immersion environment where the newbies are learning and the veterans are making money. Full disclaimer I am a panelist but I don't work for Dan, I get my money from the market itself not through TTP. That means if you become a TTP member you may hear my voice as I talk about the ES since that is the only market I trade.

Any questions just message me through here.
Michael Valimohammad

Constantin B 
Dublin. Ireland

Platform: NinjaTrader,Quantower
Broker: Ninjatrading Brokerage
Trading: Futures,ES, NQ, CL, GC
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 4

I have been a member of the TTP Trading group for 2 years. During that time I have consistently attended his trading room in which Daniel Roe analysis various markets. Daniel's methods  involve charts using various time frames, market geometry and fundamentals of the Elliott wave principals. Additionally, Daniel and his back room team have develop sophisticated software, which when applied to the charts, show developing momentum diversion, as well as volume diversion. Furthermore, Daniel conducts twice weekly study webinars with instructions on how to use his software. Using his techniques, his software and his daily instructions, my trading performance has substantially improved. I am proud to be a member of his trading family.

Thanked by:
 bopwillie 
Nashville Tennessee/United States

Platform: Ninja Trader
Trading: CL, ES, NQ, GC
Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 55

Traders, the "futuresio" website is awesome for us traders to share you thoughts, wins, and losses. Thanks to you Big Mike for giving us such a platform!

Now, my experience with the TTP has been a slow but sure process. After all, I am a 70 year old ex-stock broker of 10 years, now a real trader, and okra-farmer. Being an older gent, I was most pleased with Daniel's demeanor in both webinars and in-person phone calls. He speaks of his work as he trades: never over-excited, always steady, no bragging, "nothing is 100%", and no heat like we've all heard, "If you buy this today, the price is special!", and no pushy sales efforts. If there was a trading system that states loud and clear, "The proof is in the puffing", this is it!!!

As I have spoken with Daniel and been around the trading room for about a year now, the conduct of the room is modeled after Daniel's persona. I call the room's attitude a "measured steps" procedure. There are no hasty entries. Each opportunity is carefully measured as to the opportunity presented. Furthermore, this is the only room where I have seen multiple contracts traded. I liken the overall attitude to the old TV show, "Cheers", where everbody knows your name.

Two of my favorites about the software are: relative volume and divergences indicators. Without too much detail, the relative volume indicator tells me when there is extreme pressure for an "about to happen" move. Couple this with the onscreen-immediate divergence, double divergence, and even triple divergence markers, good trades are more than possible each day. Still, this is no an auto-system. My discretion is in charge of the final entry/exit.

The futures I follow are: CL, ES, NQ, GC, and sometimes the ZB. The "alerts indicator" makes following several futures easier for me, especially for reversals.

As a slow-senior, I have always enjoyed superb service from Dan's team. Learning and understanding Daniel's TTP software is not an overnight success story. Like all day-trading endeavors, time on the screen is mandatory. These guys have been there for me more than once.

Big Mike did a query not too long ago asking members for an estimate of how much each spent on software, webinars, indicators, etc., etc. Yes, I was an indicator junky long enough to blow one account. I am a Price Action and TTP trader now and very glad I found Dan and his team! Best of luck to all who might read this testimonial. I'm off a few days headed to Texas for Thanksgiving with our daughters. I'll end with a Happy Thanksgiving and best wishes to all!

Last Updated on January 9, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts