NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Trade-the-plan.com review

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one forgiven with 18 posts (6 thanks)
    2. looks_two Futures with 17 posts (14 thanks)
    3. looks_3 brettji with 16 posts (12 thanks)
    4. looks_4 t0030tr with 12 posts (44 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one t0030tr with 3.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Fibbee with 3.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bopwillie with 3.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Futures with 0.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 61,695 views
    2. thumb_up 244 thanks given
    3. group 64 followers
    1. forum 182 posts
    2. attach_file 27 attachments

Search this Thread

Trade-the-plan.com review

Futures 
Toronto ON/Canada

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: CL
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 14

Anyone have any luck locating him? Anyone now connecting to the server?

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
34 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
15 thanks
Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM
13 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
12 thanks
 Mimi K 
Amsterdam + Holland

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Nanotrader
Broker: WHS
Trading: Dax futures
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 1

Nope unfortunatley and nor have my trading buddies
It is taking too long now ....

FMTrader 
Adelaide South Australia

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninjatrader
Trading: ES & 6E
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 18

Futures View Post
Anyone have any luck locating him? Anyone now connecting to the server?

Unfortunately no. I have chased Daniel through all possible means and had no luck. I found a booking website which allows you to book and pay for Daniel's time in 30 minute increments. The listed address for him is in Florida which lines up with his personal facebook page. The booking site however still quoted his old business phone number in Covington Louisiana! It has been nearly three months since anything was posted on his personal facebook page. The same story with the TTP facebook page. Everything points to the fact he has moved and closed down his old business address. His main TTP website is still up and apparently accepting new sales. His software server has been offline for at least 7 weeks now. It is hard to fathom what has happened.

Futures 
Toronto ON/Canada

Hmm...well, all I know is I've been through this previously. If you look through this thread, you'll see that I had been concerned by his lengthy absence before; concerned that the last I remember his saying was something like his computer(s) or server(s) were being relentlessly hacked and then some new people (like Ruurd) showed up and Dan seemed nowhere to be found.

I was even emailed and asked for my phone number after posting in this thread. I had no way of knowing whether the hackers now had control of Dan's software, and I was asking for Dan to come forth and resolve the issue.

Normally, I would say Dan is just another used car salesman but when you look at the detailed work in his indicators, the striving for perfection, I would have to say that something just went off the rails. Most businesses go that way. Cheers everyone! Including you, Dan

Thanked by:
 FMTrader 
Adelaide South Australia

Platform: Ninjatrader
Trading: ES & 6E
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 18

Well after two months of Daniel Roe appearing to have disappeared off the face of the earth I checked the main TTP website today and found it has gone offline. A message then popped up that the domain name was for sale! I think we can now all assume that this is the end of Trade The Plan. After spending thousands of dollars on his software along with many others I can't say I am overly impressed. It staggers me that neither Daniel or someone who has worked with him have made any attempt to contact the user base to let them know what is happening and/or offer some sort of solution. I am sure existing customers would pay to keep their software viable but it is simply not an option.
Unfortunately it means the software will progressively loose functionality and never be able to be transferred to a new PC. I am already experiencing some configuration problems which are likely related to the software server being offline for more than 2 months. Assuming that Daniel is not terribly ill and/or totally incapacitated he may not be a popular individual should he resurface at a later date. If he is suffering from major health problems then it is just a sad state of affairs.

Sazon 
Roswell, GA

Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 930
Thanks Received: 472

FMTrader View Post
Well after two months of Daniel Roe appearing to have disappeared off the face of the earth I checked the main TTP website today and found it has gone offline. A message then popped up that the domain name was for sale! I think we can now all assume that this is the end of Trade The Plan. After spending thousands of dollars on his software along with many others I can't say I am overly impressed. It staggers me that neither Daniel or someone who has worked with him have made any attempt to contact the user base to let them know what is happening and/or offer some sort of solution. I am sure existing customers would pay to keep their software viable but it is simply not an option.
Unfortunately it means the software will progressively loose functionality and never be able to be transferred to a new PC. I am already experiencing some configuration problems which are likely related to the software server being offline for more than 2 months. Assuming that Daniel is not terribly ill and/or totally incapacitated he may not be a popular individual should he resurface at a later date. If he is suffering from major health problems then it is just a sad state of affairs.

That's sad to hear. If I remember correctly, he was suffering from substance abuse problems in the past (Correct me if I'm wrong). It looks like he was never able to conquer that demon.

Futures 
Toronto ON/Canada

His first excuse for one of his absences (there were 2 subsequent excuses that I recall - a fleeing fiancee and then covid) was that he said you could figure out that there was something wrong with him by how he sounded in his last posted video or live stream (can't remember exactly how he worded it) so I assumed it might likely be substance abuse.

What did P.T. Barnum say? There's a used car salesman born every minute? (Yeah, I know Barnum never said that).

Hopefully, someone can decrypt his software and post it open source for everyone to use.

dk27 
Europe

Platform: NT, IB
Broker: IQfeed, IB
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 223
Thanks Received: 144

Just noticed https://tradetheplan.com is back online.

Thanked by:
 Mimi K 
Amsterdam + Holland

Platform: Nanotrader
Broker: WHS
Trading: Dax futures
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 1

I get a message; off line
and domain has expired .....

Thanked by:
 dk27 
Europe

Platform: NT, IB
Broker: IQfeed, IB
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 223
Thanks Received: 144

Interesting, I even could log in.

Mimi K View Post
I get a message; off line
and domain has expired .....

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_189.png
Views:	51
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	332721   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_238.png
Views:	47
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	332722  
Thanked by:

Last Updated on January 9, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts